and swelling to his brain caused by injuries in a fight again | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 4 '19
The idea of a South African pace pack should conjure up images of fire and fury, speed and snarling, aggression and attitude. Vapormax China Paypal . Its vinnige (fast) Fanie, angry Allan Donald, dramatic Dale Steyn. Theres not much room for boring, even less for subtle, except now.In Hobart, South Africa showed not just their skills but also the consistency with which they can execute that talent. They have mastered the margins and operate within them with such accuracy that theyve taken 10 wickets for under 100 runs seven times in the last five years. Thats more than any other team. In this series, theyve already done it twice.Their three-pronged pace pack, even without Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel, can apply consistent pressure. They bowl on a ten cent piece, Steven Smith, Australias embattled captain, said. They dont give you any freebies. They challenge your defenses.As a collective, they always challenge batsmens defenses, albeit in different ways. First there is Vernon Philander, whose strategy is the simplest. On a surface which offers any assistance, he is doubly effective. He showed it on the first morning: fourth stump, outside off, move the ball a little. He chases the edge and targets the pads, limits the runs but does not search for speed. It doesnt matter if you bowl 115 or 150, he said. He reeled off five successive maidens on the final morning as proof.From the other end, there is Kagiso Rabada, who can send the speed gun soaring towards 150kph and can unleash a yorker as dangerous as his bouncer. Rabada has endless energy, the stamina for long spells and the sensibility to know what to do during them. A thoroughbred, former bowling coach Allan Donald called him. The ace for South Africa in this Test was Kyle Abbott. Coming off the bench, having last played a Test match in January and considering himself outside the first three or maybe even four seamers to play he looked the part. Abbott was picked ahead of Morkel not only because the latter is still searching for match fitness, but also because seam movement was going to be a factor. Abbott more than justified his inclusion. He worked Usman Khawaja over on the final morning by pitching it up and either moving it away or straightening; eventually he cashed in on Khawajas uncertainty. Adam Voges also misjudged the length, underlining Abbotts ability to force the batsmen into a shot.I stick to top of off with the odd bouncer. My theory is always to make the batsmen play, Abbott said.Especially because when they are playing, they can never be quite sure what they playing at. Abbott told the ABC that seam movement is something that surprises him as much as it does the batsmen. I actually dont know when its going to do that. If you watch my seam closely, the ones that nip back - its quite upright, but then when it gets a bit towards second slip to the right-hander it hits the shiny side and goes the other way. Thats a little bit of inconsistency in my wrist but I suppose if I dont know when its coming how the hell does the batsman know? I try and hit the stumps - off, middle, whatever it is - as hard as I can and let the natural variation do the work.It must be noted that discipline of the South African attack has gone up a notch since Charl Langeveldt took over as bowling coach after the 2015 World Cup. He was a relentless bowler himself - not emphatic - but insistent and he seems to be passing on the baton.The skills South Africa have were on display, not on the final morning, but on the third evening. Abbott termed it the investment session when they beat the bat repeatedly but failed to find the edge. Philander showed some frustration but in general, South Africa were gearing up for a protracted battle against batsmen Quinton de Kock said looked determined to hang around. From the start of a Test match, we talk about winning it on the last afternoon, willing to take it deep and be as patient as possible, de Kock said after the days play.Australia did not have the same idea. They collapsed for the third time in the series, against an attack that made it clear they could keep coming at them for as long as it took. Test cricket is a ruthless environment. Its about who can hold those pressure situations most and be ruthless with just wanting more. Its about never being happy with what youve done and always trying to be your best for the team, Abbott said. Air Force 1 China Wholesale . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. Nike Vapormax Wholesale China . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. http://www.fakeyeezyscheap.com/wholesale-air-max-90.html . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. Ricky Burns is not dismissing the lack of big names on challenger Kiryl Relikhs record ahead of Fridays title defence.Burns (40-5-1, 14 KOs) makes a first defence of his WBA world light-welterweight title against Relikh at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow with the possibility that victory will set up a money-spinning fight with American Adrien Broner, who may be ringside.The 33-year-old became Scotlands first three-weight world champion when he stopped Michele Di Rocco in May to revive his career following three defeats in his previous six bouts.Belarusian Relikh, who is trained by Britains former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton, has compiled an impressive unbeaten record of 21 wins, 19 by stoppage.My trainer Tony Sims and I have watched a few rounds of Relikh and hes got a lot of KOs on his record so he can obviously punch a bit, but its the level of opposition that hes been knocking out, said Burns.He can dig a bit but were not treating this any differently to any other fight Ive had. Ive had a good long camp for this one so theres no fears for me.This is my 48th fight now and Ive been in with big punchers before, I always wind Tony up and say that its a good job I dont mind being hit in the face, but my chin has always coped OK.Were expecting a tough fight, but were confident of getting the job done. There were some big fights offered to me. They fell through for this one but now weve got the mandatory to get out of the way.Thats not to disrespect to Relikh -- hes got our full attention -- but theres some massive fights out there. I boxed Di Rocco for the vacant belt [after Broner was stripped of it for failing to make the weight in April] so Ive had to do this mandatory sstraight away. Air Jordan 1 Retro High Og Cheap. We get this win and it leads to massive fights.You have to take notice of the record he brings. They might not be top names that hes been facing, but hes been knocking them out regardless.Burns has put all thought of fighting Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) to the back of his mind until after the fight.But if the brash 27-year-old from Cincinnati, who was last in action in April when he stopped Londoner Ashley Theophane, is ringside in Glasgow he is sure to let Burns know about his presence.Everybody seems to be looking past Kiryl but he has my full attention and if I dont come through this then these big fights are not going to happen, said Burns.Burns promoter Eddie Hearn says a future fight is possible with four-weight world champion Broner.Adrien contacted me and said he is coming to Glasgow on October 7 to watch the fight and if Ricky defeats Relikh I expect that fight to get made without any problems, said Hearn.All money made from remaining ticket sales for the Burns-Relikh show will be donated to the family of boxer Mike Towell.Scotsman Towell, 25, died in hospital with severe bleeding and swelling to his brain caused by injuries in a fight against Dale Evans in Glasgow on Thursday night.One week from Mike Towells final fight, we will be donating 100 per cent of all ticket sales from midnight tonight to midnight on Thursday to the family of Mike Towell, said Hearn.Hatton also started an online fundraising appeal for father-of-one Towell and the former champion donated £5,000. The JustGiving appeal has raised over £41,000. ' ' ' 
Share: