ike a fan in a football shirt, but one with real quality. Hes been a big part | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jul 16 '19
The Bottom 10 inspirational thought of the week:I cant quit you baby So Im gonna put you down for awhile I said I cant quit you baby I guess I gotta put you down for awhile Said you messed up my happy home Made me mistreat my only child Yes sir you did!-- I Cant Quit You Baby, Led ZeppelinIts no secret that this season, we here at Bottom 10 HQ, located in an old Winnebago parked behind the humidor where Tom Rinaldi keeps his neckties, have been embroiled in a bit of a spat with UMass football fans. Chris Taylor Dodgers Jersey. Yes, they exist. And yes, they have been angrier at me than Tom Brady when his bottle of hair mousse runs dry.Yes, I was watching back in Week 1 when the Minutemen hung with Florida in The Swamp. Yes, I was watching Saturday when they hung with Mississippi State in Foxborough, or Foxboro, or however you spell it. But yes, I was also watching when they were stomped by Boston College. And yes, I was also watching when they wrestled with FI(not A)U for their lone win of the season.Within minutes of the loss to Mississippi State, the stream of angry emails and tweets from the commonwealth had already started. My measured response was to rank them again, just to throw a rotten onion into their DAngelos order. But then I heard from Alex Sterzin, who asked politely, Did my beloved UMass (it is an unhealthy and abusive relationship to be fair) do enough to get out of the bottom 10? I responded that I didnt know and that I was struggling with what to do but that I appreciated his loyalty. And I did. I still do. Then he responded with a comment that crystallizes the Bottom 10 experience.?You see, the Bottom 10 isnt merely a list. Its a mindset. Its an obsession. Its an academic exercise. Like watching a group of people through two-way glass as they suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. Which side of the glass are the Minutemen on this week? Load your muskets and read ahead.With apologies to King Leonidas and Steve Harvey, heres this weeks Bottom 10.1. FI(not A)U (0-4) Its rare to see a team play in two Pillow Fights of the Week of the Year in the first five weeks of the season, but thats what will happen when FI(not A)U hosts FA(not I)U this weekend in the Shula Bowl, aka Pillow Fight of the Week of the Year IV (PFOWY4). Then again, its also rare to see a team fire its head coach four weeks into the season, as the Golden Panthers did on Sunday. So, if anyone ever asks you what FIU and LSU have in common, theres your answer. Oh, and humidity.2. Rice (0-4) Rice blew a 17-0 lead and lost in a double-overtime thriller to North Texas Forty. The Owls and North Texas Forty have put the rest of the Bottom 10 on notice. Their game on Saturday wasnt merely the Pillow Fight of the Week of the Year 3 (PFOWY3). It might very well have been Pillow Fight of the Week of the Year of the Year thus far this year.3. NI ... Whew (0-4) Losing a tough one to Wyoming in the opener? Thats cool. Losing on the road to South Florida? Totally understandable. Losing to San Diego State at home? OK, thats kinda weird. Losing to Western Illinois at home? Welcome to the Bottom 10!4. Arkansas State (0-4) Losing to Toledo in the opener? No sweat. Losing to Auburn on The Plains? Hey, even LSU did that. Losing to Utah State on the road? Hey, even Boise State has done that. Losing to Central Arkansas to give the Bears their first-ever win over an FBS school? Welcome to the Bottom 10!5. Notre Dame (1-3) Losing to Texas on the road? No shame in that. Losing a heartbreaker to Michigan State? Hey, welcome to the club. Losing to a 1-2 Duke team with no quarterback in the House that Knute Rockne Built? Welcome to the Coveted Fifth Spot!6. Charlotte 1-and-3ers (1-3) Losing to Louisville by 56? Hey, who hasnt? Am I right, Florida State? Beating Elon? Great effort. Getting housed by Eastern Michigan? Well, um ... losing to Temple by four touchdowns? OK, I have to stop this repetitive premise thing. This is starting to feel like Im stuck in one of those Saw movies.7. San José State?(1-3) It takes a special effort to get ones self onto this list and to get Iowa State off this list all at once.8. State of Kent (1-3) Nick Saban defeating Kent State 48-0 was the worst treatment of ones alma mater since a group of Alabama boosters walked into a conference room and said, We should hire Mike Price.9. Bowling Green (1-3) The Falcons started the season losing 77-10 to Ohio State and just lost 77-3 to Memphis. Surgeon generals warning: Giving up 77 more than once can lead to one ordering 7 and 7s more than once.10. New Mexico State?(1-3) Its always tough to lose. Its always tough to lose your Sun Belt conference opener. But a loss for a program like New Mexico State always stings a little more when its against a classic regional rival like Troy.Waiting list: FA(not I)U (1-3), My-Hammy of Ohio (0-4), Georgia State Not Southern (0-3), Huh-why-yuh (1-2), North Texas Forty (1-2), Kansas Nayhawks (1-2), USC (1-3), I-ow!-A State (1-3), Virginiugh (1-3), incorrect targeting calls, people who always whine about targeting calls even when theyre right David Freese Dodgers Jersey.C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Sandy Koufax Jersey. After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. http://www.dodgerssale.com/dodgers-kenley-jansen-jersey/. LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St.Millwall midfielder Ben Thompson has been named the Football Leagues Young Player of the Month for April. Thompson produced a string of impressive displays in April, helping Millwall pick up 13 points on their way to clinching a place in the Sky Bet League One play-offs. He also scored his first ever league goal - a stunning 25-yard volley - in the 3-1 victory over Shrewsbury on April 9, which was later voted as Millwalls Goal of the Season. It means a lot. Its an unbelievable feeling to be awarded such a prestigious award. At the start of the season, I wasnt in the team much but to get in the team, play my football and express what I am about, it has all paid off, Thompson said. It has all been a bit of a blur. I havent really thought about it too much but Ill save that until the end of the season. Ive come a long way and enjoyed every minute of it. Sky Live: Bradford v Millwall Team news for Sundaays Sky Bet League One play-off clash between Bradford and Millwall. Jackie Robinson Jersey. .. The 20-year-old, who has so far made 33 appearances this season, was also named Millwalls Young Player of the Year last month. Millwall manager Neil Harris added: Ben has come a long way in a short space of time. He plays with a spirit which epitomises our football club - like a fan in a football shirt, but one with real quality. Hes been a big part in driving us in the last few months. I am extremely proud of him and Im sure hed be the first thank his team-mates for putting him in a position to win the trophy.Thompson is likely to be involved when Millwall take on Bradford at Valley Parade in the first leg of their Sky Bet League One play-off semi-final on Sunday - live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 12pm. Also See: Sky Live: Bradford v Millwall Neil Harris gets FA charge Gregory penalty gives Millwall win Ollies play-off predictions ' ' '
Share: