ur most underratedur most underrated | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 18 '19
Hopes of establishing a more globally-aligned season have receded after the Rugby Football Union indicated it would be unwilling to move the RBS 6 Nations or autumn schedule. Custom Nike Boston Red Sox Jerseys .New World Rugby chairman Bill Beaumont aims to synchronise the northern and southern hemisphere calendars, insisting that to make room the Six Nations may have to be staged in April.His plans have already hit a major stumbling block, however, after RFU chief executive Ian Ritchie hinted that Twickenham would oppose any changes to the bulwarks of the international season in Europe.If the Six Nations and November series are to remain in their current slots, only the June tours would be left for negotiation.The Six Nations, as far as the date in the calendar is concerned, works well, Ritchie told BBC Radio 4. As far as were concerned we have a great TV deal and we have stadia that are filled for every game. Why would you want to change something that works really well? So I cant see there being any significant move in that.And I think as well that the autumn internationals work terribly well for us as well. Its early days yet, but its going to be an interesting few months on the global calendar discussions.The current agreement over international fixtures expires after the 2019 World Cup and the current stance of the sports richest union points to few changes being made to the existing schedule.Adding to the gloom gathering over plans to harmonise the hemispheres is the new £200million deal that extends until 2024 agreed on Monday by the RFU and the Aviva Premiership clubs.There have been a number of preliminary discussions about the global season. Weve obviously had some talks about how we see the English situation and its early days, Ritchie said. Its a priority moving on. Youve always got to have some elements of flexibility in an eight-year deal. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys Black Friday . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. Custom Nike Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. https:///...d-athletics-jerseys/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. OMAHA, Neb. -- Katie Ledeckys schedule in Rio is all set. The teenager will go for gold in three individual events after closing her U.S. swimming trials with another dominating performance.The only blemish on her week came in the 100-meter freestyle, where she finished seventh.Shell swim the 200, 400 and 800 freestyles in Rio, taking aim at becoming the first woman since American Debbie Meyers at the 1968 Mexico City Games to sweep those events.Also in Ledeckys sights is Australian Shane Gould, who won three events all in world-record time at the 1972 Munich Games, including the 200 and 400 free.Im just focused on my own goals, Ledecky said Saturday night. Anybody elses expectations dont mean that much to me.Ledecky won the 800 free in 8 minutes, 10.32 seconds, well off her own world record of 8:06.68 set in January at a meet in Austin, Texas. Still, the 19-year-old from Bethesda, Maryland, won the final by nearly 10 sseconds. Custom Nike New York Yankees Jerseys. I was 8:19 here at trials in 2012, so definitely have improved a lot since then, she said.Four years ago, Ledecky was the surprise winner of the 800 free in London, where she was the youngest member of the U.S. swimming team. Now, shell be the heavy favorite to defend her title and add two more, plus shell be on at least one relay.Away from the pool, Ledecky wants to participate in the Olympic tradition of pin trading.I did one or two last time, but it would be cool to rack up a little collection, she said.Ledecky is already looking ahead to the 100 free in 2020, which should scare the competition.Getting seventh here will be motivation for four years when the 100 will more likely be a target and something I might consider focusing a little more on in the future, she said. ' ' ' 
Share: