Ty Summers Jersey 2019 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Sep 20 '19

The 49ers surrendered 521 yards and the final 10 points of Monday night’s 33-30 loss to the Packers and those developments led to questions for head coach Kyle Shanahan about defensive coordinator Robert Saleh after the game.Shanahan’s team has lost four games in a row and they held leads in three of those games Mason Crosby Jersey , but Shanahan said on Monday night that he remains a believer in Saleh’s approach.鈥淪aleh is very good at what he does, and I have a ton of confidence in him and I have ton of confidence in our scheme,鈥?Shanahan said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. 鈥淭hey made the plays to win at the end that we didn’t.”Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers hit wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling for a 60-yard gain on Green Bay’s first offensive play of the game a week after the offensively challenged Cardinals had a 75-yard touchdown to open their Week Six win over the Niners. Cornerback Richard Sherman said after the game that scheme can’t cover for players failing to execute.“At the end of the day, if you call the perfect call and they don鈥檛 run the play the way you called it, what else can you do?鈥?Sherman said. “A guy has man, and you don鈥檛 take the man, and it鈥檚 going to lead to a big play. Aaron would find him if he was covered.”Sherman was also flagged for a crucial illegal contact penalty and Rodgers had success picking on backup Greg Mabin after Jimmie Ward left the game with an injury. Schemes can only do so much to guard against such developments and the total package left the 49ers just short in Green Bay. On Tuesday, long-time Packers assistant coach Winston Moss took to social media to offer criticism of the team. And the team fired him later that day.On Wednesday, interim coach Joe Philbin explained that the firing didn’t flow exclusively from the tweet.“It’s never about one thing,” Philbin said David Bakhtiari Jersey , via ESPN.com. “Again, I think it’s important, as I said to the team, we’ve got to be professional, accountable, respectful, and punctual. Those are the four things that we’ve got to do the next four weeks. And if we do all those things, we’ll be in good shape. It wasn’t about — again, you’re talking to a guy who’s never tweeted in his life, doesn’t even know what Twitter is — so again, it’s not about a tweet or anything like that. I just think the fit right now isn’t where it needs to be. . . .“I think it’s important obviously that everybody’s on the same page Ty Summers Green Bay Packers Jersey , that we’re all moving forward in the same direction. As you know, Winston’s an excellent football coach. I’ve known him a long time. Respect him; outstanding family man. So it wasn’t an easy decision, but I just didn’t feel like the fit right now was where it needs to be.”The right fit had been there for the past 13 years, with Moss arriving in 2006 with McCarthy and Moss not being fired at any point before then. But the tweet from Moss may have reflected the final straw for him, becoming in turn the final turn for them.Indeed, Moss had the title of assistant head coach since 2007. But Philbin, not Moss, became the interim head coach — despite the struggles of the offense Philbin coordinates. And Philbin, not Moss, was getting the chance, slim as it may be Ty Summers Jersey 2019 , to coach his way into the permanent job.It’s entirely possible that Moss simply didn’t believe Philbin was the answer, and/or that Moss fears the coaching search will turn on factors unrelated to the message articulated in his tweet: “What championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It鈥檚 not the offensive guru trend, it鈥檚 not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard! Period!”Moss may sense, and possibly may know, that the coaching search will focus on finding someone who will be compatible with (and perhaps deferential to) #12, quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Moss seems to think that it will be more important to find someone who will hold Rodgers accountable.And Moss possibly wanted the chance to be that guy, and he possibly wasn’t happy he didn’t get it. So he said what he said, believed what he said, and now will move on. Possibly joining McCarthy in whatever his next stop will be.

Share: