s is hitting .369 (24 of 65) with 13 RBIs in 21 games in Js is hitting .369 (24 of 65) with 13 RBIs in 21 games in J | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 9 '19
NEW YORK -- Ana Ivanovic is searching for answers after another disappointing performance in the U. Milwaukee Brewers Shirts .S. Open.Ivanovic was eliminated in the first round for the second straight year when she had seven double-faults and 41 unforced errors Tuesday in a 7-6 (4), 6-1 loss to 89th-ranked Denisa Allertova of the Czech Republic.Ivanovic made it to the U.S. Open quarterfinals in 2012, but it has been a steady decline since then at Flushing Meadows. She made it to the fourth round in 2013 and lost in the second round two years ago.I feel like I have been putting a lot of work on the court and in the gym over the year, she said. Its been very frustrating not getting anything in return, because I really feel like I invested my heart and also the work.Ivanovic, who turns 29 in November, said shes not considering retirement. She married German soccer star Bastian Schweinsteiger this summer, and he will play his last match for the national team on Wednesday.No, not at all, she said. I just need to really see why is this happening.The former world No. 1 and 2008 French Open champion served for the first set against Allertova at 6-5, but was unable to close it out and faltered in the tiebreaker.Ivanovic said the difference in the tiebreaker was probably her confidence.I had that set point, you know, and I went for my big forehand and it was quite a bad miss because I was a little bit in two minds what to do with it, the Serbian player said.In the second set, her strategy of pulling back on big shots backfired.I tried to go less for it because I tried to make less errors, she said. Basically, I ended up making more.Ivanovic has been bothered by a wrist injury this year. She entered the U.S. Open ranked No. 31.The 23-year-old Allertova turned around the first set after dropping four of the first six games.I handled her serve well, Allertova said. I tried to focus on every point because I know shes a great player.Allertova improved to 7-1 in first-round matches in majors. She joins her boyfriend Jan Satral in the second round; he defeated American Mackenzie McDonald in five sets on Monday. Stitched Brewers Jerseys . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. Milwaukee Brewers Store . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/ . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes.MIAMI -- John Buck was one of three Mets who failed to come through with a runner on third base in the eighth -- an inning punctuated by Marlins reliever Chad Qualls tumble that had his teammates laughing. Buck didnt miss on his next chance, and no one was smiling in the Miami dugout. The Mets catcher hit a tiebreaking two-run single with the bases loaded in the 10th inning, lifting New York to a 4-2 victory Tuesday night. "When I came up I kind of had a similar situation with (Steve) Cishek, who is more funky, I said all right, just stick with that approach," Buck said. "He left it over the plate and I got the results I wanted this time." The Mets threatened in the eighth when Marlon Byrd led off with a triple but Qualls struck out Ike Davis, got Buck to ground out and, two batters later, struck out Omar Quintanilla to end the inning. Leaving the mound after the strike-three call against Quintanilla, Qualls punched the air in celebration as he headed toward the Marlins dugout. But as he threw the punch, he snagged his right cleat in the infield grass, his own forward momentum sending him tumbling to the ground. Qualls appeared uninjured. He bounced up quickly and continued to the dugout, where he covered his face in a towel and laughed with teammates. "As soon as I saw the fist pump I put my head down," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "Thats one of those if you win that game, you can watch it. But since we lost its not quite as funny." Zack Wheeler took a no-hitter into the seventh inning and Juan Lagares had three hits and two RBIs for the Mets. Donovan Solano and Jake Marisnick had consecutive RBI singles after Ed Lucas got Miamis first hit with one out in the seventh to tie it 2-all. "I did get a little rushed after that," Wheeler said. "I probably let down my guard just a little bit, but its a learning experience." Wheeler allowed two runs and three hits in seven innings. He struck out five and walked three while throwing 64 of his 87 pitches for strikes. "That might have been as dominant of a performance through six innings that Ive seen all year from anybody," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Scott Atchison (1-0) pitched a scoreless ninth to earn the victory and Bobby Parnell pitched the 10th for his 22nd save in 26 opportunities. Brewers Jerseys 2020. Cishek (3-6) allowed two runs and three hits in two innings. Cishek retired the Mets in order in the ninth before allowing back-to-back singles by David Wright and Marlon Byrd to begin the 10th. Cishek then walked Davis to load the bases for Buck, who drove in Wright and Byrd with a base hit up the middle for a 4-2 lead. Parnell walked one in the ninth before earning his second save in two days. Wheeler, a 23-year old rookie making his eighth major league start, retired the first 11 batters he faced before walking Giancarlo Stanton in the fourth. "I felt smooth throughout my mechanics, my rhythm was good, good tempo in between pitches, everything was just clicking well and I was hitting my spots," Wheeler said. "I did get away with a few mistakes tonight, but it happens. Sometimes you get away with them and sometimes you dont. Tonight was just one of those nights." After a walk to Logan Morrison, Lucas broke up Wheelers no-hit bid with a hard-hit one-out single to right in the seventh. Solano and Marisnick each singled in a run to tie it 2-2. "I was just trying to put a good swing on a fastball," Lucas said. "He was pretty overpowering up to that point. I wasnt trying to do too much. I wasnt trying to hit a home run or anything. I was just trying to get on base." Wheeler got Jeff Mathis to bounce into a double play to get out of the jam ending his night. Wright led off the fourth with a double and Buck walked with two outs before Lagares tripled to right-centre field to give the Mets a 2-0 lead. Marlins starter Nathan Eovaldi allowed two runs, four hits, and five walks in six innings. He struck out four. "It was rough tonight," Eovaldi said. "I have to work ahead. My fastball command wasnt there. I was off the plate, just a rough one." NOTES: Lagares is hitting .369 (24 of 65) with 13 RBIs in 21 games in July. ... Marlins LF Christian Yelich went 0-for-4 batting lead-off for the first time and is hitless in his last 15 at-bats. ... Miami reliever Steve Ames made his major league debut in the seventh. ... RHP Henderson Alvarez (1-1, 2.64 ERA) will start Wednesdays game for the Marlins against Mets RHP Jenrry Mejia (1-0, 0.00 ERA). ' ' ' 
Share: