ay.?The thing I like about thisay.?The thing I like about this | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Aug 5 '19
MIAMI -- Just as the Philadelphia Phillies welcomed back Ryan Howard from injury, the team may have lost Chase Utley. Kanken Classic Backpack Sale . Delmon Young homered and Howard added three hits and three RBIs to help carry the Phillies to a 7-3 win over the Miami Marlins on Tuesday night. Utley was a late scratch with a rib injury suffered during batting practice. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said the second baseman would be evaluated on Wednesday. "When he took a swing, he kind of felt a burn, a pain, in his rib cage," Manuel said. Also before the game, Philadelphia placed catcher Carlos Ruiz (strained hamstring) on the 15-day disabled list. Young, meanwhile, had two hits to raise his average to .214 after returning from off-season ankle surgery. Howard returned to the lineup after missing the previous two games with a sore left knee. "We havent been scoring many runs and I havent been contributing like Im capable of," Young said. "Hopefully we can carry this over to tomorrow and the rest of this road trip because were going to need to score runs the rest of this road trip to win ballgames." Manuel said he glad to see Young "click" and homer for the second time this season. "We think Delmon can hit," Manuel said. "Hes 27-years-old, we definitely think he has a lot of baseball left in him. Its just a matter of him getting some at-bats and getting going." Howard said he felt good two days after getting a cortisone shot on his left knee. "It felt better. Ill just continue to try and build on it," Howard said. "I saw the ball pretty well and was able to get a couple of knocks off two lefties. Really, I was just focused on putting together good at-bats." Tyler Cloyd (1-0) allowed two runs and eight hits in seven innings. He was recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley (International League) earlier in the day. "Up here, Im definitely keeping the ball down more than I did at Triple-A," Cloyd said. "I think I try to do too much down there and get out of my game at certain times." Miamis Jose Fernandez went five innings, allowing one run and five hits. He walked one and struck out two. "Every time I can go out there and give the team a chance to win and a chance to stay in the ball game, Im happy," Fernandez said. Philadelphia went ahead 2-1 in the sixth when Domonic Browns ground out scored Howard from third. Howard led off with a single and took third on Youngs double to deep centre off Duane Below (0-1). Howards single with the bases loaded scored two runs and highlighted a four-run seventh that gave the Phillies a 6-1 lead. He received a cortisone shot Sunday. Youngs ground out and Browns double scored the other Phillies runs in the seventh. Young homered to left-centre on a 2-2 pitch with one out in the fourth. It was his second home run of the season. Juan Pierres seventh-inning RBI single pulled Miami within 6-2. Howard added an RBI single in the eighth off Wade LeBlanc. Miamis Justin Ruggiano had a run-scoring double with two outs in the ninth. Pinch-hitter Jordan Browns sacrifice fly in the fifth scored Placido Polanco to tie it at 1 and take Fernandez off the hook. Notes: The crowd of 13,996 was the third-smallest at Marlins Park this season. ... Marlins RHP Kevin Slowey (1-4, 3.44) opposes LHP Cliff Lee (4-2, 2.83) in the series finale on Wednesday night. ... Marlins manager Mike Redmond said injured RHP Nathan Eovaldi (shoulder) was scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Wednesday before 60-65 pitches in a start with Class A Jupiter (Florida State League) on Saturday. ... Miamis Chris Coghlan tripled for the second straight game after going 121 games without one. Kanken Mini Backpack . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Kanken Backpack Sale . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. http://www.fjallravenkankencheap.com/fjallraven-kanken-classic.html .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. TEMPE, Ariz. -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick?says it didnt matter to him who won Tuesdays presidential election.Kaepernick said he didnt believe any of the candidates, including President-elect Donald Trump, who in the past criticized the quarterbacks decision to kneel during the national anthem, would change a system that he said oppresses people of color.Kaepernick, who did not vote Tuesday, said during a conference call Wednesday with media in Arizona that he really didnt pay too close of attention to the election, which was decided close to midnight on the West Coast.Ive been very disconnected from the systematic oppression as a whole, Kaepernick said. So, for me, its another face thats going to be the face of that system of oppression.And to me, it didnt really matter who went in there. The system still remains intact that oppresses people of color.Kaepernick, 29, has taken a stance against racial inequality and oppression all season by kneeling during the national anthem. He stopped standing for the anthem during preseason games and has continued his protest throughout the regular season -- a gesture denounced by Trump.During an interview with KIRO radio in Seattle in August, Trump criticized Kaepernicks choice to protest during the anthem.?I think its personally not a good thing. I think its a terrible thing, Trump said. And, you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him. Let him try. It wont happen.Kaepernick responded in September to Trumps comments.Thats a very ignorant statement, that if you dont agree with whats going on here, that if you want justice and liberty and freedom for all, that you should leave the country, Kaepernick said. Fjallraven Kanken No.2 16l Backpack. He always says, Make America great again. Well, America has never been great for people of color, and thats something that needs to be addressed. Lets make America great for the first time.While Kaepernick singled out Trump, he also shared his dissatisfaction with Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton after the first presidential debate in September.To me, it was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates, Kaepernick said. Both are proven liars, and it almost seems like theyre trying to debate who is less racist, and at this point, I was talking to one of my friends who goes, You have to pick the lesser of two evils, but in the end, its still evil.New York Jets wideout Brandon Marshall, who has expressed support for Kaepernicks protests, was more conciliatory about Trumps triumph Tuesday.?The thing I like about this whole situation is we have a flawed man leading our country, and I think thats a good thing because we try to put certain people in certain positions on a pedestal and we expect perfection, Marshall said. Thats not the case. Theres only one perfect man who walked this earth. It gives hope to those who are flawed. People get second chances. I hope he does a great job.ESPN staff writer Rich Cimini contributed to this report.? ' ' ' 
Share: