Im not going to get into our specific | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 27 '17
CALGARY -- Mark Giordano returned from a broken ankle Wednesday night and, just like they had been doing before he got injured, the Calgary Flames got right back to winning. Gerald Everett Jersey . In the captains first game back after missing 18 games, Giordano scored a goal and added an assist in the Flames 4-1 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes. "For me, personally, to get back in, it was a great feeling," said Giordano, who proudly wore the Flames fire hat after the game, emblematic of being the teams choice of player of the game. "I felt pretty good. Your adrenaline gets going pretty quick and I really didnt feel my ankle at all tonight so thats a great sign." Giordanos goal was a big one, extending the Flames lead to 3-1 at 11:46 of the second period. On the power play, Giordanos shot from the blue-line changed direction off the stick of Antoine Vermette and eluded goaltender Thomas Greiss. "Scoring always feels great. Obviously, that one was a bit lucky, going off the stick, but it was a great feeling and I felt after that for the rest of the game, we played pretty solid," said Giordano, who has 11 points in nine games, just four back of his point total in 47 games last year. Giordano sustained the injury Oct. 21 in a win in Los Angeles. At the time, the Flames were 4-2-2. While he was absent, the club struggled going just 5-11-2. "Obviously its a big deal to get your captain back. Hes our leader on and off the ice," said Flames goaltender Karri Ramo. "Hes been around us the whole time hes been hurt and trying to help the team any way he can, so it was really good to see him out there." TJ Brodie, Mikael Backlund and Lee Stempniak also scored for Calgary (10-13-4). The Flames have won consecutive games for the first time since Oct. 9 and 11 and won on home ice for just the second time in their last nine tries (2-5-2). Keith Yandle scored the lone goal for Phoenix (16-8-4), who had won 6-2 in Edmonton on Tuesday night. The Coyotes have split the opening two games of their four-game road trip, which continues Friday night in Vancouver. "Got unlucky with a goal at the end of the first period that probably gave them some momentum and we couldnt get it back," said Phoenix coach Dave Tippett. "We had lots of pucks around the net, lots of opportunities, thats the way it goes sometimes." Trailing 1-0, the Flames got an important goal with eight seconds left in the first period when Brodies shot deflected in off Phoenix defenceman David Schlemko for his career-high third goal. "That one hit me twice, once in my foot, once in my rear-end and then it goes top shelf," Schlemko said. "Kind of an unlucky way to end the first period." The goal sent Calgary to the dressing room even despite being outshot 11-3. Building off that momentum, the Flames played a much better second period, taking the lead at 5:48 when Backlund scored to end an 18-game scoreless drought. "We came in here, we know we didnt have our best first, they sort of took it to us for the first half. But those late goals, they usually are momentum swings and we did a great job of carrying it over into the second," Giordano said. Up 3-1 heading to the third period, Calgary got insurance at 2:44 in the form of their league-leading sixth short-handed goal. Matt Stajan neatly set up Stempniak on a two-on-one. "I think we dominated that first period so kind of unlucky to come out tied 1-1 but at the same time, you have to come out in the second with a little more jump, we knew they were going to push back and weve got to do a better job there," said Yandle. The benefactor of all the offence was Ramo. Making his second consecutive start after stopping 21-of-22 shots to beat Los Angeles on the weekend, the 27-year-old Finn was excellent again with 29 saves to improve to 4-4-1. "It was a while that I didnt see a game but you just have to take it game by game and dont think about the situation too much and whats going to happen," Ramo said. "You just have to play the game and enjoy it." In the pivotal second period when Calgary bolted into the lead, Ramo had a pair of solid glove saves -- first denying Vermette, and in the final minute robbing Mikael Boedker. With Mike Smith getting the night off, Greiss made his fourth start. He had 14 saves to fall to 3-2-0. Notes: Giordano logged 20:28 in ice time and was credited with three blocked shots... Phoenix fell to 12-2-1 when they score first ... The Flames won by more than one goal for just the second time. They entered the night 1-9-0 in goals decided by two or more goals ... Calgary was coming off its fifth break of three or more days. Excluding the Olympic break, they have just two more breaks of that length the rest of the season ... Phoenixs Radim Vrbata saw his five-game points streak come to an end." Eric Dickerson Jersey . Hughes, 30, is a former Major Leaguer with the Baltimore Orioles, having played in 14 games with the Os in 2010. He played with Class AA Binghamton of the Eastern League in the New York Mets system last season. Jack Youngblood Jersey . -- Jose Bautista never worries about hitting homers during the regular season.MILWAUKEE -- Ryan Braun ended his silence Wednesday, speaking to the media for the first time since accepting a season-ending, 65-game suspension for violating Major League Baseballs anti-drug agreement. Braun was taking part in a holiday food drive at Miller Park and said he was "deeply remorseful" for his actions but declined to offer specific answers to most questions. "The goal for me is just being able to move forward," Braun said. "I wish that I could go back and change things but I dont have that opportunity to do that, so Im just going to do everything in my power to move forward." Braun was the first star to be suspended as part of the doping scandal surrounding the now-closed Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic in Florida. The five-time All-Star tested positive for elevated testosterone in October of his 2011 NL MVP season, but his 50-game suspension was overturned when an arbitrator ruled the urine sample was mishandled. All along, Braun maintained his innocence and heavy criticism fell on the urine sample collector, Dino Laurenzi Jr. Braun said he reached out to Laurenzi and the two are moving forward. "I have not made any payments to him," Braun said. "Ive had some really productive and positive conversations with him. The Laurenzi family was actually gracious and kind enough to have my fiancee Larisa and I over to their house for dinner last night, and we had some really good conversation. Weve made amends and I think were both excited to be able to move forward and put this behind us." Braun had earlier called baseballs joint drug agreement, calling it "fatally flawed" and suggesting players are "100 per cent guilty until proven innocent." "We won because the truth is on my side," he said at the time. "I wish that I hadnt done the press conference," Braun said Wednesday. "It was a big mistake. I deeply regret having done it, and a lot of the things that I said that day." Braun has returned to Miller Park on a few occasions, personally called some Brewers season ticket holders and met with a local charity. Until Wednesday, he had not taken questions about the scandal. "Because it was an ongoing investigation I wasnt allowed to say very much at that time," Braun said. Michael Brockers Jersey. "Basically based on what I had learned from both Major League Baseball and the players association, it wasnt in anybodys best interest for me to make any statements at that time. It wasnt about waiting or anything like that. Ive been here a few times but I think this is the first time that everybodys been aware that Im here." In seven seasons, Braun established himself as one of the games brightest young stars and appeared in five consecutive All-Star games from 2008-12. He also became the face of the small-market Milwaukee franchise, earning a seven-year, $105 million contract extension that keeps him with the Brewers through the 2020 season. Owner Mark Attanasio said at one point that Braun would someday have a statue outside of Miller Park. When Braun was suspended, Attanasio expressed his disappointment but vowed that the organization would stand behind the player. Since the suspension, there has been speculation that the Brewers might trade Braun, including a report last week that the Mets were exploring a possible deal. Braun made it clear that he hopes to remain in Milwaukee. "Absolutely I want to stay here," Braun said. "I made the long-term commitment because the city has been amazing to me, the fans have been amazing to me, the organization has been incredibly supportive of me, and I fully intend to stay here. Its flattering that people would be interested. I actually had dinner with (general manager) Doug Melvin, (Brewers manager) Ron (Roenicke) and Mark Attanasio this week. Ive seen Mark a lot, and I dont think theres any truth to those rumours. My goal and attention is to say here." As for repairing relationships, Braun said he has sent commissioner Bud Selig a letter. He didnt get into specifics about his relationship with injured Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers, who expressed disappointment after Braun admitted to doping. "Im not going to get into our specific relationship other than to say that he had been a great friend of mine for a long time," he said. "Hes a great person, and I hope he gets back on the field soon so he can help those guys win." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: