and Gylfi Sigurdsson on Soccer Saturday from 12noon on Sky Sports News HQ | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jul 3 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- University of Oregon multisport star Devon Allen finished fifth in the mens 110-meter hurdles final Tuesday in Rio de Janeiro in the first time the Americans have been shut out of a medal in the event. Cheap Air Max 90 Ireland .Omar McLeod, the world indoor champion, converted his season dominance of the 110m hurdles into an Olympic gold medal, a first for Jamaica in the event.Add the hurdles to the growing list of things the tiny Caribbean Island is dominating. McLeod said he fed off the medal-winning performances of Usain Bolt in the mens 100 and Elaine Thompson (gold) and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (bronze) in the womens 100.You see them go out and represent themselves and represent their country, have fun -- and they win. They harness medals, McLeod said. You want to do the same thing. Its contagious. You want to feel how it feels. I felt how it feels.Could McLeod turn into the Bolt of the hurdles?Well see, he said. The feeling is indescribable. I dont know whats going through my mind right now. I need to go back and just recite it a couple times, saying, Youre an Olympic champion.McLeod, who was a track standout at the University of Arkansas before turning pro, gained the lead quickly and pulled away as he won in 13.05 seconds.?Cuban-born Orlando Ortega of Spain took silver in 13.17 seconds, and Dimitri Bascou of France won bronze in 13.24. Ortega gave Spain its first medal in track and field since 2004.I was just thinking, Come on. Go. Go finish, Ortega said. I see the [big screen] TV and see my second place. I cant believe this moment.Allen said he didnt run the technical race hed hoped for but was proud of a top-five finish.?For it being my first international competition, as well as my first Olympics, I think I did well, he said. In hurdles, there are barriers, and theyre in the way, and its about maneuvering and managing those barriers, and my body position wasnt as great as I would have wanted it to be, and thats why I wasnt as fast.The Ducks wide receiver said he plans to wind down and enjoy the last few days in Rio with his family before?he joins his?Oregon?football teammates on the practice field.Ill probably be the best-shaped athlete on the field right now, Allen said with a laugh.Allen had nine catches for 94 yards last season for the Ducks as he eased back into action after tearing a ligament in his right knee during the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1, 2015. He said it wont take him long to get up to speed on the football field, and hes already at his playing weight of 185 pounds (84 kilograms). Still, rest might be a good thing.Jumping back in, it could work, Allen said. But maybe resting will make for a better athlete in the long run. Eventually, Ill get back in there.During the U.S. Olympic track trials, Allens high school track coach, Tim ONeil, said the 21-year-old has the potential to break the world record of 12.80 seconds.?Asked about ONeils claim following his fifth-place finish Tuesday, Allen said the record is still in sight.?I think thats something I am going to be doing in the next couple years, he said. This is my fifth year hurdling, and you see a lot of guys -- it takes technique to hurdle, and that takes time. The world record gets broken at later ages.Aries Merritt was 27, and Liu Xiang was a little older. It takes time, and I got nothing but time.There were quite a few tumbles and falls in the hurdles Tuesday. Haitis Jeffrey Julmis smacked into the first hurdle in his semifinal heat, tumbled over it and took the hurdle right along with him. Then he got back up and finished to a roar from the crowd.It didnt make sense to go down as a sore loser, Julmis said. The Olympic spirit -- finish the race.Information from ESPNs?Alyssa Roenigk?and The Associated Press was used in this report.? Nike Air Max Ireland . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Cheap Nike Air Max .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. http://www.irelandcheapairmax.com/ireland-air-max-98.html . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string.Should Swansea City survive in the Premier League there will be many lessons to learn from what their talisman Gylfi Sigurdsson describes as a strange season. The recent years of impressive progress at the Liberty Stadium looked as if they might come to a juddering halt when an autumnal run of one win in 13 league games sent them into relegation danger.I dont think anyone saw that coming but it happens in football and its down to the players to get us out of the position were in now because, at the end of the day, we cant get relegated, says Sigurdsson. We want to stay in the Premier League and its a massive thing for the club to stay up next year with the television money coming in. And for us as players, we dont want to have a relegation on our CV. Sigurdsson believes Swansea have more than enough to retain their Premier League status The 26-year-old has been a key performer since the turn of the year, his seven goals in the last 11 matches going a long way to alleviating relegation fears. So, has Sigurdssons form turned things around for Swansea? Or has the teams improved performances brought the best out of the player?I think its both, he says. Personally 2016 has been a very good year. Ive been scoring a lot of goals but I think it comes down to the team playing better football as well. Were picking up more points. Were playing a little bit better than we were. In October and November we were playing really badly but now were doing better and creating a lot of chances. Its just down to the players up front to put them away now. We hear it said in the modern game that certain teams have an identity. It was used as a stick to beat Sam Allardyce during his time at West Ham, when supporters were less than happy with performances; that wasnt the West Ham way, they said. Former Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers often used phrases like Our DNA during his time at Liverpool, as if to claim some unique characteristic that set his club apart. These are blurred areas, often mistaken for simpler distinctions between winning and losing. Gylfi Sigurdsson has been in good goalscoring form for Swansea since the turn of the year But there is no doubt Swansea gained a reputation for a particular style of football since Roberto Martinezs arrival in 2007, which saw them through to the Premier League under Rodgers. The side has continued to evolve, but Sigurdsson believes that was part of the problem earlier this season.I think somewhere along the line we went away froom what were all about. Nike Air Max Sale Clearance. Because if you look at the last six or seven years and what Swansea are known for, I think we didnt perform like we used to. We didnt pass the ball like we used to and defend like we once did. We used to win the ball high up the pitch then keep the ball. Sigurdsson found the net from the penalty spot against fellow relegation rivals Sunderland When Garry Monk departed in December, it was club hero and long-serving coach Alan Curtis who took temporary charge. His first match brought an unlucky defeat away to Manchester City, but from that game on the team started to return to the style Sigurdsson talks about. After a long spell on the sidelines, Leon Britton had been restored to the starting XI in the final games of Monks reign, and his tenacity and passing in the midfield holding role helped the team build from a solid base once more.Curtis was ready to take a backseat again when Francesco Guidolin arrived from Italy to take charge of the team in January. But an illness to the 60-year-old Italian thrust Curtis into the limelight once more. Alan Curtis has been in the dugout in the absence of Francesco Guidolin Hes been fantastic, really good, Sigurdsson says of Curtis. All of the boys look up to him and he knows the club inside out. He knows what it means to the club and the city to stay in the Premier League. But of course hes also very experienced and very calm and hes done very well in the absence of the manager and the time before that when he and Dave Adams were taking charge of the team. When Garry left, Curt stepped in and steadied the ship. He took charge for a few games and our performances improved. I think hes very important for us.So what do Swansea need to do between now and the end of the season to ensure their survival for another season?Its a case of just going back to what were good at and playing the football that we used to play; exciting attacking football and keeping the ball with a lot of pressure in the team. If we can do that well be more than fine.Watch the full interview with Johnny Phillips and Gylfi Sigurdsson on Soccer Saturday from 12noon on Sky Sports News HQ, and watch Swansea v Aston Villa on Saturday Night Football from 5pm on Sky Sports 1 HD Also See: Guidolin back for Villa visit Mersons predictions Premier League questions Live on Sky Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Share: