like that affect you then the terr | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 18 '19
MOBILE, Ala. Howie Kendrick Jersey . -- Jessica Korda won her first LPGA Tour title two years in Australia and opened this season with another victory in the Bahamas. On Sunday, the 21-year-old Florida got one on her home turf with a back-nine charge in the Airbus LPGA Classic. "Its very sweet," Korda said. "Finally on U.S. soil and somewhat close to Florida. I definitely wish that I could have at least shared it with my parents, but I know that theyre watching. My brothers playing a tennis tournament right now and my sisters trying for a U.S. Open qualifier, so were kind of scattered all over the place, but I cant wait to go home and share this with them." Korda, whose father, Petr, won the 1998 Australian Open tennis tournament and mother, Regina Raichrtova, also played pro tennis, birdied four of the final five holes, making a breaking 15-foot birdie putt on the par-4 18th for a 7-under 65 and a one-stroke victory over Anna Nordqvist. Korda played the back nine in 6-under 30 to finish at 20-under 268 on The Crossings course at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trails Magnolia Grove complex. "It just sets up great for my game," said Korda, who shot 20 under in this event last year and tied for second. "I can be aggressive. I can read the greens. My confidence just was rising every single day. I just love it here. I love Alabama, I love this golf course, and hopefully well have this tournament for a very, very long time." Nordqvist also birdied the 18th and finished with a 69. Michelle Wie, 18-year-old Charley Hull and 44-year-old Catriona Matthew tied for third at 18 under. Wie and Hull shot 67, and Matthew had a 69. Wie played alongside Korda and Hull. "I love playing with Korda," Wie said. "Its also really great playing with Charley as well, too. You feel old but it was a lot of fun." Wie, the winner last month in Hawaii, has seven top-10 finishes in 10 starts this year. "I knew I needed a low score," Wie said. "I got hot starting on and just didnt quite get it together on the back nine, but still I shot 5 under today and theres really nothing I can do. Im just really happy for Korda. I had a lot of fun playing with her and I knew I needed a low number and I just didnt hit it low enough." Korda started the day three strokes behind 54-hole leader Nordqvist and managed only one birdie on the front nine. "Yesterday was a little frustrating because I was always around the hole and same thing actually on the front nine, watching Michelle make putt after putt after putt and mine were just kind of missing," Korda said. "I was like, OK, its time to drop now. Then they started dropping on the back nine. It was a really relaxed day, so I really enjoyed the walk." She birdied Nos. 10 and 12 to join a six-way tie for the lead, with three more players just one shot off the pace in the birdie-fest. "Charley was making birdies, Michelle was making birdies and everybody behind us was making birdies, so I knew I had to keep making birdies," Korda said. Korda broke out of that logjam with a curling downhill birdie putt at the 14th hole, then took the lead for good with a 25-foot birdie on No. 15. She protected that small lead with a birdie at the par-5 16th and her closing birdie on the 18th. "That last putt broke really hard," Korda said. "I probably played it about a yard out and I was just trying to get it down there close and it went in. I have not played well since I won in the Bahamas but Ive been working hard and it finally paid off here." Second-ranked Stacy Lewis had a 71 to tie for 10th at 15 under. She needed a solo third or higher to take the top spot in the world from Inbee Park. Patrick Corbin Nationals Jersey .com) - On the bright side, either the Minnesota Wild or Buffalo Sabres will end their losing streak on Thursday night. Joe Ross Jersey . Paire broke Giraldo twice and lost his serve once in both sets to wrap up the win in 1 hour, 10 minutes. He will next face Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain, who advanced when Jurgen Zopp of Estonia retired with an injury at 5-5 in the first set.OTTAWA - On Friday night, the CFLs Ottawa Redblacks will return to the field. The NHLs Senators will take the ice Saturday.Neither game has much significance in the standings for either team — the Redblacks are playing out their disappointing inaugural season while the Sens are just getting their campaign started.But after Wednesdays brazen attack on Parliament Hill, the games have become something more than just sporting events. Players on both teams say they hope to lift the heartbroken citys spirits and help begin the healing process.I think it shows we are defiant to outside threats or acts of terrorism, said Jeff Hunt, president of the Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group, which owns the Redblacks. Were going to continue to live as Canadians and enjoy our lives and enjoy our freedoms. A sporting event is never more important than after something like what happened here in Ottawa.The Redblacks game against the Montreal Alouettes will be the first large scale public gathering since Wednesdays shooting at the National War Memorial and Parliament Hill.Both the Senators, who host the New Jersey Devils on Saturday, and Redblacks said fans should expect increased security measures.The Senators said in a release that all patrons will be screened with hand-held metal detectors and have their bags searched before they will be granted access on all future event days at Canadian Tire Centre.Both teams, however, preferred the focus be on the resiliency of Ottawa residents and sports fans.Friday night I think the Redblacks game and our game Saturday that it will be real special to see a cool atmosphere and see everybody come together and show our support for everybody involved through the game, said Senators forward Kyle Turris. Anything we can do to help with spirits or take our minds off things well be happy to do.The Redblacks will hold a pre-game tribute in memory of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, who was shot and killed Wednesday, as well as two Canadian soldiers who were attacked Monday in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que. Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent was killed and another Canadian soldier was injured in that attack when a man deliberately drove a car into them.The Senators will also be holding a moment of silence in honour of the weeks events, a special ceremony and anthem presentation. The team is asking fans to wear red to the game in honour of Canadas military personnel and first responders.When this happens hockey takes a backseat, it really is secondary with a tragic incident like this, said Senators Sports & Entertainment president Cyrill Leeder. But hockey is important to Canadians and to our community here and we think we will be an important part of that moving forward process for the community.Both organizations employ a number of local playyers who said Wednesdays events left them shaken, but also incredibly proud. Anthony Rendon Jersey. Its unsettling for sure and its sad to see, said Senators defenceman Mark Borowiecki, who grew up in an Ottawa suburb. Were such a small community and youve got such a small town feel here that sometimes you kind of forget that we are a major city and were the capital of a major western country.Senators defenceman Cody Ceci, who also grew up in Ottawa, had a number of family members working in the downtown core and worried about their safety until he was able to make contact with them.Much was the same for the local members of the Redblacks, who will take particular pride representing their community on Friday.Its special to be able to play in front of my hometown and help people take their minds off the tragedy of what happened, said fullback John Delahunt. When events like this happen Canadians seem to unite so I definitely expect to see a great sense of patriotism from the fans. Im sure it will be an emotional anthem and we can all reflect on what a great country we live in.Players from both organizations spoke of the surreal scope of emotions that went through their minds as events unfolded through the day.Its scary how something like that can happen, said Senators defenceman Chris Phillips. At the same time, as bad as it is, you get a sense of safety with it seeing what a great job the emergency teams did of containing it.Redblacks head coach Rick Campbell said Wednesdays events put the importance of sports in perspective.We always talk in football like you have to act as if its the most important thing in the world because its such a competitive sport, Campbell said. But you have to realize that it really isnt, that there are a lot more important things in the world.Players said they had no concern for their own personal safety despite the shooting.Im sure the security will be top notch and its important to get back to our lives as we know it, Delahunt said. As Canadians we cant let an event like (Wednesdays) change our lives and how we live it.Defensive lineman Keith Shologan said its natural that there will be some safety concerns, but he doesnt expect it will keep anyone from coming to the game.We live in Canada, we live in a peaceful place and these things dont happen very often and I think thats why when they do they hurt so much, Shologan said. If you let things like that affect you then the terrorists are winning.The Senators game against the Toronto Maple Leafs scheduled for Wednesday night was rescheduled for November 9.This marked the second time the Senators have had a game postponed in light of violent events. Ottawa was in Boston preparing to play the Bruins in April 2013 when bombs exploded at the Boston Marathon. ' ' '
Share: