I just couldnt get any I just couldnt get any | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 9 '19
ATLANTA -- Interim Braves manager Brian Snitker had to sweat out the ninth inning more than he wanted to. Boston Red Sox Gear .Even so, he was pleased to see Mauricio Cabrera, the seventh Atlanta pitcher, earn his first career save.It was too eventful for me there at the end, Snitker said, but we won the game.Pinch-hitter Brandon Snyder had two RBI in a four-run sixth inning and the Braves rallied for an 8-5 victory over the Miami Marlins on Thursday night.Miami, which began the day a half-game ahead of two teams in the NL wild-card race, has allowed 25 runs and scored just 13 runs off 37 hits in losing its last three games. The Marlins dropped to 2-7 against Atlanta this year.The Braves improved to just 12-32 at Turner Field. They have the NLs worst overall record, the majors worst home record and the least productive offense in the big leagues, but they took a 6-3 lead in the sixth.Jeff Francoeurs double chased Marlins starter Wei-Yin Chen, and Mike Dunn gave up Erick Aybars RBI infield single, Snyders two-run go-ahead triple and Chase dArnauds RBI single.Chen (4-3) allowed eight hits, four runs, two walks and struck out two in 5 1/3 innings. The left-hander has a 7.27 ERA over his last five starts.Tyler Flowers RBI double in the seventh pushed the lead to 7-3. Ichiro Suzukis pinch-hit sacrifice fly in the eighth made it 7-4, and dArnauds RBI double in the eighth put Atlanta up 8-4.After Arodys Vizcaino issued a pair of two-out walks in the ninth, Flowers was ejected by home plate umpire Larry Vanover for arguing balls and strikes and was replaced by A.J. Pierzynski.Adeiny Hechavarrias RBI single chased Vizcaino -- the Atlanta closer pitching in a non-save situation -- and Cabrera retired pinch-hitter Cole Gillespie on a flyout for his first career save.What I saw it wasnt a very good zone all night, Flowers said. Finally the situation gets tight there at the end and I thought it was a blatant strike. So it comes a point where you have to do something. Its better me than a pitcher getting ejected.Dario Alvarez (2-1) earned the win after walking one, striking out one and throwing a wild pitch in two-thirds of the sixth.The Marlins went ahead 3-0 in the second on Justin Bours 15th homer, a three-run shot off Braves starter Mike Foltynewicz.Hes been swinging the bat good, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. Thats the issue for us. Weve been able to put up a lot of hits. We just havent been able to put up a lot of runs. Hes a guy that can do that.Following a 1-hour, 8-minute rain delay in the third, the Braves cut the lead to 3-2 on Freddie Freemans RBI triple and Nick Markakis RBI single.Tyrell Jenkins, the second Atlanta pitcher, walked the bases loaded but struck out J.T. Realmuto to keep the Marlins scoreless in the fifth.Foltynewicz, in his first start since May 30 after going on the disabled list with right elbow soreness, gave up two hits, two walks, three runs -- two earned -- and struck out two in three innings.RODNEY ON THE WAYMattingly will wait until Friday to announce how he will use newly acquired closer Fernando Rodney.Making a push to stay near the top of the NL wild-card race, the Marlins traded a minor league pitcher to get Rodney from San Diego.Current Marlins closer A.J. Ramos has converted straight 33 saves opportunities since last season, but Mattingly wouldnt say for sure who will have the role.Rodney, whose 253 career saves are fifth-most among active pitchers, is expected to join the team Friday.PAIRING TOP PROSPECTSBraves 2B Ozzie Albies has been demoted to Double-A Mississippi from Triple-A Gwinnett, where he will play alongside SS Dansby Swanson.General manager John Coppolella gave no timetable for their arrival in Atlanta, but this year hasnt been ruled out. The team also might wait until it moves into a new suburban ballpark next year.Swanson is Atlantas top prospect and was baseballs No. 1 overall draft pick last year. Albies ranks among the 25 top overall prospects. Both began their professional career as shortstops. Albies made the switch to second base this year at Gwinnett.Albies batted .248 in 56 games at Triple-A after hitting .369 in 22 games at Double-A to open the season.TRADE AND SIGNAtlanta dealt RHP Bud Norris, its No. 2 starter, to the Los Angeles Dodgers for two prospects. The Braves also signed veteran utility man Omar Infante to a minor league contract. Infante, 34, will be assigned to Class A Danville next week.UP NEXTMarlins: LHP Justin Nicolino (2-4, 5.17) will be called up from Triple-A New Orleans to start Friday night. He was demoted after allowing five runs over 4 2/3 innings June 15 against San Diego.Braves: RHP Julio Teheran (3-7) has a 2.46 ERA, seventh-best in the NL. He is 5-3 with a 2.87 ERA in 13 career starts against the Marlins. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. Custom Boston Red Sox Jerseys . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. https://www.cheapredsox.com/ . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Laura Trott is on track to win her fourth Olympic gold after taking an overnight lead in the womens omnium in Rio.Mark Cavendish claimed silver?in the mens omnium to take Britains tally to four golds and three silvers from six events entered in the velodrome. Britain did not qualify for the seventh, the womens team sprint.More could follow on Tuesdays final day on the track, with Jason Kenny and Callum Skinner in the mens Keirin, and Becky James and Katy Marchant in the womens sprint quarterfinals.Trott, world champion and London 2012 gold medallist in the event, is the best prospect of the lot, having won two of the first three disciplines of the omnium. She was second in the other.The 24-year-old was second in the opening scratch race and won the individual pursuit and elimination race -- a discipline which has become her trademark -- to lead on 118 points.Belgiums Jolien Dhoore was second on 110pts and Sarah Hammer of the United States third on 108.British Cycling head coach Iain Dyer said: Once again, confidence has got to be sky high. Who wouldnt want to go into day two of an omnium with a lead like that?Shes queen of the elimination once again. Its an event she loves and everyone else ducks for cover and needs a lie down in a dark room afterwards.Shes clearly in super form, it sets her up well for day two.Keenny, Trotts fiance, goes for a sixth Olympic gold in the Keirin, which begins behind a motorpacing Derny bike, having won his fifth in the mens sprint on Sunday. Boston Red Sox Shirts. Kenny and Skinner also won the team sprint last Thursday.James and Marchant completed their days work by progressing to Tuesdays womens sprint quarterfinals at the first attempt.James beat Virginie Cueff of France in her second-round contest and Marchant defeated Germanys Miriam Welte. Defending champion Anna Meares of Australia is out. Meares, who beat Victoria Pendleton in the final four years ago, was beaten by Lee Wai Sze of Hong Kong and then knocked out in the repechage.James will meet Chinas Zhong Tianshi in the best-of-three quarterfinals and Marchant is up against experienced Lithuanian Simona Krupeckaite.Meares afterwards said she would take time to consider her future. The perfectionist within me makes it hard to comprehend this result, Meares, 32, said.For the first time in 22 years, I just couldnt get anything more out. I want to give myself the opportunity to be removed from this environment. I promised myself some time to comprehend everything and make a decision. I just wanted to get here and race. ' ' ' 
Share: