ey battle: Aguero v Sturridge Capital One Cup final preview Liverpool handed injury boost Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jul 5 '19
ST. Vans Old Skool Pink . LOUIS -- Randal Grichuk and the St. Louis Cardinals love when Carlos Martinez pitches.Martinez allowed one run over eight innings and Grichuk, Matt Carpenter and Stephen Piscotty all homered off Mets starter Jacob deGrom, powering the Cardinals past New York 8-1 on Wednesday night.He can throw 99 with sink or 89 with even more sink, Grichuk said of Martinez. We feed off him. Its lot of fun playing behind him.The Cardinals, who won for the seventh time in nine games, posted a season high-tying 19 hits. They had eight players with two or more hits, including Martinez. Piscotty and Yadier Molina each had three hits.Its fun to watch them put up crooked numbers in any inning, even against a quality pitcher like deGrom, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. When you throw up 19 hits and get (RBI) from six different guys, thats a great overall effort. We had a bunch of hits but not a lot of runs early, but Stephen helped with that home run.Martinez (12-7) gave up four hits and got his second straight victory.I love how starting pitching set the tone, Matheny said. It was almost a continuation of his last outing. Hes understanding its about location and movement. He can throw anything at any time.Martinez allowed one run on three hits in seven innings against Houston his last time out.These last two outings I feel have been one of my best, Martinez said through a translator. Ive been really listening to Yadi and his advice has been really great and I feel really good about myself right now.Roughed up for the second straight start, deGrom (7-7) allowed five runs on 12 hits in 4 2/3 innings. He was tagged for a career-worst eight runs and 13 hits in his previous outing against San Francisco.I feel fine, deGrom said. Its hard to get results when you throw everything right down the middle. Thats what it is. Im missing down the middle and these are big league hitters and thats what they do.Carpenter was back in the leadoff spot after several games hitting third. His 16th homer was his third leadoff homer of the season.Jay Bruce led off the Mets second with a double but had to leave because of a cramp in his right calf. Pinch-runner Alejandro De Aza scored on a double by Asdrubal Cabrera.Hes got a tight calf, Mets manager Terry Collins said of Bruce. His calf knotted up when he was actually jogging out to right field in the first inning. When he came in he told me right away, he said, Im gonna try to hit and see if it loosens up.When he went into second base I looked out and he didnt give me the OK, so I went out and checked and he said its really tight. I couldnt afford to have him blow it out so I took him out.Piscotty drove in the go-ahead run in the third with an infield single. Grichuk, who had doubled earlier, hit his 17th homer in the fourth. Piscotty connected for his 19th homer, a two-run drive, in the fifth.Greg Garcia and Molina later had RBI singles.ROSTER MOVEThe Mets made a roster move after the game, optioning right-hander Erik Goeddel to Triple-A Las Vegas and recalling left-hander Sean Gilmartin.NOTABLEMets reliever Robert Gsellman is the first pitcher in the modern era to earn a victory in his major league debut as a reliever since John Montefusco on Sept. 3, 1974 with the Giants.TRAINERS ROOMMets: Jon Niese (left knee) may undergo surgery after lasting just one-third of an inning on Tuesday.Cardinals: Lance Lynn, coming off reconstructive elbow surgery last November, made his third rehab start Wednesday at Double-A Springfield. Theres a chance the right-hander could help in the bullpen before the season ends.UP NEXTMets: Seth Lugo (0-2, 3.04) makes his second start in place of injury Steven Matz (left shoulder tightness), who could return late this month.Cardinals: Adam Wainwright (9-7, 4.71) allowed four home runs in 6 2/3 innings July 27 and got a no decision in his lone appearance against the Mets this season. Vans Sk8 Hi Leather . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Cheap Vans Sk8 Hi Shoes . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.vansshoesclearancesale.com/vans-sk8-hi-clearance.html . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.As Jurgen Klopp prepares to take Liverpool to Wembley for Sundays Capital One Cup final against Manchester City, he sat down with Sky Sports to discuss fan expectations, cup finals, why hes not Santa Claus and his own take on his first five months at Anfield... Such is Jurgen Klopps charisma, you sense he could get his message across with only glares, glances, screams and smiles. But his English is impressive too. And yet, just occasionally, even hes reminded that this is not his native tongue.There was the time at his opening press conference when he spoke of delivering titles. In Germany, the word title and trophy are interchangeable. He was not promising the Premier League but rather the sort of trips that will take Liverpool to Wembley on Sunday. Another example came earlier in this competition when, after the semi-final victory over Stoke, Klopp told Sky Sports that Liverpool will win the cup regardless of their opponent in the final. Sometimes I dont use the words will and want in the right way, he explains.The German word will is the English word want, so thats a little bit of the problem. Of course, I am not sure that we will win this but we want to, for sure. Thats the only reason you are part of a competition like this.Liverpool havent been part of these occasions enough. While its only four years since the club won the Capital One Cup under Kenny Dalglish, Klopp is still able to call it a long time without fear of contradiction. Expectations are always there at Liverpool.Raising those expectations can be a delicate balancing act. Roy Hodgson paid the price for dampening them, while Brendan Rodgers brought hope before crushing disappointment. Klopp feels like the man to unleash them, but he too acknowledges the scale of the task. Aguero v Sturridge Could this be the key battle in the Capital One Cup final on Sunday? The whole situation is a challenge, he says. Liverpool is a club with a big, big, big history and all the clubs in the world have a big history if the present is not too successful. If you have never had success then nobody knows how it is but in Liverpool everybody knows how it was. Thats part of the problem.There is a lot of pressure on the situation. Thats normal. The challenge is to stay cool enough to handle the pressure in the moment so that you can succeed in the future. It needs time, nobody wants to hear it but thats the truth, if you want to have success in the future you have to be ready to work now. Thats the job.There are many reasons why Rodgers lost that job. But for all the transfer follies, a final-day thrashing at Stoke, the loss of key players and Premier League matches, for Liverpool fans returning to Wembley, its memories of an FA Cup semi-final that will flood back on Sunday.The sight of a disjointed team tactically outwitted by Tim Sherwoods Aston Villa ended Rodgers hopes of delivering silverware and crystallised the situation at Anfield. If that brings bad memories, Klopps own return to Wembley sparks mixed emotions. Jurgen Klopps previous Wembley experience ended in Champions League defeat The 2013 Champions League final between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich couldve been his crowning glory. But Arjen Robbens late goal denied his side. It was two things, one of the best days in my life and one of the worst days in my life, he admits.Thats how it is if you go to a final and cant win it. The qualification for the final was a great journey and to lose the final is not the best thing, of course. But its a great stadium so it was not because of the stadium. Everything is okay with me and Wembley.Although Klopp won the double with Dortmund in 2012, cup finals havent been particularly kind to the 48-year-old German. He still recalls Mats Hummels being denied a second-half goal that would have given his side the lead over Bayern in the 2014 cup final.It was a goal and everybody saw afterwards that it was a goal at a very important moment and it would have decided the game, he recalls. But the referee disallowed it and then they make the goal so you lose the final.Even his final match as Dortmund boss failed to provide the perfect ending - beaten 3-1 by Wolfsburg. So any empathy with his Manchester City counterpart Manuel Pellegrini, a man looking to bow out with a trophy, comes with a caveat. I lost my last final with my former club so its not a guarantee, he says.Just because you want to give a present doesnt mean you can give a present. I have maximum respect for the work Manuel did but we are not Santa Claus, they have a few other opportunities and if they want they can take one of these. I have maximum respect for the work Manuel did but we are not Santa Claus. Jurgen Klopp on why there will be no presents for Man City Klopp gives the impressiion that he fancies his chances against Pellegrini and its easy to imagine why after that 4-1 away win in November. Vans Shoes Clearance Sale. Liverpool overwhelmed City that day with an energy that brought the worst out in their hosts. They seemed sluggish by comparison.It was really good, says Klopp. It was one of our best games, for sure, but it was necessary against Man City because you cant play at 60, 70, 80 or 90 per cent, you have to bring your best on the pitch. Thats what we did in this game.Usually you use the last two or three games before to analyse but in this case when you have already played against each other you use that game too. We will do the same but its different. More important is the moment. That was long ago. Simon Mignolet believes winning the League Cup this weekend could have a similar effect on Liverpool as it did on Chelsea at the start of Jose Mourinhos reign Of course, in that time the style of Man City didnt change, they break the rhythm all the time, they play really cool and slow until they speed up and they accelerate and they have outstanding individual quality.You have to try to give them as many questions as possible in the game, so they cannot do what they want to do, whats easy for them, whats their plan. So we will be prepared, no doubt about this, and we have to show our best performance. Man City 1 Liverpool 4 Will Liverpool win again? Five clues from the last clash. Those performance levels have fluctuated more than he would have liked since arriving to much excitement in October. So whats Klopps verdict so far? Not great, he says. It could have been better, it could have been worse. But we feel in a good way, thats the truth.We know about all our problems. We know about all our good things that we have done until now. Of course, at the end we can say it is not enough points, thats how it is, but there are always reasons for this, thats all we can say.What I recognised since Ive been here, every one of the players is obviously keen to win titles, to win cups - its not possible for us this year in the league to win something so we have to be fully concentrated in this tournament. We have to handle the pressure.If you want something with all you have, it sometimes makes the pressure too big. Football is a game and you have to act like youre in a game, you have to gamble, you have to be cheeky, enjoy the game, if you only feel pressure then you cannot play your best football.How cheeky hell be on Sunday remains to be seen. There wont be a repeat of the infamous 1996 FA Cup final - I heard about this, one time in the past there was one Liverpool squad who came in white suits - but his squad will be suited up. And they will be ready.Its a final so its not important how good you are usually, it is only important how good you are in this game so its a big chance for us. Its a chance and thats all I need. You should not waste opportunities of winning titles and cups and Im ready for winning something. You should not waste opportunities of winning titles and cups and Im ready for winning something. Jurgen Klopp on the search for silverware this Sunday Im not the guy to sit here and say for sure, we will win it because I know football. [But] for all the effort of our supporters - the time, money and kilometres - they put in to go to the games, it would be really nice if we could celebrate this big thing together.And in the perfect setting? The name is a really good sound. Wembley, Klopp adds, appearing fascinated by the very word as it tumbles from his lips. Going there is one of the best things you can do in life - sports life - and one time is not enough.Im there for a second time… hopefully with a better ending. Also See: Lessons from Man City 1-4 Liverpool Key battle: Aguero v Sturridge Capital One Cup final preview Liverpool handed injury boost Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: