who went undrafted out of NCAA Division II Minnesota State | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 17 '19
CINCINNATI -- As a redshirt freshman at Texas A&M, tackle Cedric Ogbuehi got to block Von Miller during practice. Cheap NBA Jerseys .He remembers how it turned out.I mean, it didnt go well then, the Bengals right tackle said on Wednesday. I was an 18-year-old kid, he was a top five (draft) pick. So it didnt go well then.Much of the focus on Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium will be on how well it goes now.Ogbuehi will wind up blocking the Broncos Super Bowl MVP in only his third NFL start at tackle. The Bengals (1-1) have struggled to protect Andy Dalton and to run the ball during a win at the Jets and a loss in Pittsburgh to open the season.Up next is their home opener against one of the leagues top defenses and one of its best defensive players.Hes a game changer, said Ogbuehi, who was taken 15th overall in the 2015 draft. Hes probably the best player right now. Its exciting for me, a great test to see where Im at. So Im really excited for it. That is why they drafted me, to block guys like him.Miller remembers him well. At Texas A&M, he nicknamed him DBrickashaw after the Jets tackle DBrickashaw Ferguson.I told him everything I know, Miller said during a conference call on Wednesday. I gave him all my secrets to my trade, so hopefully he forgot a little bit and Ill be able to get after him this weekend.Ogbuehi was still recovering from knee surgery when the Bengals drafted him, expecting him to be ready to start this season. Hes not only learning to play the position in the NFL, but also getting back into playing shape after missing so much time.Andre Smith was the right tackle last Dec. 28 when the Bengals went to Denver (2-0) and lost in overtime 20-17. The Bengals contained Miller, who had three tackles and no sacks.Now its Ogbuehis turn to try to block one of the best. Left tackle Andrew Whitworth compared it to his 2006 rookie season when he had to block the Colts Dwight Freeney.I think with a guy like Von, theres going to be some survival mode, Whitworth said. Any offensive lineman knows exactly what Im talking about. Theres a survival mode. You get out there and you just survive, you do whatever it takes, you fight and claw and do whatever you have to win. And it doesnt have to be pretty.Ogbuehi was reminded of what its like while watching video of the Broncos 34-20 win over the Colts on Sunday. Miller had three sacks, including one where he forced Andrew Luck to fumble . The Broncos returned it for the clinching touchdown.That one time, Ogbuehi said. You can block him every play, and then give up one sack for the win.Game notes TE Tyler Eifert participated in practice on a limited basis for the first time since offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left ankle. ... WR A.J. Green was excused from practice to be with his wife as she gives birth. Dalton had a full practice despite a sore hip. ... TE C.J. Uzomah missed practice with sore ribs. ... The Bengals announced that the home opener had sold out. ... Bengals players are subject to fines when they show up late for a meeting, so LB Rey Maualuga couldnt resist when Marvin Lewis showed up late on Wednesday for a flag presentation to an Ohio organization. By the way, you were 7 minutes late, Maualuga told the head coach. To which Lewis responded: I could just take it (the fine) out of his pile.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL China NFL Jerseys . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Cheap NHL Jerseys . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. https://www.cheapnfljerseysjustwholesale.com/ .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. MINNEAPOLIS -- Carson Palmer, still in full pads and uniform, sat motionless in front of his cubicle deep inside Minnesotas stadium long after another disheartening defeat.The Arizona Cardinals, coming off an NFC runner-up finish with all kinds of star power on both sides of the ball, have stunned themselves with their underperformance in this steadily spoiling season.Xavier Rhodes took back one of his two interceptions 100 yards for a touchdown and Cordarrelle Patterson returned the second-half kickoff 104 yards for a score for the Vikings in a 30-24 victory over the Cardinals on Sunday that stopped their four-game losing streak.We have some situations where we made it a lot tougher on ourselves, said Larry Fitzgerald, the Minneapolis native who fell to 0-5 in his hometown. The mindset is not going to change. Were still in the thick of it.The schedule isnt going to get easier. The Cardinals (4-5-1) have four road games remaining.Palmer, who passed for 198 yards and two scores, was off the mark for much of the afternoon and had no time to find anyone on the final two possessions. The Vikings sacked him four times and the Cardinals netted only 27 yards after halftime.Youre on the road in a tough environment, Palmer said, and this one we really wanted, really needed.The Vikings (6-4) faced the same urgency, though. They held onto their first-place tie with Detroit in the NFC North, with a rematch against the Lions looming in four days. After scoring twice each on defense and special teams during their NFL-best 5-0 start, the Vikings failed to produce a return touchdown over their last four games until this breakthrough.The Cardinals climbed within six with David Johnsons third-down catch with 7:24 remaining. The Vikings revved up their pass rush, though, and sealed the critical victory.I dont know if its an exhale. It definitely gives you a little bit of confidence, gets things back feeling normal a little bit, defensive end Brian Robison said. We needed that one.Takeaways from the game:DUAL-THREAT DAVID: The Vikings have been vulnerable against versatile running backs, and Johnson is as good as they get. He rushed for 103 yards and a score and tacked on 57 yards and a touchdown receiving, giving him 10 straight games with 100-plus yards from scrimmage.Johnson was resting on the sideline in favor of Andre Ellington during the drive late in the second quarter that ended with the end-zone interception by Rhodes.He had just had two long drives, coach Bruce Arians said. Andre needs to play too.ABOUT THAT INTERCEPTION: The Cardinals argued to no avail that John Brown was being held bby Captain Munnerlyn before Rhodes picked off Palmer . NFL Jerseys Sale. Brown said Palmer made a great throw that he wouldve caught without the contact, but he had barely turned around when the ball was in the air.Im sure well turn that into the league, Palmer said, and Im sure theyll come back and say it was holding.While Arians was not in the mood to discuss the officiating at all after the game, his son Jake -- who kicked for the Buffalo Bills in 2001 -- sent out a tweet with an obscenity directed at the NFL and its officials.SPECIAL PERFORMANCE: In addition to the touchdown from Patterson , the fifth of his career to match Percy Harvin for most in team history, the Vikings also benefited from a 72-yard punt from Jeff Locke that pinned the Cardinals at their 13 with 2:20 left, a 23-yard punt return by Marcus Sherels that set up their first touchdown and three extra points and a 27-yard field goal from new kicker Kai Forbath.That was enough to render moot a blocked extra point.Pattersons celebration wasnt quite as smooth as his return. He accidentally knocked a fans drink over in the process of jumping into the seats.Im going have to owe that person, Patterson said. So if he finds me, just let me know. Two beers next time I see him.The Vikings are the first team since the 1962 Dallas Cowboys to have a 100-yard interception return touchdown and a 100-plus yard kickoff return touchdown in the same game. The Cowboys Amos Marsh had a 101-yard kickoff return touchdown and Mike Gaechter had a 100-yard interception return touchdown in Dallas 41-19 win over Philadelphia.MORE THAN A THIELEN: Sam Bradford went 20 for 28 for 169 yards and no interceptions for the Vikings, with a touchdown pass on their first drive to Adam Thielen that was originally ruled incomplete but overturned when the Vikings successfully challenged that he landed both feet in bounds.With Patrick Peterson following Stefon Diggs, holding him to 35 yards on five catches, Thielen and Patterson became the go-to targets for Bradford. Thielen, who went undrafted out of NCAA Division II Minnesota State, has become a sure-handed safety blanket in Bradfords first season with the Vikings with 518 yards and three scores. Asked if hed heard of Thielen before arriving in Minnesota, Bradford blushed.Can I choose not to answer that one? he said, smiling.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP ' ' '
Share: