special teamer and backup safety Obi Melifonwu | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Nov 17 '19

Giants coach Pat Shurmur challenged what appeared to be a clear uncalled pass interference late in Thursday’s loss to the Patriots Stephen Gostkowski Jerseys Stitched , but he discovered that in the NFL, what appears to be clear isn’t always what’s called on instant replay.Shurmur said after the game that he thought he needed to challenge even though Al Riveron and the league’s officiating office have been clear that they’re just not going to change the call on the field on pass interference.“I thought I had a solid chance to get it,’’ Shurmur said http://www.patriotslockerroom.com/authentic-jeremy-hill-jersey , via the , “but we see that replay doesn’t overturn much. So, I am not surprised.’’Giants receiver Golden Tate Youth Matthew Slater Jerseys , who was grabbed by Patriots defensive back Jonathan Jones before the ball arrived, was baffled.“I’m really unclear what the rule is so I’m hoping we send it into the NFL and they explain to us what they see and what they think and why it wasn’t called,” Tate said.As former NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira explained on the FOX broadcast Matthew Slater Jerseys Stitched , Riveron is only overturning the most flagrantly missed calls.“We all would agree that that’s pass interference,” Pereira said. “But in replay it’s a different standard.”It’s such a different standard that there might as well not be replay for interference. Coaches need to know they’re not going to win a challenge. The Super Bowl is getting closer, and both the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams are in perfect shape heading into the game. The two teams did not list any players on their final injury reports of the week and today’s lists of inactive players reflect this:Patriots inactivesNone of the players listed as inactive are that big of a surprise. With Deatrich Wise Jr. returning off his injury-related absence in the AFC Championship Game Kenny Britt Jersey , the Patriots decided to deactivate Derek Rivers once again. Also inactive is special teamer and backup safety Obi Melifonwu, whose spot on the active roster gets taken by defensive tackle Danny Shelton — a run stopper helping against the Rams’ potent ground game.Basically, the Patriots are at full strength heading into the Super Bowl.Rams inactivesJust like there is on the Patriots’ list Womens Adam Butler Jersey , there are no surprises on Los Angeles’.

Share: