n the 18th minute. New Englands Darius Barnes sent a he | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 30 '19
OPELIKA, Ala. Andrew Whitworth Jersey . -- Angel Cabrera and Jhonattan Vegas dominated the par-5 holes in steamy conditions Thursday to share the Barbasol Championship.The 46-year-old Cabrera, from Argentina, eagled the par-5 13th on Grand Nationals Lake Course, holing a 60-footer from the fringe, and birdied the two other par 5s in a bogey-free 6-under 65.Cabrera left the course after his morning round without speaking to the media. The 2007 U.S. Open champion and 2009 Masters winner, hes one of two major champions in the field at the PGA Tour event played opposite the British Open.Vegas, from Venezuela, also eagled the 13th -- making a 20-footer -- and birdied the other par 5s in a bogey-free round. He won the 2011 Bob Hope Classic for his lone tour title.It was a great round overall, Vegas said. From the beginning all the way to the end, I felt like I did exactly what I had planned at the beginning of the day. Was able to hit the ball straight from tee, take advantage of the par 5s. I played the par 5s at 4 under, which is really good on this place. I was able to manage some missed shots that I hit to make some good pars to shoot a great round.Former Auburn player Blayne Barber was a stroke back at 66 along with Martin Laird, Ben Crane, Shawn Stefani, Matt Bettencourt, Michael Kim and Lucas Lee.Turned the heat up, Laird said about the temperature. I played nicely. The course is in good shape, so if you put it in the right spot and hit some good shots you can make some putts. I really hit the ball well tee to green today, putted solid but left a couple out there. But overall very happy.The Scot tied for seventh in Nevada two weeks ago in last start.Crane is making his first appearance in the event.This is a big boy golf course, Crane said. You could play a major championship here, no problem. The course is in great shape, feeling great about my game and just played solid all day. Made a couple of those critical saves and just made a great up-and-down with an 8-iron on the last hole for birdie to get it to 5 under, so off to a great start.Stefani birdied four of the first five holes on his back nine, but dropped a stroke on the par-5 16th.I did a lot of great things today and, on top of that, I stayed patient and just kind of tried to play one shot at a time, Stefani said. It was nice to get off to a good start, especially in this heat. It kind of maybe started wearing on me just a little bit the last couple holes, you kind of start getting hungry, trying to eat lunch and started to get a little hotter.Former Auburn player Michael Johnson shot a 67 in his pro debut.I couldnt ask for a better way to start my career, Johnson said. It was awesome. Played with two great guys (Omar Uresti and Dawie van der Walt), which helps. It was a great day, weather was good. I thought we were going to get rained on a little bit, but everything went great.David Toms, the other major champion in the field, also had a 67. Hes 49.Former University of Alabama player Robby Shelton birdied the final hole for a 69 in his second PGA Tour start as a professional. He was third last year while still in college.Matt Gilchrest, a rising senior at Auburn, had a 70.Hunter Mahan shot a 74 in his first event since the birth of his third child.The winner will get a two-year exemption and a spot in the PGA Championship, but will not be exempt for the Masters. Robert Woods Youth Jersey . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Nolan Cromwell Rams Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. http:///...everett-rams-jersey/ . LOUIS -- St.COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- Missing several scoring chances in the first 61 minutes, the Colorado Rapids appeared headed for another tough loss. But an own goal helped change the outcome against the New England Revolution. "You want to get the first goal, but we all know its a long game with a lot of parts," said Colorado midfielder Nick LaBrocca said. "The first 45 minutes are important and the rest of the game is just as important." The Rapids used an own goal in the 67th minute after getting a game-tying score from LaBrocca to beat New England 2-1 Wednesday. "This is a team that doesnt quit," Colorado coach Oscar Pareja said. "We have a team that pushes and the second (goal) of this game was remarkable." LaBrocca scored his first goal of the season on a left-footed shot from 30 yards. That tied the game at 1 for Colorado (8-7-6). The game winner came when Dillon Powers took a shot from the right wing against New England goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth. The ball never got to Shuttleworth. Teammate Jose Goncalves got to it first and kicked it into his own net. "Its a funny game where as soon as you start worrying about the chances you dont get, you start hesitating and you never score," LaBrocca said referring to close games that got away from them. "We look at games where we could have won. It doesnt faze us and we keep going." The Rapids won for only the third time in eight games. They are 3-3-2 over that span. Juan Toja sscored for New England (6-7-6). Nolan Cromwell Womens Jersey. It was Tojas first goal since July 19, 2008. "It was not a good play by our part," New England coach Jay Heaps said of the own goal. "But we werent good enough the rest of the night." The Revolution, 1-3-2 in their past six games, havent won in Colorado since June 15, 2002. They played their fifth straight game without Juan Agudelo, who is recovering from an injured right knee. The Revolution led 1-0 at the break despite the continued struggles of Colorados Deshorn Brown. Brown missed chances in the ninth minute and in the two minutes of injury time at the end of the half. Toja didnt miss his on a free kick off a designed play in the 15th minute. Standing outside the scoring box and with Jerry Bengston standing in front of the crease, Toja sent a free kick between the legs of Bengstons legs past the startled look of goalkeeper Clint Irwin. The Rapids had their chances for an equalizer. Shuttleworth caught Edson Buddles attempt in the 18th minute. New Englands Darius Barnes sent a header over the crossbar off a corner kick. Bengston stole the ball, but couldnt control it enough for a shot in the 21st minute. Brown was set up again in added time, but caught too much turf and missed wide left. Atiba Harris started the second half and sent a low drive that was saved by Shuttleworth in the 54th minute. The Rapids kept up the pressure over the next several minutes, but never challenged with a shot on goal. ' ' ' 
Share: