back at this for years. Itll be something Ill be able to tell my kids | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 4 '19
LAS VEGAS -- John Force beat daughter Courtney Force in the Funny Car final at the NHRA Toyota Nationals on Sunday, and Antron Brown wrapped up his third Top Fuel season title. Javy Lopez Jersey Braves .John Force powered his Chevrolet Camaro to a 3.884-second pass at 327.19 mph in the final. It was his 147th career victory, fourth of the season and sixth at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.Im really excited, said the 67-year-old Force, a 16-time season champion. I mean I never like beating my daughter. We got two wins in the Countdown just a little bit late. Its pretty exciting when I see the stands packed. The way NHRA and the way our TV deal has really been hopping, sold-out crowds, and so many things going on. To be a part of it still at my age is really awesome.Brown ended the title chase when he beat Wayne Newby in the quarterfinals. He also won season titles in 2012 and last year.Brian (Corradi) and Mark (Oswald) and our entire team has worked so hard and Im just privileged to drive that racecar for Don Schumacher Racing because Don makes it all happen, Brown said. When you come to a sport with all this access it makes dreams like mine, a kid from New Jersey, come true. My dad, uncle, everybody, they instilled it in me at a young age, work hard and you can make great things happen.Steve Torrence won the Top Fuel event, Shane Gray topped the Pro Stock field, and Jerry Savoie won in Pro Stock Motorcycle in the fifth race of the six-event Countdown to the Championship.Torrence had a 3.734 at 323.81 to beat J.R. Todd for his third win of the season.Gray had a 6.719 at 204.76 in a Camaro to edge Drew Skillman, and Jerry Savoie rode his Suzuki to a 6.915 at 194.13 to beat Andrew Hines. Savoie has six victories this season. Biff Pocoroba Jersey Braves . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Discount Jerseys Online . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. https://www.discountjerseysonline.com/dale-murphy-jersey-braves-88 . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players.Midfielder Danny Drinkwater says Leicesters extraordinary Premier League triumph is surreal and bonkers - but above all, special. Leicester sealed the most unlikely and unexpected top-flight victory when Tottenham were held to a 2-2 draw by Chelsea on Monday night.It is already being hailed as footballs greatest fairytale, and Drinkwater admitted he was still pinching himself on Tuesday morning. How the world reacted Newspaper headlines from across the globe salute Leicesters achievement... I cant really explain what Im feeling to be honest, he told Sky Sports News HQ. Its surreal but made a lot of dreams come true, so its perfect.Drinkwater and the rest of the players watched the pivotal London derby at striker Jamie Vardys home, and there were some wild celebrations. Leicester players gathered at Jamie Vardys house to watch Premier League title rivals Tottenham at Chelsea (Plumb Images) It was brilliant - all the lads were together when it happened and it kind of sums us up as a group of lads, said Drinkwater as he and the squad get used to calling themselves Premier League champions.It doesnt sound right does it? But weve done it and we are here to stay, he said. Really we are not going to drop off now we are going to push on.He paid tribute in particular to boss Claudio Ranieri. Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri returned to England on a private jet Brilliant - hes done a fantastic job for us and Im happy for him, he said. Hes never won this before and its good hes put his trust in us and weve repaid him.Hes a laid back kind of guy and it reflects on us, it helps us when it comes to the games. He has a serious side - every manager does - but Ive loved every minute working with him. Its been one hell of a season.Drinkwater started his career with Manchester United but failed to break into the first team at Old Trafford. Leicesters captain Wes Morgan gives an insight into Jamie Vardys Premier League title winning party Youre leaving a big club thats used to winning trophies and you come to a club thats not got the history and its not got the size, he said. Julio Teheran Jersey Braves. But you look at how its turned around. In three years weve won the Championship and we have won the Prem. Its bonkers - its so hard to put in to words.Leicester skipper Wes Morgan will lift the trophy this weekend in the home game against Everton and midfielder Drinkwater admits he cannot wait. This is what winning the Premier League title looked like from Christian Fuchs perspective He said: It will be a special moment. It will be good for the fans, and anyone who cant get in to the stadium. It will still be special. Its a huge day and [well] just enjoy it. We are going to enjoy every minute of it.Ill be looking back at this for years. Itll be something Ill be able to tell my kids about and my family. Im just happy they got to feel this as well. Its a special moment and its so hard to put in to words what this will do for people at this club. Also See: Ranieri: Heart and soul won it Leicester champions LIVE! Celebrity reactions to Leicester WATCH: Ranieris best quotes ' ' ' 
Share: