my finger like that and get a little bit of spit on it my finger like that and get a little bit of spit on it | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 19 '19
Australia 66 for 2 (Smith 28*, Khawaja 25*) trail Sri Lanka 117 (Lyon 3-12, Hazlewood 3-21) by 51 runs Scorecard and ball-by-ball detailsBefore this Test was 40 overs old, 12 wickets had fallen and just 124 runs had been scored. Fake Yeezy Boost 350 V2 . Three of the dismissals were bowled, four lbw. Forget about reducing the depth of bats, making them wider and longer seemed a better way to achieve balance between bat and ball on a day like this. But then Steven Smith and Usman Khawaja came along, played steady, and restored sanity. They reminded everyone that, actually, these were quite good batting conditions.Until then, the only such hint from the scorecard was the footnote that Angelo Mathews had won the toss and chosen to bat. Josh Hazlewood: 3 for 21 from ten overs. Nathan Lyon: 3 for 12 from three. Sri Lankas top scorer: debutant Dhananjaya de Silva with 24. Sri Lankas best partnership: 25. And after Sri Lanka were all out for 117, David Warner and Joe Burns both fell within the first four overs of Australias innings. Surely this was a bowlers paradise?Not quite. Yes, there was spin. Yes, there were hints of swing. So there should be. But the bounce was generally true and as Smith and Khawaja began to show later in the day - before rain washed out the entire final session - good batting could be rewarded. Of course, they were both still finding their way when play was abandoned, Smith on 28 from 46 deliveries and Khawaja on 25 from 54. But only one Sri Lankan - Dinesh Chandimal with 15 off 54 - had lasted that long.Certainly Australias bowlers deserve significant credit. Hazlewood especially found just enough movement early in the day to be constantly threatening. Mitchell Starc picked up the first wicket, Dimuth Karunaratne lbw for 5 to a ball that tailed in, but Starc was playing his first Test since November and took some time to find his consistency. Hazlewood was the man who pierced the Sri Lanka top order.Kusal Mendis was lbw to Hazlewood for 8, failing to get bat on a ball that swung in, and Kaushal Silva followed quickly for 4, edging through to Adam Voges at first slip. Sri Lankas 15 for 2 had become 18 for 3, and Mathews might have started to wish he had lost the toss after all. He was the next man to walk to the crease and, after offering some resistance, was also the next to walk off.Smith had called on the left-arm spinner Steve OKeefe in the ninth over of the match and some turn was immediately evident. Then, in his fourth over, OKeefe extracted both spin and bounce to collect the edge off Mathews, who was taken at slip for 15. The innings was not yet 15 overs old and already Sri Lankas debutant at No.6, de Silva, was on his way to the middle.But de Silva showed few nerves and from his fifth ball in Test cricket got off the mark with a classy six down the ground off OKeefe, using his feet to find the pitch of the ball and hitting through the line. It was the only glimmer in an otherwise gloomy morning for the hosts. They went to lunch at 84 for 5 after Hazlewood again found some late swing, just enough to clip the edge of Chandimals bat; he was caught behind for 15.Sri Lanka lasted only a further 38 deliveries after lunch, as Lyon finished off what Hazlewood had started. Lyon had bowled just a single over before lunch but took two wickets within the first four deliveries after the break. The second ball of the session turned and caught the inside edge of de Silvas bat, and he was taken at bat-pad for 24. Two balls later Dilruwan Perera was struck in front for a duck.In his next over, Lyon got rid of Kusal Perera, who offered no shot to a ball that went on with the arm and rattled his stumps. He had made 20 and was the last of the recognised batsmen. The only question remaining was whether Sri Lanka would reach triple figures; they did that, but not a whole lot more.Herath was lbw to Starc, the victim of an astute review from the Australians that found the ball had just clipped his foot before coming off the middle of the bat. Debutant Lakshan Sandakan struck four boundaries to provide some entertainment before Nuwan Pradeep was the last man out, taken at slip off OKeefe.Rare is the Test in which a first innings of 117 is adequate, though Mathews would have been buoyed by the start made by his bowlers. In the third over, Pradeep got one to swing back in to David Warner, who chopped on for a duck, and next over Joe Burns was bowled for 3 when Herath, who shared the new ball in an attack short on pace options, moved one on with the arm.Australia were 7 for 2, but finally a half-century was forthcoming - albeit a partnership - as Khawaja and Smith compiled 59 by tea. They had just settled in when the rain did the same. Fake Yeezys For Sale . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. Wholesale Fake Yeezys .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. http://www.fakeyeezysforsale.com/ .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Speaking for the first time since being found guilty of ball-tampering on Tuesday evening, South Africas stand-in captain Faf du Plessis used the first half of his pre-match press conference to continue to claim innocence. Du Plessis began with an explanation of what he considered the difference between altering the condition of the ball and merely looking after it, and that he firmly believed he was only doing the latter.Yesterday was the hearing and the verdict was that I was guilty. I completely disagree with that. I felt like I have done nothing wrong, du Plessis said. Theres two ways of looking at it, either ball-shining or ball-tampering. For me, if you talk about ball-tampering, that is something thats wrong. Its picking the ball, scratching the ball.Shining is something that all cricketers would say is not in that same space. It is something all cricketers do and I think there will be a lot of emphasis after this incident on where the game is going, what the ICC is going to do about it. I dont believe shining is wrong. Its not like I was trying to cheat or anything. I was shining a ball and I see no problem with that.Du Plessis admitted he had a massive mint in his mouth and was not trying to be insidious about what he was doing in using saliva that had mixed with the sweet to shine the ball, but he questioned why he would have escaped charge had his actions not been seen by television cameras. I wasnt trying to actually hide it, he said. I put a massive mint in my mouth and my mouth was that wide open. Whether you shine the ball with a sweet in your mouth or whether you dont see the sweet, and the sweet is still there, its exactly the same thing.And according to du Plessis, he has received enough support from both current and former players, including Australian captain Steven Smith, who in his own press conference said his team along with every other, shine the ball the same way, to know that it is commonplace in the game.The ex-players have spoken about it. Its part of our game. Its been an unwritten rule, du Plessis said. Some people use sunblock to shine the ball. I know of people who carry lip-ice in their pocket and shine the cricket ball or gum. So many things. Its just so difficult to say what is right and what is wrong. To say that when you have a sweet in your mouth, its wrong but when you have a sweet in your mouth and the camera doesnt pick up on it, its okay. Its just a really massive grey area.The everybody-does-it defense made headlines in the lead-up to du Plessis hearing, when footage emerged of Virat Kohli shining a ball when he appeared to have gum in his mouth, and David Warner shining a ball after applying lip-balm to his mouth. Neither Kohli nor Warner were charged - the visuals of their actions emerged after the ICCs five-day window for reporting incidents - and although du Plessis would not be drawn on whether they should have been, he asked for consistent application of the rules. I just ask that everyone gets treated the same way, he said. The ICC has taken a stance against me to use me as a scapegoat. All you can ask for is that everyone gets treated the same.He also, along with Cricket South Africa CEO Haroon Lorgat, who was present at the press conference, hoped there would be clarity on what constitutes an artificial substance, and believes his case could lead to thorough research into whether sugar can make the ball swing.Ninety percent of the time, cricketers have got sugary saliva, du Plessis said. Whether we are drinking Powerade, Coke, Gatorade, eating sweets, ssucking on jellies, our mouths are always full of sugar. Fake Yeezy Powerphase. Its such a grey area in the laws of cricket and its something that will be looked at. Us as cricketers, we think that it makes a difference but we are not scientists. We are not sure if it makes a difference. Its opened up a can of worms, whats going to happen now, going forward with the game. Something like this needed to happen to create a little bit more awareness on it.Lorgat confirmed that CSA will engage the ICC on the matter at the next cricket committee meeting but until then, du Plessis has asked not be branded underhanded and for the practice to be considered acceptable. Its never nice to be in a position like this because with ball tampering, its a really negative connotation that gets put to it and the term cheat has been thrown around and thats something I do not take lightly, he said.Its something I dont want to be associated with in any space and as I said, I felt I did nothing wrong. I was shining the cricket ball. Ive been doing that for my whole career and every single team I have played in does exactly the same thing and its not something thats frowned upon my anyone, not even the umpires. So to make such a big thing, I just think it was a little bit blown out of proportion by everyone.He has also thanked his team-mates for their united showing of support when Hashim Amla addressed the media at the MCG last Friday, with the entire squad alongside him. If you know the character of someone like Hashim Amla, you will understand that for him to go out and stand in front of the press and say the things that he said, he will feel very strongly about it. He is just the most honest guy on the planet so for him to say that means a lot, du Plessis said. Its speaks a lot about our culture and how we dont let any outside noise creep into our space.The noise may not have got in, but du Plessis has been warned to expect a hostile reception at the Adelaide Oval, perhaps from the opposition but definitely from the crowd. While he does not think Smith and co will have anything because he believes they do the same thing.I think the Aussies wont talk about it at all because they know thats part of their team as well. Its not been driven by the cricketers. You dont expect to go out there against Australia and walk out with a clap and welcome to the crease. Its part of playing against Australia, you expect that and thats something I have grown used to, he said, but challenged fans to understand his perspective. Im hoping that cricketing sense will be prevail. Its obviously something that if you are a cricketer and you understand cricket that this is not actually that big of a deal.With the ball in the spotlight, du Plessis tactics on shining the pink ball will come into focus but he has indicated it may not need as much work. The timing is perfect that its the pink ball. Apparently it swings more. It will be interesting to see how to shine the ball. I will probably just touch my finger like that and get a little bit of spit on it, he joked.And will he still use mints as the sugary substance of choice? Possibly just for bad breath now, not for shining the ball. I still the feel exactly the same way. Whether I was guilty or not, whether the sentence was different or not, I still feel exactly the same way. Maybe that needs to change now but possibly for this one game, I just maybe need to stay away from the mints. ' ' ' 
Share: