here I come.Potapov, 25, is coming off a 10-round majority draw | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 20 '17
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Gabby Douglas watched Aly Raisman stick the dismount on the beam, then rose from her seat and gave her American teammate a big hug. Cheap Air Force 1 Shoes Wholesale .Never mind that Raismans success in Olympic qualifying Sunday ensured that Douglas couldnt defend the all-around title she won in London four years ago. Douglas had shaken off a sub-par performance in Olympic trials and quieted critics who were convinced she didnt deserve to make this team.For her, that was enough.Im not disappointed at all, she said. I have no regrets.Douglas finished third behind Simone Biles and Raisman. Only two gymnasts per country can compete in Thursdays final, leaving Douglas out of luck. The divide between Douglas and Raisman was slim. She was edged by less than a half a point.Douglas was attempting to become the first repeat all-around winner in nearly 50 years. She took time off after her triumph in London and put together a sometimes rocky comeback in which she switched coaches three times. Yet shes always had a knack for putting adversity behind her when it mattered, and when national team director Martha Karolyi rewarded her with a spot on the five-woman team, she immediately responded.Douglas was solid in all four events, but really sparkled on the uneven bars. She earned a score of 15.766 -- good for third overall and earning her a spot in the event final later in the games.I just really wanted to do a good bar set and really swing and just flow and stick the dismount -- the polishing touch, she said.She completed the beam without a hitch before watching Raisman do the same. It was a stark improvement from the Olympic trials where Douglas fell off the beam not once, but twice, leaving Karolyi to defend the decision to put her on the team.I think Gabby just proved that she has a place on this team, Karolyi said. I know our decision was very much questioned. But Ive known Gabby for many years and I knew we could make the necessary improvements that she would be a great asset to the team.Douglas beamed when told what her coach said, but the comments were certainly no surprise to the 20-year-old. Shes been bolstered by the encouragement of Karolyi for years.She said: `I believe in you, and you can go out and do it, Douglas said. At the end of the day, that means so much coming from the head coordinator of gymnastics. `Cause shes very precise.She was adamant that proving people wrong wasnt the motivation behind her work on Sunday.I just wanted to go out there and believe in my abilities and use the talent that I was given, she said. I wasnt concerned with anything else.Douglass teammates raved about her performance and lamented that she wouldnt get a chance to compete for all-around gold. The top 24 finishers advance to the all-around finals and the American team is so dominant that if not for the rule the entire five-person team would probably advance.I hate the two per country rule ... I wish that they would change it but I dont think that they ever will, Raisman said. Thats the rules. Youve got to respect their decision, but it is heartbreaking.However theres no reason to feel too bad for Douglas. Shes almost certain to collect another gold medal with the team the overwhelming favorite to win it all. Shell get another chance at a medal in uneven bars. Perhaps thats part of the reason why Douglas took Sundays setback so well.I would have loved to go out there and defend my title, but right now Im just rejoicing and so far this has just been an amazing experience, she said. Theres nothing to be ashamed about. Cheap Air Force Ones For Sale . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Cheap Air Force 1 . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory.http://www.airforceforsalecheap.com/ . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. Heavyweight up-and-comer Jarrell Big Baby Miller will face the most notable opponent of his career when he takes on Fred Kassi on Aug. 19. Theyll meet at Rhinos Stadium, an outdoor soccer venue in Rochester, New York, the hometown of Millers manager, Steve Nelson.The scheduled 10-round bout will headline a tripleheader on Showtimes ShoBox: The New Generation series (10 p.m. ET/PT) that will also include two other 10-round fights: Nikolay Potapov (14-0-1, 6 KOs), of Russia, against Clevelands Antonio Nieves (16-0-1, 8 KOs) in a meeting of bantamweight prospects; and welterweight knockout artist Bakhtiyar Eyubov (10-0, 10 KOs), a Brooklyn, New York-based Kazakhstan native, taking on San Franciscos Karim Mayfield (19-3-1, 11 KOs).This is an amazing opportunity, Miller said. Im in the main event going against a tough opponent, and hes definitely game to fight.Im ready to put his lights out like I do everybody else. I know hes durable and a little older than me. Hes a tough guy, and he can take a beating. So far, hes only been stopped once. Ill be the second.Miller knows what he needs to focus on leading up to the fight.Im going back to basics in this camp. Im an advanced fighter, but there are a couple of things Ive wanted to work on, Miller said. Its easy for heavyweights to rely on power and forget about technique. You see what happened to Dominic Breazeale against Anthony Joshua [in a June 25 world title bout]? His power didnt mean jack because there was no technique behind it. I want to be the kind of fighter who puts his technique first and power last.The 27-year-old Miller (17-0-1, 15 KOs), of Brooklyn, New York, will be fighting for the eighth time since the beginning of 2015 and is coming off a one-sided second-round knockout of Nick Guivas on May 27.Kassi (18-5-1, 10 KOs), a New Orleans-based Cameroon native, is 0-3-1 in his past four bouts, but in each time he has faced off against a reputable opponent in a tough fight. His most recent bout was a seventh-round technical decision against Hughie Fury, the cousin of heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury, in April that ended when Fury suffered a cut from an accidental head clash and ccould not continue. Nike Air Force 1 Clearance. .The other opponents in the stretch included former world title challengers Breazeale and Chris Arreola as well as Amir Mansour. Kassi drew with Arreola in a fight many thought he deserved to win.I approach Jarrell like all young fighters, Kassi said. Im a seasoned pro that has fought top-tier opponents. Jarrell will have to bring his A-game against me.Hes got size and power, but its nothing I havent seen. Im tired of getting robbed by judges like in El Paso [against Arreola] and in Alabama [against Breazeale]. That should have been me fighting Anthony Joshua in the O2 [Arena]. Against Fury, the cut saved him. Another round or two and he would have been done.Kassi finds motivation in how others have viewed his recent fights.We heard what we always hear, Oh, Fury had a bad night, so did Breazeale, so did Arreola. They all seem to have bad nights when Im in the other corner, Kassi said. Im hoping to actually get some credit when Miller has a bad night, too. Im a heavyweight boxer, thats boxer underlined. I move my feet, I use angles, I hit and dont get hit. Thats boxing, and its my art. Boxing fans are going to have a great time watching me dismantle a giant.Eyubov, 29, is taking a big step up in competition after tearing through his first 10 foes, all inside three rounds. Mayfield, 35, is vastly experienced, although he is coming off a one-sided 10-round decision to Dmitry Mikhaylenko on short notice on Jan. 30.I am very happy to be back on Showtime fighting the best opponent of my career, Eyubov said. I know this will be my hardest fight to date, and thats what motivates me. I am grateful that I am getting an opportunity to prove myself, and I want to show that I am ready for the best fighters in the world. I am ready for the boxing world to know my name. Aug. 19, Karim Mayfield, here I come.Potapov, 25, is coming off a 10-round majority draw against unbeaten Stephon Young on April 15. Nieves, 29, has won four in a row since an eight-round split draw against Young in June 2015. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: