t Seaside while Cameron Tringale, Kt Seaside while Cameron Tringale, K | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 16 '19
Melbourne wants its A-League crowd record back, and Victory coach Kevin Muscat says a derby date at the MCG will make it happen. Bruce Smith Bills Jersey .Until Saturday nights blockbuster Sydney derby, which attracted 61,880 people to ANZ Stadium, it was Victory which had monopolised the big A-League crowds.The top four regular-season attendances in the first decade of the competition - and the biggest two grand finals - were packed out by Melbourne Victory fans at Etihad Stadium.The biggest club in the country isnt used to playing second fiddle, and Muscat said hed like a crack at a similar marquee fixture next year at the countrys grandest ground to see how big it could be.Im up for it, he told AAP.Strategically it would take some thought ... but whos to say if we took round one there this year how big it would have been?The MCG is no stranger to big-time soccer.Real Madrids match with Manchester City last year drew in more than 99,000, while recent visits from Greek and Italian national teams have drawn crowds around 90,000.The round-ball game and the MCG is still most closely associated with the heartbreaking 2-2 result with Iran in 1997 which saw Australia miss the 1998 World Cup on away goals, again in front of a huge crowd of 98,000.Muscat said the chief concern of any A-League matches on the ground should be the pitch, both for player safety reasons and to ensure a good spectacle.That always gets overlooked, he said.Im not saying the MCG wont be right but that should be the first priority.We shouldnt be thinking we could get an extra 20,000 in because that 20,000 that dont go to the game normally will go home disappointed and the entertainers go look what I had to work with.The product is king.You can build the best restaurant and fill it out with all kinds of entertainment - people blowing fire out of their mouths and jugglers - but if the foods bad you dont go back to see the juggler.Victory take on Melbourne City at Etihad Stadium in their first Melbourne derby of the season on Saturday, but expectations for a sellout crowd are lower than usual due to the Socceroos match at the same venue on Tuesday night.Citys emergence as an A-League force, including the arrival of Socceroo legend Tim Cahill, has only elevated the contest.Its the biggest one ever, Muscat said, until the next one.Theyre great games regardless of which players are playing in them and the rivalry is just going to grow and grow and grow. Andre Reed Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Andre Roberts Jersey . LOUIS -- St. http:///...-mccoy-bills-jersey/ . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville.Stewart Cink made use of some off-course inspiration to shoot an opening round of 62 at the RSM Classic at Sea Island in Georgia. Cinks career-low round at the Seaside Course included nine birdies and a sloppy dropped shot at the ninth, his closing hole, which eventually cost him a share of the lead. Leaderboard RSM Classic But Cink was still smiling at the end of the round, with his wife Lisa having been able to walk the entire round watching him as she continues a lengthy battle with Stage 4 breast cancer. Cink stepped away from golf in April to look after Lisa but, after nine rounds of chemotherapy, she received what the former Open champion said was a good report from doctors in Houston on Monday.A huge blessing, Cink said. I am just really encouraged by the way shes been able to fight and handle it.Shes had definitely a lot of ups and downs and she feels pretty well, and she got a good report Monday, real good. Shes really like an inspiration for me. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price The 43-year-old also admitted his wifes battle had helped him become more relaxed on course, realising golf is just part of his life.And that showed on Thursday as Cink carded four birdies on his front nine, going out in 31 before he used a run of four successive birdies from the fourth to get to nine under.Cink managed to hit the green at the ninth despite hitting his drive into a bunker, but he would three-putt and have to settle for a 62, one shot off the early pace set by Canadas Mackenzie Hughes.Im just trying to let golf be a piece of my life and not let life be a piece of golf, Cink added. Bruce Smith Youth Jersey. It grew out of our situation with Lisa where I felt like I had a chance to do some things to just kind of turn myself around.The last few years havent been that great for me productivity-wise on the golf course. So I decided to make some changes and felt like if Lisa can fight, I can fight. Mackenzie Hughes of Canada was the only player to better Stewart Cinks round of 62 Hughes, who has only one top-25 finish in eight career PGA Tour starts, harboured hopes of a sub-60 round towards the end of his opening 18, which also came at the par-70 Seaside course being used this week along with the Plantation Course.He had five birdies on his outward nine and moved to seven under after 11 holes with back-to-back birdies.Further shots were picked up at the 14th and 15th but, with a 59 in his sights, Hughes could only par the last three holes and had to settle for sole possession of the lead. Jonathan Byrd also made the most of good scoring conditions in Georgia Joining Cink on eight under was Jonathan Byrd, who had eight birdies in a bogey-free start to his tournament.Four more players shot seven under par rounds, with Blayne Barber carding 63 at Seaside while Cameron Tringale, Kyle Stanley and Hiroshi Iwata fared best of those playing Plantation by shooting 65 at the par-72 venue.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: PGA Tour Schedule World Rankings Golf live on Sky Sports 4 Free HD Golf Game ' ' ' 
Share: