s 3.5 goals and the ls 3.5 goals and the l | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Aug 3 '19
TAMPA, Fla. Terry Porter Jersey . -- Jameis Winston says its not difficult to determine why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers arent winning.The young quarterback has turned the ball over nine times during the teams three-game losing streak, prompting coach Dirk Koetter to say hes very concerned about the second-year pros play.At times, I do try to do too much and thats a part of the problem, Winston said after throwing a pair of interceptions during Sundays 27-7 loss to the Denver Broncos.Ive just got to do my job and put teammates in position to make plays for an offense that been held to seven points twice in the past three weeks.Koetter said Monday that the 22-year-old, who threw for more than 4,000 yards as a rookie a year ago, has to learn to be more patient in attacking NFL defenses.Winston ranks among the league leaders with eight touchdown passes, however hes also thrown eight interceptions and lost two fumbles during the teams 1/3 start.Two of the turnovers have been returned for TDs. The Bucs turned the ball over three times in the first half against Denver, which used a pair of interceptions deep in Bucs territory to set up their first two touchdowns.I need to protect the football, Winston said flatly.Its a lesson Koetter thought his quarterback learned last season, when Winston rebounded from throwing seven interceptions in his first four games.Many of Winstons mistakes occur in situations where hes scrambling, trying to extend plays that have broken down.At that position, taking care of the football is the No. 1 priority. Like I said, I thought we were past this, and I was confident we were past it. But were struggling with it right now, and weve got to fix it, Koetter said.I think the real trick is Jameis is such a competitive guy and Jameis is always trying to -- its a positive trait that he has -- make a play when sometimes theres no play to be made, the coach added.And sometimes thats throwing the ball when he doesnt need to, sometimes thats trying to keep a scramble alive too long and taking an unnecessary hit.In addition to sacking Winston five times, the Broncos finished with 16 quarterback hits.Koetter is confident the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner will bounce back. He said Winston is his own harshest critic, and the coach suspects his quarterback will make the necessary adjustments to minimize mistakes moving forward.Not every play is going to be a big play. We went through this very similar thing first four games last season. Hopefully, well learn the same lesson we learned last year and well get on a little roll, Koetter said.Meanwhile, the coach didnt offer much of an update on the status of three players injured during the loss to the Broncos -- defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, linebacker Noah Spence and tight end Brandon Myers.McCoy limped off the field with a left calf injury in the second quarter and did not return.Although Koetter said hes not sure if the four-time Pro Bowl selection will be able to play next Monday at Carolina, he conceded theres chance the tackle could be out a while.Obviously when you lose a player like Gerald for any amount of time, it hurts. He usually is going to draw a double team, Koetter said.With that said, though, Clinton McDonald stepped up and had his best game of the year. I also felt like Will Gholston had his best game of the year. Somebody needs to rise up any time a guy goes down, and I thought those two guys did that.Meanwhile, the team announced the signing of former Browns defensive tackle John Hughes III. Linebacker Josh Keyes and receiver Freddie Martino were waived.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Jusuf Nurkic Blazers Jersey . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/Bill-Walton-Blazers-Jersey/ . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Western Sydney midfielder Mitch Nichols concedes the clubs fans are owed an A-League win, and hes out to give it to them against Melbourne City on Friday night.Its been a month since the Wanderers recorded their sole win of the A-League season, away to Adelaide, and Tony Popovics side are yet to celebrate three points with their home fans.But theres no alarm at Western Sydney, where coach Popovic shares the near-universal view among the football community that strong performances will soon bring points to Wanderland.Our football is getting better each game. We need to marry the two now, the performance and the result, Popovic said on Thursday.We feel like were playing well enough to get results, to get wins. Now its about finishing the job off.The Wanderers sit seventh after six rounds, and with the worst goal difference and most goals conceded in the league.Defensive calamities have plagued the club over the last month, with Borda joining clumsy goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne in the bad books after a howler in their last-out 3-0 loss to Melbourne Victory.At the other end of the pitch, Nichols says theres more that the forwards can do that would help out their defenders.If we put those chances away we take the pressure off the defence, he said.The story of our seasson so far; weve thrown away two victories. C.J. McCollum Jersey. Well put 60 good minutes together and back off for 30.We do owe our fans ... (but) were not far off.Were not getting outplayed. Were in the contest. Weve been turning up.Were just really getting punished and doing schoolboy errors.The Wanderers will be without striker Brendon Santalab, with the Spotless Stadium match arriving a week too early after a calf issue suffered against Victory.Popovic said he hoped that his side could be the aggressors at their home deck, even against red-hot forward Bruno Fornaroli and on Tim Cahills first homecoming game with City in Sydney.We have a game plan we believe can cause them problems. Theyll certainly have to worry about us, he said.STATS THAT MATTER* City v Wanderers is usually a high-scoring affair; the fixture averages 3.5 goals and the last two have finished 4-3 and 3-2* Two more goals will surge Bruno Fornaroli into the top 20 all-time A-League scorers* Wanderers gloveman Andrew Redmayne might have conceded the most goals of the season (13) but hes also made 17 saves this campaign, just two behind saves leader Jack Duncan of Newcastle ' ' ' 
Share: