r conferences. Thr conferences. Th | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 29 '19
South Africas George Coetzee is hoping to defend his title as he targets a second consecutive win at the Tshwane Open at Pretoria Country Club this week. Adidas Superstar γυναικεια φθηνα . Coetzee is confident that playing on the course he grew up on gives him a great advantage to seal a fourth European Tour victory.The 29-year-old finished seventh in the Commercial Bank Quatar Masters two weeks ago, before a final-round 69 put him tied-26th at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic last week. George Coetzee won last years tournament by a single shot I know Im playing well, which only adds to the excitement of the tournament. Coetzee told the European Tour website. Ive struck the ball very well the last three weeks but mentally I havent been quite as sharp as I wouldve liked, maybe because I havent been used to posting really low scores for a while.Coetzee enjoyed a good run of form following an emotional victory at the Pretoria Country Club last year, going on to win his third European Tour event at the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open in May, and says his knowledge of the Pretoria Country Club may give him an advantage. Charl Schwartzel has finished in the top 10 in his last three European Tour events and is the top ranked player in the event Its where I grew up. I played my first event there so to win last year was a dream come true, Coetzee said. Its my home course and Ive got a lot of good memories, so I probably know the course better than anyone.Knowing the course gives me a bit of a head start on some of the guys, but the standard on the tour is so high, just knowing the place well isnt going to be enough.It is quite a thinkers course though, so the guys who have played it before do have a bit of an advantage. Haydn Porteous is one of three 2016 season European Tour winners playing in this event The biggest threats to Coetzee are in-form compatriots Charl Schwartzel, a 2011 Masters champion, and Haydn Porteous, who won his maiden Tour victory at the Joburg Open in January.Schwartzel has finished inside the top 10 in his past three European Tour events, but is yet to feature in a European Tour event in 2016.  Also competing are fellow South African Brandon Stone, who secured his first maiden victory at the BMW SA Open in January, and course record-holder Jacques Blaauw, who finished second in last years event. Watch the Tshwane Open live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Coverage starts on Thursday 11th February at 8.30am Also See: Tshwane Open 2015 EuropeanTour Schedule Watch online Golf live on Sky Sports 4 Adidas NMD R2 φθηνα . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Adidas Gazelle γυναικεια .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. http://www.nmdgreece.com/adidas-superstar-greece.html . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. (STATS) -- Theres always talk about whos in and whos out with the final at-large selections of the FCS playoff field each season.The NCAA committee delivered a message last November that its willing to reward playoff-level teams that face playoff-worthy schedules. After facing what was deemed the toughest schedule in the FCS, Western Illinois became the first six-win team (at 6-5) to receive an at-large selection to the 24-team field.Teams hiding behind soft schedules may want to think twice about what some of the Big Sky and Missouri Valley programs are doing this week. The two power conferences have three big matchups between nationally ranked teams -- No. 8 Eastern Washington at No. 1 North Dakota State, No. 14 Montana at No. 3 Northern Iowa, and No. 19 Northern Arizona at No. 18 Western Illinois.The Southern and Southland conferences also check in with a key intersectional game: Samford at Central Arkansas. The winner will get a long look from Top 25 voters.No team should be penalized for playing good people, winning or lose. To me, thats what its all about, I think its great, said Western Illinois first-year coach Charlie Fisher, the offensive coordinator on last years national semifinal Richmond team.You see the FBS teams going to this, where more teams are having to play higher-level teams. It makes it great for our fans, for opposing fans, and quite honestly, thats the way it ought to be. Thats what great leagues do, they play other great leagues and good teams. It creates a lot of excitement and you find out a lot about your team early on. Its no different in basketball -- teams that schedule hard get better and they have an opportunity to get in the tournament at the end.North Dakota State, which has won an NCAA-record five straight national titles, is helping to set the standard for non-conference schedules this season. The Bison have beaten No. 7 Charleston Southern, face another Top 10 team in Eastern Washington and visit Big Ten power Iowa in another week. All this on top of playing in a Missouri Valley Conference that is considered the best in the FCS.But Eastern Washington, Northern Iowa and Western Illinois -- all part of the fun on Saturday -- also are right there with tough schedules as is 2015 national runner-up Jacksonville State from the Ohio Valley Conference.National programs that have been slow too take on demanding non-conference schedules in recent years, such as James Madison from CAA Football and Youngstown State from the Missouri Valley, are probably going to have to change their way of thinking. Adidas Superstar ελλαδα. Second-year YSU coach Bo Pelini said he is looking for tougher games on future schedules, and JMU has a new coach in Mike Houston.An expansion of the regular season could impact scheduling. The NCAA proposal to allow FCS teams to play a permanent 12th game in the regular season, submitted by the Ohio Valley and Southland conferences, would likely cause top teams to try to schedule another tough game.The proposal has been submitted into the normal legislative cycle for the 2017 NCAA Convention in January, but it has drawn only lukewarm support across FCS conferences.If youre in an 11-game schedule, I think youre limited in what you can do with your non-conference schedule, Northern Iowa coach Mark Farley said. But with a 12-game, I think we all have our options (with) what fits our school best, whether we play a Division I (FBS), whether we get another home game. I think its based on financial choices as much as football choices. So thats what that 12th game allows us do.Our deal has always been we want to get into the NCAA playoffs. Thats (as) many Division I wins as you get, you want Division I wins, said Central Arkansas coach Steve Campbell, who felt his team was playoff-worthy last year, although its strength of schedule was not high enough.For the foreseeable future as far as our program is concerned, we have a lot of our FBS opponents and FCS opponents already mapped out for the next six to seven years. As it develops over the years, Im sure (a 12th game) will have some influence.With far fewer FCS schools in the western United States, Big Sky programs tend to take on riskier non-conference games than programs in many other conferences. The Missouri Valley isnt far behind in that regard. Hence, the trio of big matchups Saturday with another one -- Weber State at South Dakota -- kicking off first as kind of the undercard.A tough non-conference schedule, Fisher said, does allow your team to grow up in a hurry. ... Its a good challenge for us, a good early season challenge. ' ' ' 
Share: