, thats a big bat to have in the lineup," | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 25 '17
St. Kevin Greene Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - David Backes and Vladimir Tarasenko each posted a goal and an assist to give the St. Louis Blues a 4-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. Jaden Schwartz and Alexander Steen each scored a goal for the Blues, who have won five straight. Jake Allen allowed two goals on 15 shots. You dont want to give points away to teams that are behind you, especially when all the other teams keep winning, said St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock. You just dont want to start falling behind teams at this point. Benoit Pouliot scored twice for the Oilers, who have lost their past two. Ben Scrivens allowed four goals on 29 shots in the loss. Theyre one of the best teams in the league for a reason and you dont want to fall behind them, said Pouliot. We started out slow and they took it to us. The Blues got on the board at 13:49 of the first period as Tarasenko scored on a sneaky wrister from the left circle for his 24th goal of the year. It was a 2-0 game three minutes later after Jori Lehtera sent a quick pass from the right corner to the front where Backes tipped it into the net. St. Louis scored the only goal of the second period at the 5:30 mark as Barret Jackmans hard pass from the left point was nicely redirected by Schwartz for his 15th goal of the season. Edmonton got a power-play goal from Pouliot on a tip-in of a Justin Schultz shot at 8:37 of the third, but Steen gave the Blues a three-goal cushion with 3:34 to play. Pouliots goal with 1:56 to play accounted for the final score. Game Notes Edmonton continues its four-game road trip in Tampa Bay on Thursday ... St. Louis hosts Detroit on Thursday ... The Oilers were 1-for-3 on the power play, while the Blues finished the game 0-for-4. Mike Mitchell Jersey . Anaheim Ducks Reassign D Colby Robak to Norfolk Admirals (AHL). - Team Website D Eric Brewer (foot) removed from injured reserve. Mike Webster Jersey . -- Jacksonvilles offensive makeover is just getting starting.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- With one sweet swing, Edwin Encarnacion showed the Toronto Blue Jays what they hope to be getting back soon. After missing more than a month with a strained right quadriceps muscle, Encarnacion is close to rejoining the Blue Jays in the middle of their playoff chase. Now on a minor-league rehab stint with the triple-A Buffalo Bisons, Encarnacion is one step away, and on Tuesday night he showed evidence of his progress by hitting a first-pitch, no-doubt grand slam. Encarnacion, who led off as the designated hitter, went 1 for 4 with the grand slam, a fly out, a pop up and a ground out. He reported no problems after the Bisons 7-5 victory. "Its a lot of fun to be playing and have a game like today," Encarnacion said. "I feel great with my leg, thats the main thing right now. It feels great: no problems swinging, no problems running." With the bases loaded in the second inning Encarnacion made short work of a first-pitch slider from Norfolk Tides starter Steve Johnson, showing the right-handed power stroke the Blue Jays could desperately use by smacking the ball over the fence in left. "I was just looking for something in the strike zone and make a good swing on it," Encarnacion said. "He handed me the slider and I made a good swing on it." The plan is for Encarnacion to play two more games with the Bisons before meeting up with the Blue Jays on Friday in Chicago. Despite missing the past month, the 31-year-old still leads the team in home runs (26) and trails only Jose Bautista in runs batted in (70). After suffering a recent setback that delayed his return to the injury-ravaged Blue Jays, the main objective during the final step of Encarnacions rehab is to get him to the majors in one piece. "I dont know if hes quite there where he wants to be with his leg there. But well play that by ear," manager Gary Allenson said before the game. "Keeping him healthy through the next couple days is important." When Encarnacion was injured in Oakland on July 5, the Blue Jays were half-game back of the Baltimore Orioles in the AL East. Going into Tuesday nights game at the Seattle Mariners they were six back, making the second wild-card spot their most realistic shot of reaching the playoffs. Encarnacion has watched every game since going on the disabled list and been in communication with his teammates. "Ive been talking to every guy," he said. "They want to see me there soon." Recently, the Blue Jays have had to try to stay afloat without Encarnacion, first baseman Adam Lind and third baseman Brett Lawrie. Lind (fractured right foot) was activated in time to bat cleanup against the Mariners on Tuesday, while Lawrie (straight left obblique) is out until at least September. Vance McDonald Jersey. Toronto manager John Gibbons said last week his hope was to have Encarnacion and Lind split first-base and designated-hitting duties when they returned, which would allow Juan Francisco and Danny Valencia to platoon at third. Encarnacion wants to be back sooner rather than later, but not at the expense of quality hitting. "I just try to be available to play not 100 per cent but close to help my team win games," he said. "I dont want to go there and play only 50 or 60 per cent because I (wouldnt) help my team. I want to make sure that Ill be 100 per cent and be healthy to help my team." Although Allenson joked that the slugger might not be the ideal lead-off hitter, Encarnacion was there to maximize his at-bats. Hes expected to play first base Wednesday night, with Thursday afternoons game plan still up in the air. No matter the plan, outfielder Kevin Pillar, who appeared in 26 games for the Blue Jays this season, doesnt think it hurts to have Encarnacion in Buffalos lineup for a little while. "Its always nice having guys like Eddie come down and if you can just pick his brain for a day or two and just get a chance to watch him hit, Im pretty sure hes not going to miss a beat," Pillar said. "Watching a guy like him come into spring training without maybe a whole lot of live pitching and hit the way he does, itll just be fun for us and fun for the people of Buffalo to get a chance to see him play." Knowing hes in charge of a major asset for the parent club, Allenson said a decision to send Encarnacion home from third might be a little more conservative than with other players. Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos said "explosive movements" while running were the biggest concern for Encarnacion. "I think thats what he might need to protect," Anthopoulos said last week. "If hes hitting a chopper down the third-base line and hes really trying to sprint down the line or hes trying to stretch an extra-base hit and things like that." Perhaps even more telling than the grand slam was Encarnacions grounder that made him test his quadriceps running down the first base line. "I feel good," he said. "I feel great and I think everythings going to be all right." Steps away from being back with the Blue Jays, Encarnacion wont be expected to push himself too hard the rest of this week as he inches back. "If he just goes up when he gets done here, goes up and DHs, thats a big bat to have in the lineup," Allenson said. "More than anything for Edwin, as long as he gets his timing down, sees some pitches and gets comfortable where he gets it going again it will be just fine." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: