a big loss to New Zealand on the opening day | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 18 '19
EUGENE, Ore. Nike Air Max 95 Destockage . -- Dawn Harper-Nelson won gold in the 100-meter hurdles at the 2008 Olympics and silver at the 2012 Olympics. But not only will she not be running the 100 hurdles in Rio, she did not even reach the final in that event at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials Friday.Racing in the second of three heats in the semifinals, Harper-Nelson finished third with a time of 13.01 seconds. The top two in each heat of that event advance to the final, with the next two fastest times going as well for eight total. But Harper-Nelson finished ninth, just one one-hundredth of a second behind Sharika Nelvis.Tears are going to come. But right now Im just in shock, Harper-Nelson said. Im going to go through anger, more disbelief. Frustration. Confusion. I dont know what is going on. I just dont believe it. Jesus, I dont believe it!Harper-Nelson was not the only one who had trouble believing Fridays results. Queen Harrison has five of the top 10 times in the world in the 100 hurdles this year, but she didnt finish in the top three in the final to qualify for Rio. Jasmin Stowers and Nelvis also had top-10 world times, but they didnt qualify, either.All the girls that are here can contend for a medal in Rio, so its unfortunate that the way the rules go you can only send three, Harrison said. Because we have the best hurdlers in the world, bar none. But thats just the way the cookie crumbles.It crumbled for Shamier Little as well. Little had the fastest time in the womens 400 hurdles this year, but she did not qualify for the final in her event. She had the sixth-fastest time of the day at 55.64 seconds but did not advance to the final because she finished fifth in her heat and only the top four from each heat advanced.Meanwhile, three hurdlers did end Friday with bright smiles. Brianna Rollins, who has three of the top 10 times in the world this year, won the 100 hurdles final with a time of 12.34, followed by Kristi Castlin and Nia Ali.I guess were the best in the country, the best in the world, Rollins said. Its really strong. I look forward to competing with those ladies. Hopefully all three of us will be on top of the medal stand.Asked who the favorite in Rio is, Harper-Nelson immediately replied: Dawn Harper! before laughing and quickly adding. No, I just want to see these girls run well, so they can represent us -- I cant believe Im saying that. Someone else to represent us?What was it like for the two-time Olympian to not even qualify for the final?It was weird. I was watching myself, like Come on! What are you doing? Come on! Harper-Nelson said. I went through some issues in the warmup. I jammed my hip on my trailing side, but I didnt think it would affect me like that in the race. Ive never been in a position where someone is pulling away and I wasnt able to react. I was saying to myself, What, you cant go?Ive been blessed to have a very consistent career. Ive seen it happen to others, but one one-hundredth? Really? Its a dagger in the heart. But it comes with the territory. You see so many people cry about finishing in fourth place and not making the team. But ninth is like Dude! Who gets ninth, Dawn?Harper-Nelson, 32, said she isnt sure whether this will be her last attempt at the Olympics, though she will continue to compete.Im definitely a hungry individual when it comes to the hurdles, she said. I dont even want to hear what my coach [Bobby Kersee] has to say. Of course hes going to be nice, Hey, Im here for you. Hell have to console me because Ill be crying. But hell know it was just because I didnt execute this year. Grossiste Air Max 90 Chine .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. Chaussure Pas Cher Chinois . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. https:///...kage-solde-302a.html . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. England have spoiled the party in the second leg of the World Sevens Series in Cape Town, after a thrilling 19-17 win over tournament hosts South Africa in the final.The Blitzboks had a chance to send the match into extra time but a missed conversion from the sideline after a late try from?Werner Kok saw England hold on for victory.It was a nervy finish for England with Dan Norton yellow carded for a high tackle, but earlier tries from Norton himself as well as Richard de Carpentier and?Ruaridh McConnochie as well as two conversions from Tom Mitchell proved to be enough.The result ends the Blitzboks three year run of Cup titles on home soil having won in Porth Elizabeth in 2013 and 2014, and in Cape Town last year.New Zealand were able to recover from their poor performance at Dubai with a bronze medal win over Scotland after an injury time try, while Australia had a tournament to forget losing their consolation semi-finals 21-17 to Argentina.New Zealand fell short to the Blitzboks in the semi-final after?an early Sherwin Stowers try had given them a 7-0 lead, but?they came unstuck losing 14-7.The All Black 7s were able to bounce back in a dramatic?24-19 win over the Scots with a Johnathan?Ruru late try.Australia, however, opened their day with a big 42-12 win over minnowss Uganda, but failed to?apply critical pressure against Argentina when they had the advantage, and allowed them back into their semi-final match. Air Max 90 Pas Cher Chine. Australia coach Andy Friend said the side was left disappointed after their poor showing.We made too many simple errors in our game against Argentina. When we should be showing composure, were not. We are not working together as a unit at the moment which is disappointing.We said at the start of this year that we wanted to make the quarter finals of every tournament, he added.We didnt make this one, therefore it is unacceptable.Cape Town winners, England, took the tough route to the final having qualified second from their pool after a big loss to New Zealand on the opening day of the tournament.They were down by 12 points with two minutes to go in their quarter final against Fiji, before de Carpentier and McConnochie tries sent the game into extra time where Norton scored to seal Englands place in the semis.England went on to beat their neighbours Scotland 33-14 in their semi final before an unlikely win over the red hot Blitzboks to secure their first tournament win since Tokyo last year. ' ' '
Share: