missing practice with a quad injury ... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jul 14 '19
ST. Hydro Flask 32 Oz Sale . LOUIS -- Brian Elliott stopped 24 shots, and the St. Louis Blues beat the Buffalo Sabres 2-1 on Thursday night for their franchise-record 52nd victory. Maxim Lapierre and Brenden Morrow scored as St. Louis improved to 14-2-0 in their last 16 games against Buffalo. The previous record for wins in a season belonged to the 1999-2000 Blues, who won 51 games on its way to its last Presidents Trophy. Elliotts shutout string ended at 166 minutes, 33 seconds, but he still moved to 18-5-2 overall and 10-1 at home this season. He was coming off a 1-0 win at Pittsburgh when he had 33 stops. St. Louis (52-17-7) also moved into a tie with Boston for the most points in the league with 111. The Bruins lost 4-3 to Toronto in overtime. Lapierre scored his eighth goal of the season at 1:59 of the second period, giving St. Louis a 1-0 lead. Parked in the slot, Lapierre took a pass from Ryan Reaves and sent a wrist shot past Buffalo goalie Nathan Lieuwen, who was making his sixth career start. It was Lapierres first goal in 23 games. It was the first point by Reaves in 26 games. St. Louis added its second goal at 18:08 of the third period. Morrow stuffed in a loose rebound for his 13th of the season. Buffalos Cody Hodgson cut the Blues lead to 2-1 with his 18th goal at 19:04. He took a pass from Tyler Ennis and one-timed it past Elliott. Ryan Miller, St. Louis No. 1 goalie, got the night off after shutting out Philadelphia on Tuesday. Miller and Steve Ott, who was Buffalos captain, came to St. Louis on March 1 in a trade that sent goaltender Jaroslav Halak and forward Chris Stewart to the Sabres. Buffalo then dealt Halak to Washington. Stewart played two games with the Sabres before sustaining a lower-body injury that likely will keep him out for the remainder of the season. This was Buffalos only trip to St. Louis this season. The Blues beat the Sabres 4-1 in Buffalo on Nov. 19. Buffalo fell to 1-13-0 against the Central Division this season. NOTES: Buffalo LW Marcus Foligno got hurt less than two minutes into the first period and did not return. ... Blues LW Alexander Steen and D Barret Jackman sat out. Steen has an upper-body injury while Jackman has a lower-body injury. They are day to day. ... Sitting out for Buffalo was D Tyler Myers, and G Michal Neuvirth, both with lower-body injuries. ... Actor Lou Ferrigno watched the game and when the scoreboard showed a picture of the Incredible Hulk, it split the screen and Ferrigno appeared. He flexed his muscles to draw cheers from the fans. Hydro Flask Sale .3 seconds remaining, and No. 7 North Carolina held off a resilient No. 25 Virginia team, 54-51, on Saturday. John Henson contributed a double-double with 15 points to go with 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels (25-4, 12-2 ACC), who have won five straight and 10 of 11. Hydro Flask Black Friday Sale . -- Even as Chris Paul remained evasive about his future, he did what team leaders are expected to do. BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- Tight end Martellus Bennett has been suspended indefinitely by the Bears after an altercation in practice the day before. General manager Phil Emery says the team "made a decision to fine and suspend Martellus Bennett for an undetermined length of time," though he wouldnt specify the amount of the fine. On Monday, Bennett was taken to the ground Monday with a grab to the shoulder by rookie cornerback Kyle Fuller. The play occurred during a full-pad scrimmage when players are not supposed to be taken to the ground. Bennett responded by getting up, grabbing the first-round draft pick and slamming him to the ground. Emery wouldnt go into specifics about why the decision was made, saying only, "He was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team." Neither Emery nor coach Marc Trestman would characterize it as making an example of Bennett, who has been involved in several practice scrapes this training camp, and a few last year, as well. "I play hard, go hard every single day," Bennett said Monday after practice. "Im probably one of the most violent people on the field. Thats just my style of play. Thats how I play. Im going to continue to play the way I play. Thats what Im here for. "Im not really here . everybodys talking about friendships. Really, were all preparing for a championship. If we make friends along the way, thats cool. But at the end of the day, Im just trying to help the Bears win a championship and the do the job to the best of my ability." When asked by reporters about the possibility of a fine, Beneentt said, "I can afford it. Hydro Flask 32 Oz Sale Cheap. I dont see what he can fine me for on that." Bennett will not be with the team at camp until the suspension is lifted. "Ill be talking with him today," Trestman said. "Weve got a plan and a process in place. We want to go through this process and when the time is right hell be back." Fuller was not punished for the incident. "Its a tough situation," quarterback Jay Cutler said. "I thought Kyle did a great job of handling himself." Wide receiver Brandon Marshall was seen shouting at Bennett after the incident in Mondays practice. Marshall did not practice Tuesday, but Trestman called it a coachs decision to give him rest and not punishment for the words he had with Bennett. Dante Rosario and Zach Miller filled in at Bennetts spot Tuesday. "Things happen during these moments and nothing of it has lingered with our football team," Trestman said. "We had one of our better practices today." NOTES: WR Marquess Wilson broke his collarbone in Mondays practice and had surgery Tuesday. Trestman said the Bears would be looking to fill his roster spot with a signing, while also weighing the skills of the other receivers. ... DE Jared Allen missed a third straight practice for what Trestman called "family reasons." ... CB Tim Jennings continued missing practice with a quad injury ... CB Isaiah Frey left Tuesdays practice with a hamstring pull. ... RT Jordan Mills left toward the end of Tuesdays practice with foot soreness. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys CheapWholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Share: