Airs weekdays from 9 p.m. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 22 '17
CALGARY - Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartleys contract extension signals that he and new general manager Brad Treliving have decided they can work together. Alexander Mogilny Jersey . The multi-year extension announced in Hartleys third season in Calgary could make him one of the longest-serving head coaches in Flames history. Bob Johnson was behind Calgarys bench for five seasons from 1982-83 to 1986-87. According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, the deal is for two years. Hartley was not Trelivings hire, but that of former general manager Jay Feaster who was fired Dec. 12, 2012. Calgarys president of hockey operations Brian Burke served as interim GM until appointing Treliving his replacement in April. I look at it at bit like a marriage, Treliving told reporters Wednesday at Scotiabank Saddledome. You go through a dating period and youre just trying to find out about one another and how things are done and sort of the DNA of the person and how they work and operate. Ive been nothing but impressed with Bob, his work ethic, his energy level, the time he puts in to get this team to the place we all want to get it to. Theres a consistency to him that I admire. Calgary hasnt made the playoffs in five seasons. Hartley guided the NHL club to a 17-14-2 start this season and a 71-79-13 record since he was named the teams coach May 31, 2012. His first season as Calgarys coach was abbreviated because of the NHL lockout in 2012-13. The Flames flirted with the Pacific Division lead in November, but their current six-game losing streak knocked them down the Western Conference standings to sit tied for eighth at 36 points. I firmly believe in the bigger picture, Treliving said. Anybody can swim in the lake when the water is calm. It takes leadership, it takes perseverance when the water gets choppy to see who can steer the boat here. I know weve got the right guy steering the boat. This should send a clear message to our dressing room that Bob is not only the coach for today, but moving forward. Calgarys announcement comes two days after their northern rivals, the Edmonton Oilers, fired head coach Dallas Eakins. Hartley also wasnt Burkes choice as Hartleys arrival also pre-dated Burkes on Sept. 5, 2013 So the 54-year-old from Hawksbury, Ont., won over two important men in the organization. Brian, Brad, those guys were unbelievable to me because they showed me support from the first minute, Hartley said. I said a couple of years ago I felt this was the biggest challenge of my career and I still believe it. I love the direction that this organization has taken. We know that were moving in the right direction. Our job is to try to fast-forward our progression as quickly as possible so we can be a playoff team, we can win rounds and have a shot at the Stanley Cup. Treliving said Hartleys extension was finalized Wednesday and the GM wouldnt reveal the length of the contract. Hartley coached the Colorado Avalanche to a Stanley Cup in 2001. He said he had Francois Giguere, who worked in Avs management at that time, serve as his agent and negotiate a new deal with the Flames. Because it was during the season, I didnt want this to be a distraction, Hartley explained. Im a person who believes in doing business the right way. I thought it would be good for me because I wouldnt be part of the negotiations. I could focus on winning hockey games and thats my job, preparing my team, getting behind the bench, getting on the ice for practice, meeting you guys, I cant forget this, its all part of my daily business. The Flames were an exciting team to watch the first two months of the season. Five times they trailed after two periods and pulled out the win. Defence partners Mark Giordano and T.J. Brodie generate offensive pressure from the back end, complemented by rookie forward Johnny Gaudreaus speed and gifted hands. Calgary didnt give up back-to-back losses until their current skid. When you look at the micro-picture its six losses in a row and six regulation losses. Youre not getting any points, Treliving acknowledged. The macro level is there are good things that are being done still. These are great learning experiences. You hate like heck to go through them and you stay awake when youre going through these times, but you need to push through on the other side, you look back and say this is when we were able to take a step. Were learning how to win in this league and were learning its very, very difficult to win in this league. Its a needed and important time were going through. Calgary hosts the Dallas Stars on Friday before travelling to Vancouver for Saturdays game against the Canucks. Markus Naslund Jersey . With the suspension, Nigeria is unable to take part in any kind of international fixtures. FIFA had issued a warning to the NFF last week after the federation was served with court proceedings from the government that prevented the NFFs president from running the NFFs day-to-day affairs. Alex Burrows Jersey . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said.TSN Radio hits the airwaves in Ottawa and Edmonton - now making TSN Radio available in five Canadian markets.  TSN 1200 in Ottawa and TSN 1260 in Edmonton made their debut just before the launch of the 2013-14 NHL season on Monday. The two stations join TSNs family of local radio stations in Toronto (AM 1050), Montreal (AM 690 AM), and Winnipeg (AM 1290).  Fans can listen to TSN 1200 and TSN 1260 for TSNs all-star roster of sports Insiders, experts and analysts. Along with bringing sports fans local sports, TSN 1200 and TSN 1260 will also feature coverage of TSNs slate of live major sporting events, including the GREY CUP, IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP, FIFA 2015 WOMENS WORLD CUP, golf and tennis majors, and more. TSN 1200 in Ottawa - Extensive local coverage of the citys sports scene all day long - Exclusive English-language radio broadcast rights to all Ottawa Senators games - 12 hours of Ottawa-focused weekday programming TSN Radio 1200s new weekday schedule includes: - TGOR - Airs weekdays from 6 – 10 a.m. ET and is hosted by John Rodenburg and Steve Warne - IN THE BOX - Airs weekdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. ET and is hosted by Steve Lloyd and Jason York - THE DRIVE - Airs weekdays froom 2 – 6 p. Pavel Bure Jersey. m. ET and is hosted by Ian Mendes and Shawn Simpson  Sports fans can access the station on AM 1200 in the greater Ottawa area, on TSN1200.ca and on the TSN app.   TSN 1260 in Edmonton - Focus on all major sporting news coming out of Edmonton with an emphasis on the Edmonton Oilers, Edmonton Eskimos and Edmonton Oil Kings - Live coverage of all Edmonton Oil Kings games - Full-day (6 a.m. to 12 midnight) local weekday programming anchored by some of the biggest sports personalities in the city, including Dustin Nielson, Will Fraser, Jason Gregor, and Jason Strudwick. TSN Radio 1260s new weekday schedule includes: - Nielson & Fraser – Airs weekdays from 6 – 10 a.m. MT and is hosted by Dustin Nielson and Will Fraser - The Lowdown with Lowetide – Airs weekdays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. MT and is hosted by Allan Mitchell - The Jason Gregor Show – Airs weekdays from 2 – 6 p.m. MT and is hosted by Jason Gregor and Meg Storms - Jason Strudwick – Airs weekdays from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m. MT and is hosted by Jason Strudwick   Fans can access the station on AM 1260 in the greater Edmonton area, on TSN1260.ca and on the TSN app.  Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: