starts.Brewers: LF Ryan Braun was out of the lineup for the fourth straightgame | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Sep 18 '19
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Vapormax Flyknit 3 Cheap .J. -- Eli Manning isnt worried about the New York Giants offense despite an awful preseason.The 35-year-old, two-time Super Bowl MVP has been around long enough to know the preseason means nothing heading into the regular-season opener at Dallas against the Cowboys on Sunday.As far as Manning is concerned, the Giants have practiced well in training camp under new coach Ben McAdoo. Its the same offense that put up big numbers the past two seasons, and the talent is still there, particularly at wide receiver with second-round pick Sterling Shepard and Victor Cruz joining Odell Beckham Jr.Still, the preseason was ugly, especially the two games in which Manning played. He was on the field for 12 series and hit 14 of 24 passes for 109 yards, one interception and no points.Feel good about where we are right now and what we can do, Manning said Monday after the Giants started preparations for Dallas. So weve just got to go and obviously do it on Sundays and do it when it counts. And so, I feel good about where we are, how I feel within the offense, the players that we have, and I think well be able to go out there and move the ball.While the preseason was awful, Manning said there are playmakers on the Giants who are going to benefit when the team starts game planning.Beckham has been the Giants go-to guy for the past two seasons, and he should have a chance to be even better if Shepard and Cruz give Manning more options.Manning laughed about his lack of playing time in the preseason.Ive got 13 years of a lot of regular-season games and preseason, playoff games, Manning said. So Ive got a lot of snaps under my belt and, you know, you want to get into preseason and get into a little rhythm, but ultimately the goal is to get out healthy and get used to moving in the pocket, those types of things, but yeah, ready to go now.One thing that has not changed for Manning is the excitement of a new season, one in which the Giants hope to end a four-year playoff drought.You dont know what the possibilities are, but everybody starts in the same spot, and weve got a chance to do something special this season, and it starts right here, Manning said. This week, having a great week of preparation and going to Dallas and playing smart football, and well see if we can get a win.Game notes The Giants signed 30-year-old quarterback Josh Johnson and waived middle linebacker Jasper Brinkley. Coach Ben McAdoo thinks Johnson can push backup quarterback Ryan Nassib. Hes been trained in a version of the system, McAdoo said. He plays with his cleats in the ground, has a natural throwing motion, and has some good experience. ...CB Leon Hall and LB B.J. Goodson are still going through the concussion protocol. ...S Darian Thompson (shoulder) and LB Jonathan Casillas (ribs) practiced on a limited basis. ... McAdoo on DT Robert Thomas, who was awarded to the Giants on waivers: He plays with great energy. Leverage, he stays on his feet. Tremendous balance and he uses his hands well. Hes active.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Vapormax Flyknit Canada . Here are his mid-season NBA awards.  MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Nike Air Max 270 Just Do It White .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. http://www.airvapormaxcanada.com/air-max-plus-97-cheap.html . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. MILWAUKEE -- From winning a division title and a playoff series to making two All-Star teams, Jonathan Lucroy has enjoyed plenty of positive moments since debuting with the Milwaukee Brewers in 2010.With Lucroy prominently mentioned in trade speculation, the 32,405 fans at Miller Park potentially provided one last memory when they gave him standing ovations before and after he flied out as a pinch hitter Sunday in a 4-2 win over Pittsburgh.It was pretty cool, a lot of fun, said Lucroy, who turned down a trade to Cleveland over the weekend. I wish I would have gotten a knock there, but we won the game, so thats all that matters.The fans have been great to me here. I couldnt ask for a better environment to grow up in if something does happen. If nothing does happen, its going to be awkward the rest of the year. Well see what happens. Its out of your control at this point, he said.Lucroy nixed that swap to the AL Central-leading Indians. But other teams want the 30-year-old catcher before Mondays deal deadline and he has a limited no-trade clause.Pirates pitching coach Ray Searage visited the mound as Lucroy walked to the plate in the eighth inning. With the crowd chanting his name, Lucroy tipped his helmet to acknowledge the cheers.With two on and two outs, Lucroy flied out. He left the field to another standing ovation.I think it all worked out the way I wanted it to, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. I dont know what is going to happen, but I thought he deserved that.I thought the fans deserved that. It worked out right. It was a really good spot for it to happen. Im glad the fans acknowledged him. I know he appreciated it, he said.Keon Broxton and Chris Carter hit solo home runs as Milwaukee completed a three-game sweep.Pirates second baseman Josh Harrison exited with discomfort in his right leg after a hard collision with Broxton on a sacrifice bunt in the sixth.Matt Garza (2-4) gave up one earned run in five innnings, ending his four-game losing streak. Vapormax 2019 Cheap. Jeremy Jeffress earned his fourth save in as many days and his 27th of the season in 28 chances.My stuff is coming back, Garza said. Ive been kind of playing catch up from Day One. It is all coming back -- arm strength, velocity, consistency and mechanical repeatability. Im pretty pumped.Francisco Liriano (6-11) allowed four runs in five innings.The Pirates have lost nine consecutive games at Miller Park and are 17-64 in Milwaukee since 2007.We come in here, what did we get, six runs? manager Clint Hurdle said. It has been one of the challenges weve had here different times, too many strikeouts. Too many soft outs throughout the series. They pitched better, we still had pitches to hit.Gregory Polancos second home run in as many days pulled Pittsburgh to within 2-1 in the third.STILL STREAKINGBrewers 2B Scooter Gennett extended his career-high hitting streak to 10 games with a single in the first. He is batting .368 (14 for 38) during the string.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: RHP Ryan Vogelsong, who has been out since May 24 with facial fractures, will come off the disabled list to start Thursday in Atlanta. Vogelsong went 1-2 with a 2.86 ERA in four minor league rehab starts.Brewers: LF Ryan Braun was out of the lineup for the fourth straightgame Sunday with right side tightness. Counsell said he hopes Braun will be able to play Monday in San Diego.UP NEXTPirates: RHP Gerrit Cole (6-6, 2.78 ERA) will try to build upon his first professional complete game when he starts against Atlanta on Tuesday. Cole allowed one run over nine innings in a 10-1 win over Seattle on July 27.Brewers: RHP Jimmy Nelson (6-9, 3.42) will pitch the series opener in San Diego. Just two of the eight runs scored against Nelson in a loss to Arizona on July 27 were earned. ' ' '
Share: