Diaz said. I try to put it into the next start. Right now, I | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 13 '19
Indias medal hopes in archery will largely rest on the womens recurve team of Deepika Kumari, Bombayla Devi and Olympic debutant Laxmirani Majhi. Marqise Lee Jaguars Jersey . All three will also be competing in the womens individual event.Ranked fourth in the world, the Indian team will be eager to put behind the disappointment of 2012, when Deepika, Bombayla and Chekrovolu Swuro lost to Denmark by a point in their very first match. There are no happy memories from the individual event either, as medal-hopeful Deepika lost to Amy Oliver of Great Britain in her first match.The archery team, also comprising Atanu Das who will be in action in the mens individual event, is the first among the Indian contingent to have reached Brazil. They have set up base in the coastal city of Marica to acclimatise to the conditions in Rio, where archery will be conducted under artificial lights for the first time in a major competition.The team spoke to ESPN before embarking on their Olympic journey. Excerpts:On their expectations from Rio Bombayla Devi: We have done very well in a lot of international competitions in the run-up to these Olympics. We will try our best to go there and repeat what we have already been doing. In fact, well give it everything to do even better. I am positive about the results well achieve.Laxmirani Majhi: They (Bombayla and Deepika) tell me the Olympics are different from anything we have played before, including the World Championship. I also went to Rio recently for the test event, and it was a different feeling. Everything felt so odd, how do I even begin! You are shooting, but you sometimes dont even register the fact that you are firing arrows. Your body starts functioning automatically. Aur aapka bow bhi halka lagne lagta hai (Even your bow starts feeling weightless).Deepika Kumari: Shadows feel different in natural light as compared to under lights. These lights tend to affect your vision. And then theres the wind, because at night you cannot see where the wind is coming from. The flags are also not visible as clearly, so you dont get clues about the wind direction. Archery has never happened under lights, not even at a World Cup. It will be done straight at the Olympics, so it was a bit shocking for us. But we are working on how to deal with it. Only once we get there can we say for certain if our preparations are helping or not.On their first Olympic memory BD: 2008 was quite an emotional moment, and it felt great. It was very tough to break into a team by scoring better than so many good archers. And going to the Olympics for the first time always fills you with a bit of apprehension. It makes you nervous about how you will fare against so many good countries and teams. When I went for the second time, I wasnt as nervous. And now I feel like the nerves are even lesser.LM: Some years ago, I was part of a documentary called Going to School that was shot at our school. Thats around the time I first found out that the Olympics are a big deal. Haan, mujhe Olympics jaana hai (Yes, I want to go to the Olympics), was something I used as a line then, and when my coaches asked me if I realised what a statement I had made, I just replied that since everybody says they want to go to the Olympics, I also did the same. I knew it was big, but I never realised the value of the Games. I did use it as a throwaway line then, but I know now the real value of the Games. It brings with it a massive responsibility as well.DK: Theres nothing as big in sport as an Olympic medal. Those who have won the medal are considered successful and their lives have changed. All I think about is how important an Olympic medal is for Indian archery, since we have not been able to win one yet. The only drive is that we have to work harder -- whatever it takes, however much we have to sweat out. Kitna bhi jee-jaan lagana hai, bas woh medal laana hai (We have to give everything we have to bring home that medal).On the 2012 London Olympics experience BD: The set-up [at Lords, which hosted the archery events] was most impressive. There were individual matches and team matches taking place simultaneously. The efficiency with which they organised everything was very good. And there was always a big crowd, and they had packed the grounds. They were also very noisy, and to play in front of such a noisy crowd was also good, because you had to remain mentally strong. Now we are more accustomed to playing in front of bigger crowds.LM: Everybody who has been there at the Olympics -- seniors, coaches and others -- keep saying how special and a completely different feeling it is to be there. Kyunki aapke pair zameen pe rehte hue zameen pe nahin rehte hain (Your feet are very much there, but it feels like you are floating). How you shoot and what you do there, it just feels completely different there.DK: There were lots of lessons that I learnt from the last Olympics; mainly I thought I found it difficult to handle the pressure of the occasion. I couldnt handle the kind of crowd that came in. This time I know that I will handle those factors better and my performance will be an improved one.On the importance of teamwork in archery BD: There was pressure (in 2012) but we were a bit unlucky. It just wasnt our day. Back then the scoring was done by total scores; now theres a system of playing sets, which is better. This is because if you dont do well in one round, you can always improve in the next. The rule change has worked well in our favour -- both in individual and team events.LM: I normally fire in the middle, Deepika shoots last and Bombayla normally gets us going. The one who starts has her own pressure, because if she scores well, then the one in the middle -- in this case, that would be me -- feels more confident. If the first archer doesnt shoot well, then it puts pressure on me to come up with a good score. If I then put an average score, then the last archer will have excess pressure on her. So there are different pressures. It is actually the same pressure, but it is felt at different times.DK: The support staff plays an extremely big role for us. Whether its the masseur, the physio, the ground staff, or the coaches themselves -- they all handle us well. All archers have their own specific times, and the support staff adjusts their timings to suit when an archer is free. They stay up nights so that they can be available for us, especially the masseurs and physios. They are available whenever we call them, even if it is late at night. We have always had them walking alongside us. Jalen Ramsey Womens Jersey . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Taven Bryan Jaguars Jersey . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. http:///...iver-jaguars-jersey/ . The visitors took a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area. SEATTLE -- Just two months removed from Double-A,?Edwin Diaz has been named the Seattle Mariners closer, replacing struggling Steve Cishek.Diaz struck out three and walked one in picking up his first major league save Tuesday night against the?Boston Red Sox.Manager Scott Servais announced the decision to make Diaz his new closer prior to Tuesdays 5-4 Mariners win. Cishek blew a three-run lead Sunday in a loss to the Cubs, then allowed a tie-breaking homer to Mookie Betts in the ninth inning of a loss to Boston on Monday.Diaz was promoted from Jackson on June 4 and has a 1.73 ERA in 25 appearances. The 22-year-old right-hander has struck out 52 and walked eight over 26 innings. He has held opponents scoreless in 21 of his appearances, including Tuesdays.?I like to pitch under pressure. I feel more confident when its a close game, he said. I dont know why, but I feel really, really good.Diaz has thrown 9? consecutive scoreless innings.I will do the same job I do in the seventh or eighth: Get three outs, and try to win the games, he said. Josh Oliver Womens Jersey. Servais told Diaz and Cishek of the switch after Mondays 2-1 loss.He looks like hes ready to go, Servais said of Diaz.Servais said other relievers, including Cishek, might still be called on to close out games. Right now, though, Diaz is the go-to arm in save situations.He hasnt backed off. He has been very aggressive, Servais said. He believes he belongs in this league. He certainly has produced at a level like he should believe he belongs here.Diazs fastball has peaked at 101.8 mph this season, according to BrooksBaseball.net, and he throws a slider. Diaz credits veteran reliever Joaquin Benoit with helping him adjust to the big leagues. Benoit was traded to Toronto on July 26.Every start, I learn something new, Diaz said. I try to put it into the next start. Right now, I feel 100 percent ready.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: