e and the ability to e and the ability to | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 16 '19
                                      NAPLES, Fla. Los Angeles Dodgers Store . -- A friend of Cristie Kerr just happened to get a new job, and shes hoping to get a chance to call and congratulate him.Thing is, its a little tough to get the next president of the United States on the phone.Kerr is a supporter of President-elect Donald Trump and considers her occasional golfing buddy a friend. She made an appearance on his reality show The Apprentice and had a relationship of sorts with the Trump Golf brand. She has held honorary membership at his courses for years.And now, shes thrilled that hes about to become First Golfer.I havent talked to him. I havent had a chance to congratulate him, Kerr said as she prepared for Thursdays start of the LPGA season-ending CME Group Tour Championship, which she won last year. I just still cant believe hes president-elect of the United States. I mean, every time I say it, its like, Wow. Really? Its just so shocking, all these protests around the country. Its a fair and square election. Everyone got to vote.Trump has a longstanding relationship with pro golf, some of it good, some not so good.He has hosted mens and womens events in the past, although his course in Doral, Florida, near Miami is off this seasons PGA Tour schedule for the first time in more than 50 years -- mainly because no sponsor could be found to support a tournament there. During a break in his campaign during the spring, Trump said he played a quick nine holes with LPGA player Lexi Thompson.Trump has said his being president would help golf.I love golf. I love playing it. Its a very important game, Trump said at Doral earlier this year. Its a great game. You can learn so much. You make so many great friends by playing it. But I will say this: It wont be good for my game, but itll be great for golf.His Trump National course in New Jersey is scheduled to host next years U.S. Womens Open, although three Democratic U.S. senators asked last month to have it moved elsewhere. The United States Golf Association has not moved the event, but those who run the game have expressed concern over Trumps polarizing comments.The USGA, PGA Tour, LPGA and PGA of America released a joint statement in 2015 to distance themselves from Trumps explosive remarks about Mexican immigrants when he announced his campaign for president. Those comments complicated matters when it came time to try to find a new sponsor for Doral.Trump repelled large swaths of the populace, including women and minorities, with his deeply divisive rhetoric during the campaign, but Kerr believes his corporate savvy will benefit the country.The person that Ive known over the years, he always does what he says hes going to do and he surrounds himself with really smart people, Kerr said. Im really happy for him. I hope people will grow to understand that he is a man of his word and he can get things done. Hopefully hell be the CEO of this country like hes been the CEO of his businesses.Kerrs relationship with Trump goes back more than a decade. She defended him last year and said that some of her LPGA colleagues are big fans of his, as well.I dont think people understand how moderate he is, Kerr said. Hes fiscally conservative. He wants to get the country back on track. But hes a little bit socially liberal from some aspects. Hopefully people can get to know him. Dodgers Jerseys 2020 .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Dodgers Jerseys 2019 . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. https://www.cheapdodgersonline.com/ . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. The Atlanta Falcons?signed Robert Alford to a four-year contract extension, keeping one of their starting cornerbacks from hitting the open market after the season.The Falcons announced the signing Thursday. The deal is worth $38 million and includes $21 million guaranteed, league sources told ESPNs Adam Schefter.It feels good, Alford said of the extension. It feels good to be in the same place. I love it here. I love the coaching staff. I love Coach (Dan) Quinn. Just for them to give me the extension, Im very blessed. Thats all I can say.Alford, 28, was a second-round draft pick in 2013 out of Southeastern Louisiana. He became a regular starter during his second season and has started all 12 games this year.Robert loves the culture and the organization and the city, and he believes theres something special going on here, said Brian Mackler, Alfords agent. He wanted to be part of it for the next four years and become a Falcon for life.Alford is the second player to receive an extension this season, joining right tackle Ryan Schraeder, who received a five-year, $33 million extension. Owner Arthur Blank also rewarded general manager Thomas Dimitrooff with an extension through 2019. Stitched Dodgers Jerseys. Alford was one of two cornerbacks the Falcons drafted in 2013, joining first-round pick and fellow starter Desmond Trufant. Trufant is on injured reserve after undergoing pectoral surgery, but the 2015 Pro Bowler figures to be rewarded with a lucrative extension. The Falcons exercised the $8 million fifth-year option on Trufants contract through 2017.Alford was in the last year of his deal. Because of his speed and athleticism, he was destined to attract some type of attention had he hit the open market. Although Alford has struggled at times with penalties, the Falcons think he can thrive in Quinns defense.Its the speed that he plays with out on the outside and the ability to match up on different guys, Quinn said. Hes got the versatility to also play nickel. ... Hes got a real awareness for the football in terms of going after it and ballhawking.Alford leads the team with 12 passes defended to go with two interceptions. He is fifth on the team with 47 combined tackles. ' ' ' 
Share: