dd over Arsendd over Arsen | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 12 '19
TORONTO -- Brett Lawrie has apologized to the Blue Jays after an angry dugout exchange with manager John Gibbons. Chicago Cubs Pro Shop . Lawrie was fired up after teammate Adam Lind was held by third base coach Luis Rivera on Lawries fly ball during the ninth inning of Sundays 6-5 victory over the Baltimore Orioles. When he returned to the dugout, Lawrie and Gibbons yelled at each other as Jose Bautista stepped in to talk down the third baseman from Langley, B.C. The argument became a moot point shortly after when Munenori Kawasaki hit a two-run double to win the game for Toronto. Lawrie declined to speak to media before Mondays game against the Atlanta Braves, but he addressed his teammates privately. Gibbons said hed spoken to Lawrie and considered the matter settled. "Its over with. We dealt with it. Weve just moved on," said Gibbons. Bautista also tried to downplay the exchange, and repeated he believed Lawrie had been confused by what was happening on the field. "Everyone noticed his reaction was not the best," said Bautista. "But I talked to him and I understood that he got confused a little bit. Caught up in the moment, thats it. Its in the past. It got addressed. Shouldnt be any problem moving forward." Lind, not known for his speed, said hed already made his mind up to stop at third. "Thank God I didnt go, Id probably have been out." "I know (Lawrie) wants the RBI," added Lind. "He wants to drive in runs to help his team win ballgames. Sometimes the smart thing to do is be conservative, especially when youre behind." Lawrie, who is batting .199 with five homers and 14 RBI in 36 games, is known for his fiery temper and all-out style of play that has sometimes gotten him into trouble since making his major-league debut with the Blue Jays in 2011. "His intensity is what makes him good. So I dont think that he should not play with intensity or dial it down," said Bautista. The Blue Jays announced that Lawrie was day-to-day with a leg injury after stealing second base in the sixth inning of Mondays game against the Atlanta Braves. Mark DeRosa pinch ran for Lawrie after the third baseman advanced to third on Emilio Bonifacios ground out. It was an eventful series for Lawrie. The 23-year-old was also ejected from Fridays game following a strikeout when he dumped his helmet and tossed his batting gloves in a manner that umpire Dan Bellino took offence to. Gibbons was also ejected for coming to Lawries defence. On Monday, Gibbons reiterated he didnt think his argument with Lawrie was a big deal. "I like Brett. Im glad we have him," said Gibbons. "I think hes going to be a good player, a real good player for a lot of years. It just blew up on him yesterday but its over with as far as Im concerned." Chicago Cubs Gear . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Fake Cubs Jerseys . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. https://www.cheapcubs.com/ . JOHNS, N.LONDON -- The Premier League says Aston Villas stadium will host the playoff for third place between Arsenal and Chelsea if they finish level on points, goal difference and goals scored. The match at Villa Park would take place on May 26, the day after the Champions League final in London and a week after the last round of matches in the Premier League. Chelsea has a two-point leadd over Arsenal going into their final games on Sunday. Cubs Jerseys 2020. But if Chelsea draws against Everton, Arsenal can finish tied in the standings by beating Newcastle by a single goal while scoring two more than Chelsea. Finishing in third place advances a team into the group stage of the Champions League. The fourth-place finisher must go through a qualifying round. ' ' ' 
Share: