two interceptions (both in the Virginia Tech loss) against 18 touchdown tosses.Even with the loss of M | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 28 '19
Richmond board challenger Bryan Wood insists his rebel group have other candidates in mind if Neil Balme turns down a mooted CEO of football position at the AFL club. Cheap China Jerseys .That list could be headed by another former Richmond player, three-time AFL premiership coach Mick Malthouse.The group called for a spill of the Tigers board on Monday, pledging to retain coach Damien Hardwick, chief executive Brendon Gale and football boss Dan Richardson in their current posts.The point of difference was establishing a new senior position above Richardson and they publicly nominated Balme as an ideal appointment.Confusion continues to reign over whether Balme has any interest in the role.Neil Balme is the ideal fit but if hes not available, well then we go for the next best, Wood, a four-time premiership player with Richmond, told radio station RSN927.Weve been lambasted about saying we will talk to Neil Balme, so were reluctant to mention the one or two others that we would look at as well if Neil Balmes not available.So at this stage Im not prepared to mention anyone else.But Wood was more forthcoming when asked a follow-up question regarding Malthouse, who played 121 games for Richmond and was sacked as Carlton coach in 2015.If you mention - look - he may be someone we would talk to, yes, Wood said.There are a number of coaches that once theyve finished coaching have gone on to the admin side of things.But until we sit down and have a round table discussion with people, we cant make those decisions.Wood admitted he still had no idea whether Balme would consider leaving his job at Collingwood.I havent spoken to Neil Balme. I believe yesterday afternoon there was approaches made by our group, he said.Its been a busy morning. I havent heard whether theyve spoken to him or not.Wood also sought to clarify comments from Martin Hiscock, the cardiologist who is heading the rebel group.Hiscock drew widespread criticism for saying Hardwicks gameplan has to change, with the consensus being that football tactics should be left to coaches.Im not quite sure that were going to tell the coach how to coach, Wood said.We just want everyone to understand exactly what the coach is trying to achieve and that were all walking in the same direction.I wouldnt say it was a mistake (from Hiscock), I would say it was a bit strong.At a press conference with 40 or 50 journalists, cameras rolling - you know you get a little bit agitated at times. NFL Jerseys Cheap . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. China NFL Jerseys . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. http://www.cheapauthenticnfljerseys.net/ . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. North Carolina is looking for some help for a repeat appearance in the ACC Championship Game, but the Tar Heels first order of business is to win their three remaining conference games so they can gain the advantage should Virginia Tech stumble in any of its three remaining ACC contests.That starts Saturday when the 18th-ranked Tar Heels (6-2, 4-1 ACC) host Georgia Tech (5-3, 2-3) at 12:30 p.m. ET (ACC Network) at Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill, N.C.North Carolina and Virginia Tech are currently tied at the top of the Coastal Division standings but the Hokies hold the tiebreaker by virtue of their 34-3 beat-down of the Tar Heels on a dark and stormy afternoon brought on by Hurricane Matthew.The Hokies lost the next week at Syracuse, but have since beaten Miami and Pittsburgh to remain in control of the race. Virginia Tech travels to Duke this week and has games against Georgia Tech and Virginia left on its conference card along with a non-conference game against Notre Dame.Meanwhile, after the visit from the Yellow Jackets, North Carolina will be facing Duke on the road and North Carolina State at home among its remaining league foes with a non-conference affair against The Citadel, an FCS opponent, tucked in there at home.Of course, nothing should be taken for granted at this point of what has been a typically crazy college football season.Georgia Tech may be out of the division race but is showing some signs of life with wins it its last two games. Quarterback Justin Thomas is rounding back into 2014 form for the Yellow Jackets.Over the last two weeks the senior has looked more like the guy in control of the nations top running attack instead of the one who was frustrated and flustered in 2015. Last week against Duke, Thomas rushed for 195 yards and two touchdowns and threw for 264 yards and two touchdowns in a 38-35 win for the Yellow Jackets.You have to look at Justin Thomas and say he might have had his finest hour, Duke coach David Cutcliffe said. He played like a senior. Thats what I told him after the game.Thomas own coach was a bit morre reserved. Jerseys NFL Wholesale. I thought he played very well, Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson said. He made some plays.The Yellow Jackets also present the usual problems for opposing defenses with their triple-option, run-oriented attack. The offense demands a disciplined approach from a defense.Its a lot of attention to detail, because you dont see this offense a lot throughout the year, North Carolina cornerback Des Lawrence said. Its almost foreign to you, so you have to revamp your thinking of how youre going to attack this team.Its switching gears and being able to be mentally focused on what you have to do.The challenge comes at a time when the Tar Heels defense seems to be rounding into form as well. In the two games before last weeks break, North Carolina kept Miami at bay for a 20-13 win, and then two weeks ago it held Virginia to just 253 yards of total offense and 14 points in a three-touchdown win.Each and every week, we were able to find some improvement defensively, whether it was within a unit or in one aspect or not, we were able to find some of that and you were able to see them growing, Tar Heels coach Larry Fedora. I think theyre playing with some confidence, and their confidence has grown over the last couple of weeks, and theyre just playing much better football.And the offense keeps on rolling.Quarterback Mitch Trubisky has performed at an all-conference level. He has completed 71.2 percent of his passes with only two interceptions (both in the Virginia Tech loss) against 18 touchdown tosses.Even with the loss of Mack Hollins (four touchdown receptions) to a season-ending knee injury, the receiving corps is deep. Ryan Switzer has 66 catches for 678 yards, Bug Howard has 36 for 538 and Austin Proehl 27 for 378.Elijah Hood also is back to give the running game a jolt. He rushed for 107 yards against Virginia in his second game back from an injury that had cost him half of one game and all of another. ' ' ' 
Share: