I’m definitely feeling it | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xiaolan
xiaolan Dec 26 '17
It took Steven Gerrard five months to accept the end of his time at LA Galaxy was also the conclusion of his 19-year career as a professional footballer. The void will never be filled completely but the addiction continues and must be satisfied. That is why, despite feeling he has aged considerably during six months in charge of Liverpool Under-18s, nothing has doused his ambition to descend into “the madness” of top-level management. Men's Adidas Buffalo Sabres #7 Rick Martin Premier Green Salute to Service NHL JerseyThe cravings clearly remain in the 37-year-old as he laments the absence of training from his Christmas Day routine. “I actually miss it,” he says, sipping an orange juice on a miserable December day at Liverpool’s academy in Kirkby. “It only used to be an hour and I only like Christmas Eve anyway. The Santiago Casilla Jersey rest is too long. I’d hate it if there was no football now for a few weeks.” What is also clear is that Gerrard’s appointment as under-18s manager came without privileges. The job is not about Liverpool indulging their illustrious former captain but, with Jürgen Klopp’s instruction, ensuring he has the best possible grounding before returning to the spotlight as a manager, wherever that may be. It has been a challenging, rewarding Jason Kasdorf Youth jersey introduction. Majestic Matt Carpenter Authentic Men's Jersey - MLB St. Louis Cardinals #13 Cream USA Flag Fashion “I’m definitely feeling it,” Gerrard says. “I’ve aged about two years in six months. Jürgen’s advice when I came back was: ‘I only want you to shadow for a short time because you need to have a couple of years of making mistakes, of picking your own team, of deciding tactics. You need to find your philosophy, a way of playing, you need to deal with individual problems, you need to praise individuals, help individuals, you need to feel disappointment and setbacks and then after a couple of years you’ll know if this gig is for you.’ He painted a real picture of how it is. “For the last five months I’ve felt all the highs and lows and experienced all the daily stuff that managers deal with, Authentic Jonathan Lucroy Jersey albeit at youth-team level. It will definitely prepare me for wherever I end up. It is http://www.officialindianstore.com/Trevor_Bauer_Jersey not scaring me or putting me off. I know the further I go there is more scrutiny, more attention, more opinions, more criticism, more praise. I get all that. For me it was important to get a taste of it away from the cameras and experience all these things before you go into the madness.” The latest chapter in Gerrard’s Liverpool career consumes him, just like the http://www.authenticjetshockeyshop.com/-13-teemu-selanne-jersey_c-458.html one before. He works six days a week at the academy – “I had to show the players my work ethic was right and get their trust,” he explains – and the demands have been an eye-opening experience. Top of that list is, he says: “The hours you have to put in.” Gerrard explains: “As a player I could switch off when the game was done. That is very difficult as a coach. That has been the main difference. Now after a game I’m thinking what went well, what didn’t go well, what individuals do I need to work on this week, who do I need to praise, who do I need to speak to, who’s been http://www.saintsofficialonlineshop.com/SUPER-BOWL-STEPHONE-ANTHONY-JERSEY naughty at school? Having to handle that side of it has been very different for me, not that I was an angel at school, but we have a guy here, Phil Roscoe, Christine Michael Sr Womens Jersey who works on the education and welfare side of things and he is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I would be lost if I didn’t have Phil’s help and support. The staff have been a huge help. There is a lot more to it than you think when you’re a player. I have more respect for coaches and managers now even though as a player I always respected the ones I worked with. I didn’t realise how much was involved in their roles until I tried it myself.” Gerrard also manages the under-19s in the Uefa Youth League where, in both matches against Spartak Moscow this season, he had to deal with Liverpool players being racially abused; Bobby Adekanye in Moscow, Rhian Brewster in the return at Prenton Park. “I’ve had experience in my playing career of team-mates being subjected to that abuse,” he says, “but when it is your player and you are leading the team it is a real eye-opener and a learning experience. I care for these kids, they are playing for my club, they are playing for my team. I need to show them support and I will do.” What Liverpool’s former midfielder does not show players is footage of himself in action. Gerrard is acutely aware of the pitfalls that can await top players who turn to management and discover, to their detriment, that the next generation are not up to their own exalted standards. He therefore made a conscious decision to separate Gerrard the Champions League-winning captain from Gerrard the fledgling coach. NFL Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Paypal Baseball Jerseys WholesaleNFL Jerseys Paypal Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NBA Jerseys
Share: