Although the 2018 season did not go | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Nov 19 '19

The NFL season is officially over Joe Theismann Jersey , and the off-season has begun. the way the Redskins planned, hope now springs eternal, because as we all know, the Redskins really like winning off the field.I used Fanspeak’s On the Clock Mock Draft simulator 2019 for this seven round mock draft. I chose the Fanspeak Big Board by our own Steve Shoup, and Fanspeak Team Needs. For a more challenging scenario, I chose the difficult setting for my mock. Before I did my draft, I chose some key free agent signings that I’d like to see the team make, so you can see the rational for some of my selections.Key Free Agent Signings:Darqueze DennardCBShane RayEDGETyrell WilliamsWRYou can see the entire draft here.Player Breakdown:RD 1 - Devin White:You all know my love of the linebacker position. Most of you also know how incredibly critical I was last season of the inside linebacker play. The linebackers are the lifeline of the defense, and as they go, so does that side of the football. In White, the Redskins get the best linebacker in college football. He has everything you look for as a future leader of the defense. He’s fast, aggressive, instinctive and a tenacious hitter. He can play sideline-to-sideline, drop into coverage, cover backs and tight ends one-on-one and blitz. He’s a do-it-all player who has All-Pro potential. It won’t take long for fans to fall in love with this pick!RD 2 - Deebo Samuel:Wide receiver is one of the weakest positions on this team. The addition of Tyrell Williams via free agency and Deebo Samuel in the draft immediately make this unit dangerous.Samuel is very much like former Redskins receiver Pierre Garcon in how physical he is after the catch, and his running back like mentality. He is a much better route runner than Garcon was coming into the league, and should be an immediate contributor at any of the three wide receiver spots (X, Z or Slot). RD 3 - Jarrett Stidham:I have really began taking quite a liking to Stidham. He’s not a polished prospect just yet, but his potential is through the roof. The more I study him, the more I like him. Stidham has good size, an excellent arm, good pocket presence and sneaky athleticism. I have a feeling after watching a lot of his film, that he may indeed turn out to be the best quarterback in this class down the road. His numbers at Auburn weren’t eye-popping, and he surprised many when he declared for the 2019 draft, but with the right coaching, and some patience, he should be a high-level NFL starter for years. RD 3 - Ryan Bates: I know quite a bit about Ryan Bates, as I’ve watched the guy play since he arrived at Penn State as a blue-chip in-state prospect. He was moved around during his time in Happy Valley due to injuries and necessity. He can play either tackle position, but his future in the NFL is at guard. Bates has great fundamentals, powerful hands, and very light, quick feet. In my opinion, he will be a plug-and-play left guard, who has the ability to slide out to tackle in a pinch. He is scheme diverse, but I really see him being great when asked to operate in space and work up to the second level. RD 5 - Bryce Love:A knee injury suffered last season is why you see Love dropping in this draft. When healthy, he is a dynamic running back with plus receiving skills. With Chris Thompson on the roster, Love may have the luxury of going on the PUP list and learning the system while he works his way back to 100 percent. This may be a pick for the future rather than the present, but if things work out, he could be a great change-of-pace back to Guice Sonny Jurgensen Jersey , and Thompson’s eventual replacement.RD 5 - Chuma Edoga:Edoga is a raw prospect with a high ceiling. Although he’s under 6’5”, he has incredibly long arms, and quick feet. He is a positional blocker versus a traditional mauler. He’ll need to add some functional strength, but he a piece of clay for a offensive line coach to mold. RD 6 - Darius West:West showed well during Kentucky’s 2018 campaign, and his bowl game against Penn State was one of his best all season. He loves to mix it up at the line of scrimmage, and will play much bigger than his 210 pound listed weight. He’s a bit tight-hipped which will limit him in coverage, but he should make an immediate impact on special teams, and be a future contributor at strong safety. RD 7 - Carl Granderson:Granderson is a developmental EDGE with a solid motor and a good frame to build on. He needs to work on his secondary moves, and be a bit more consistent with his pad level at the point of contact. He has good bend and burst that coaches will love to work with. Big Hands, Great Receiver, Lots of Promise"Josh Oliver, TESchool: San Jose State | Conference: Mountain WestCollege Experience: Senior | Age: 21?Height / Weight: 6-5 / 246 lbsProjected Draft Status: 4th -7th RoundNFL Comparison: Vance McDonaldCollege StatisticsPlayer OverviewA native of Templeton, CA, Josh Oliver was originally recruited to play as a linebacker out of high school, where he received All State honors. He comes with strong bloodlines in the game, both his father and brother played football for Cal Poly, and his uncle - Clancy Oliver - played in the NFL for the Steelers and Cardinals. Oliver made starts in all four years in college at San Jose State as a tight end, but the vast majority of his production came in his senior season, where he had 59 catches for 709 yards and 4 TDs, and was named first team All Mountain West conference. Additionally, he made his team high catches count, with 67.9% of them resulting in first downs or touchdowns, a percentage second only to UCLA’s Caleb Wilson.Despite playing for a fairly small school, his performance in 2018 - particularly his 16 contested catches, which led the college football ranks - caught the eye of the evaluators at Pro Football Focus, who ranked him the number 5 tight end entering this year’s draft.StrengthsStrong vertical threat.Good route running abilityHas big hands and can catch reliably. Good ball skills.Can play as a TE, in the slot, or on the outside.Decent in pass protection.Well liked by his teammates. Voted team captain.Strong work ethic.WeaknessesNeeds to work on blocking, particularly in the run game.Needs to bulk up more.Doesn't rack up YAC. Goes down too easily with contact.Seems not to play as fast as his clocked time.Let’s see his workHow He Would Fit On The RedskinsOliver profiles as a prototypical, modern day TE, with good hands and route-running ability, but room to grow as a blocker. Additionally, given his dramatically improved performance during his senior season, it suggests that his development is continuing and that he still has considerable room to grow as a player. Oliver is a red zone weapon and possesses the capability to use his size and vertical ability to beat defenders when it counts. As a result ofa very favorable combine performance, Oliver is rising on draft boards, and would likely need to be targeted with one of the team’s fifth round picks - if he lasts that long. On the Redskins, Oliver would be a great TE2 substitute for Vernon Davis, replicating many of the skills that Davis brings to the table for a fraction of the cost.

Share: