They were trying to see what worked | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Nov 18 '19

Early in the season Isaiah Johnson Oakland Raiders Jersey , the shuffling going on in the secondary was a little odd, but somewhat understandable.  if anyone would step up and take the starting job. Thus far at the safety positions no one has. We don’t yet know what WILL work at the safety spot, but we do know what will NOT work. Reggie Nelson and Marcus Gilchrist have NOT worked. Those two are also the elder statesmen of the group, so with a clear long term rebuild happening, the only answer is to go with the young unproven safeties, Erik Harris and Karl Joseph.Paul Guenther went with a different answer.A week after Reggie Nelson wasn’t even active on game day, and Gilchrist was clearly the worst player on the field, the two of them trotted out once again as the team’s starters and played the majority of the snaps at safety.Meanwhile Harris played 25 snaps (45%) and Joseph 13 (24%).No one is saying Harris and Joseph have earned the starting jobs, but if either or both of them are going to be able to showcase themselves and show they are deserving of a shot at being the long term answer Isaiah Johnson Oakland Raiders Jersey , they can’t be up and down each week and getting limited snaps. Jon Gruden said after last Sunday’s loss to the Colts that the Raiders are trying to put the best players on the field, not just put players out there for evaluation or to “audition” them. The players on the field aren’t giving them any better chance to win, and quite possibly are hurting the team.This team isn’t winning. Not even close most weeks. The defense is a travesty. Not only are Nelson and Gilchrist part of that, but it’s past time to shift into evaluation mode and put in players hungry to carve out a career. Not guys who are clearly giving up because hope in winning is lost.Week 9 snap counts..Offense.Defense.Special Tms...Offense.Defense.Special Tms.Follow @LeviDamien Raiders quarterback Derek Carr believes his second season playing for coach Jon Gruden will be significantly better than the first.Carr told Sal Paolantonio of ESPN that Gruden’s offense is a tough one to command, but Carr now feels prepared to do it.“Year 2, we’re having different level of conversations,” Carr said. “I have two offseasons under my belt, almost two training camps under my belt, I have a full year of experience under my belt Isaiah Johnson Jersey 2019 , of knowing what checks he wants, what he wants me to get to, what his thought process is on third-and-short, on second-and-short, I know what routes he wants me checking to versus different looks. I’m doing my best just to execute this difficult offense. There’s just so much on the quarterback’s plate that it’s different from some of the other systems that I’ve been in.”After a disappointing season in his return to Oakland, Gruden is counting on Carr being ready to play a lot better than he did last year.

Share: