How to record calls on your Android phone | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xysoom
xysoom Jul 26 '19

As a journalist, I record phone calls all the time in order to accurately quote the people I’m interviewing. I’ve tried all sorts of different methods for recording calls over the years, and there are some good options that will work with your Android phone.

You don’t have to be a writer to have a need for call recording. You may want to keep a record of an interaction for a customer-service call or keep track of key information when you can’t write it down.
Laws vary by state on the legality of recording phone conversations. Some states require you to have the other party’s consent, which means you need to inform the other person that you are recording. Check your local laws to find out what applies. Generally, it’s just a good and polite idea to ask permission.

Android 9 Pie doesn’t play nice with call recording apps
There can be a lot of differences between versions of the Android operating system. Android 9 Pie arrived in 2018, but it’s only compatible with certain phones, mostly newer and high-end devices.

The unfortunate news is that Android Pie disables the ability for third-party apps to record calls. That means you’ll need to use a different call recording method. You can fast-forward to the bottom of this article for some suggestions.Those of us with phones that aren’t running Pie still have access to apps that record calls. Here are some highly rated suggestions. I’m running Android 8.1 and these apps work with my phone.

Call Recorder-ACR: This popular app will first ask you to confirm that call recording is legal in your country. After that, Call Recorder-ACR (that stands for “Another Call Recorder”) will walk you through the simple setup process. You will also have to acknowledge that Google won’t allow the app to access or store phone numbers, though you can rename call recordings so you can easily find them later.

Once enabled, the app will automatically record your calls. You can pop into the app to manage your recordings. There’s also a toggle switch to enable or disable recording within the app’s settings. Call Recorder-ACR is a free, ad-supported download. A $3.99 pro version removes ads and includes premium features like the ability to record by contact.

Cube Call Recorder ACR: The free Cube Call Recorder works similarly to Call Recorder-ACR. It can automatically record all your phone calls and can even record Skype, Facebook and Slack calls on some Android devices.

I received a message that VoIP calls (including Skype and WhatsApp) aren’t supported on my Moto G5 Plus, so your mileage with this feature may vary.

My favorite feature of Cube Call Recorder is that it generates a small pop-up over my dialer that lets me toggle the recording on and off during a call. There’s also a nifty location feature that you can choose to use.

It lets you view your call history on a map. Cube Call Recorder records automatically, but you can easily disable it from within the app’s main settings. There’s a $1.99/three months premium subscription service available if you want access to more powerful features.https://www.ttspy.com/how-to-hack-phone-contacts-on-someones-iphone-and-android-devices.html

Share: