return for the fourth straight year in 2017 as while the Australian Open is again tinged with red, white and blue, they recognise | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 3 '18
Wheelchair racer David Weir has two more opportunities to claim a seventh Paralympic title and will retire after next Aprils London Marathon. Wholesale Adidas Ultra Boost Shoes 2018 .Weir was hoping to claim a third straight T54 800 metres title after his wins at Beijing 2008 and London 2012, where he won four gold medals from four events.The six-time Paralympic champion wheelchair racer was sixth at the bell as Swiss rival Marcel Hug set the pace. And Hug won in one minute 33.76 seconds as Weir had to settle for sixth.The 37-year-old has another opportunity on the track in Saturdays T53/54 4x400m relay -- if he opts to make himself available and if the team advance in Fridays heats -- and in the marathon on Sundays final day, which will be his final Paralympic performance.Thats my last [individual] race on the track ever, Weir said. That will be it for me. That was my decision before I came out here.I was thinking about it hard with my team around me and I said this is my last track event I can do. I said I want to retire at the London Marathon next year. Ill give it one more winters training and bow out where it all started.The 800m was Weirs third individual event in Rio, but his best result was fourth in the 1,500m. He was fifth in the 400m. It was a first Paralympic title for Hug, who finished second to Weir twice and fourth twice behind the Briton at London 2012.How do you think I feel? Its just so disappointing, said Weir, who is competing at his fifth Games. The sport has evolved over the last four years and Im just not good enough.Thats racing. Its moved on in four years. I felt sharp yesterday, just didnt feel as sharp this morning. Its one of those things and it just didnt work.Weir, from Wallington, Surrey, has no intention of continuing on until next years World Championships in London.He said: No, not for me. Track racings moved on so much it takes a lot out of your body to do everything. Im four years older and I just want to give the London Marathon one more crack.Weir became a father for the fourth time as partner Emily gave birth to the couples third child, Lenny, on Sunday. He was adamant that was not a reason for his performances.He added: A lot of people have been saying about the baby being born, but Im happy now hes here; it was one less worry, knowing that Emily was okay on her own. Thats got nothing to do with it at all.Weir said he was training well in the lead-up to Rio, hitting speeds quicker than prior to London 2012 on both road and track. But the results here, in a highly-competitive T54 class, illustrate the scale of his achievement in London four years ago.Weir, who won his first two Paralympic titles in Beijing, 12 years after his debut, said: A lot of the media put gold medals around my neck and I knew that London was special and it was never going to be achieved again.To me it was the pinnacle of my career. I couldnt have done it on a better stage. I was peaking at the right moment and it worked for me and Ive come away with four gold medals and its never going to be taken away from me.Sundays marathon finishes at Copacabana beach and will be Weirs last hurrah in Paralympic competition.The marathon I seem more comfortable at, but its a flat course so its going to suit the fast guys like the Japanese and Marcel, Weir added. It will be my last Paralympic race. Its going to be a big one, a hot one. Grey Adidas Ultra Boost 2018 . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Wholesale Adidas Ultra Boost Shoes . LUCIE, Fla. http://www.cheapultraboostdiscount.com/ . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Jordan Spieth just loves life Down Under.The 23-year-old American and former Masters champion now boasts two Australian Open crowns and an increased horde of Aussie fans after he survived a playoff at Royal Sydney on Sunday.The world No.5 was confident that could he shoot three-under over the weekend it would be enough to claim a second Stonehaven Cup, and thats exactly what transpired as he went 68-69 and then called on the steely nerves that had already yielded 11 wins worldwide.Spieth first rolled in a knee-knocking par putt at the 72nd hole to enter the playoff, before a 10-foot birdie at the first extra hole fell right in the middle of the cup and little-known Australian Ashley Hall was unable to respond.I felt like I really played well, I felt like I played well this week, Spieth said as he sat alongside the trophy.I got off with the driver and 3-wood, and putting throughout the week wasnt tip-top shape; but my short game was there, the iron play was solid, so it certainly felt like I was playing well enough to be in contention, just wasnt sure about winning.And then we made the putts at the very end that mattered.After triumphing at The Lakes Golf Club two years ago, and falling just short in his title defence at The Australian in 2015, Spieth certainly knows how to get into a rhythm Down Under.And its a golfing beat Australians are happy to dance along with, too.While the locals would have loved to have seen Adam Scott make a final-round charge or overnight leader Geoff Ogilvy claim a second Australian Open, Spieths gallery was jammed for much of the week with only those prepared to head out early on Thursday morning getting a continual close-up of the American.They were standing 10-deep at some parts of Royal Sydney on Sunday and while he only held the outright lead early on the final day, the fans never strayed too far knowing that if things got tight down the stretch Spieth would be there to strike.We love coming here, certainly plan on it...its hard to tell, Spieth said when asked whether hed be back to chase a third Stonehaven Cup in 2017.But how can you argue with coming here and gaining the confidence that weve had out of this event. So I certainly plan to, but just dont know whats going to happen 12 months from now.Ive cut out aa lot of overseas travel this year but we still came here because thats how important this event is to us. Adidas Ultra Boost 2018 Outlet. And I havent gone anywhere else...so even if overseas travel is trimmed out we still like coming here and plan to [in 2017], its just I certainly cant say yes or no right this second.A brilliant long-range birdie putt on 16 drew Spieth level with Hall and Smith before he got up and down from off the green at 17 and 18, both with testing par putts, to get into the playoff.He then only needed one blow at the first extra hole to put the pressure on and the putting that has been the cornerstone of his rise to the top of world golf did the rest.With world No.1 Jason Day out injured, defending champion Matt Jones forced to remain in the States to chase his PGA Tour card and Jonny Vegas the only other international of note outside Spieth, it was far from a star-filled Australian Open field.But so personable is Spieth and so intense the Sunday drama that unfolded that the lack of class in the field barely rated a mention.A few more international names wouldnt hurt but away from Rickie Fowler - who will contest the World Cup of Golf in Melbourne next week - only the rusted-on golf fans would really recognise some of the other leading Americans or Europeans on the PGA and European Tours.And the Aussie fans already have their man anyway.Yeah, fantastic, Aussie fans are unique, Spieth said.Theyre a lot of fun to be around, they certainly love their own but have embraced us as one of their own and we love that. So I mean everybody just I think wanted a fantastic finish and fortunately it was.A few people wanted it to probably go back in Aussie hands; Matt Jones wasnt here to reclaim it this year, and were happy to take it in his absence.But just to speak to the fans, theyre very respectful, very knowledgeable but also kind of the right amount of rowdy.The locals will certainly hope Spieth is able to return for the fourth straight year in 2017 as while the Australian Open is again tinged with red, white and blue, they recognise there is more than just a hint of green and gold running through Spieths veins now too.Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: