rth Val Gardena downhill win -- although the N | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jul 2 '19
Brisbane Roar have added much-needed steel to their midfield by signing former Danish international Thomas Kristensen for the upcoming A-League season. Warren Sapp Jersey .Kristensen, 33, is a direct replacement for the Roars reigning player of the year Corona, who made a surprising return to Spain earlier this month despite having a year left to run on his contract.Much like Corona, Kristensen brings a wealth of experience to Brisbane, having played seven seasons for top Danish club FC Copenhagen before spending the last two years in the Dutch Eredivisie with ADO Den Haag.But unlike the diminutive Spaniard, Kristensen is a more defensively-minded player who is not afraid to put his imposing 188cm frame on the line - a bonus for coach John Aloisi, who believes his side were often bullied by bigger-bodied opponents last season.His ability to play the ball will suit our style, but hell give us that balance defensively we need as well, Aloisi told reporters on Wednesday.Kristensen said he knew little about the A-League, but his interest was piqued when former international teammate and good friend Morten Nordstrand signed for the Newcastle Jets midway through last season.Despite his advancing years, Kristensen has a reasonably clean injury record and believes he has plenty of football still left in him.From what I see, (Brisbane) is a club thats usually in the top. Hopefully we can play for the championship, he said.Kristensens contract with the Roar does not officially begin until August 1, meaning he wont be involved in Fridays behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly against the Western Sydney Wanderers at Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast. Buccaneers Jerseys China Cheap . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. http://www.cheapbuccaneersjerseysauthentic.com/ . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. VAL GARDENA, Italy -- Aksel Lund Svindal was the only skier missing from the Norwegian podium party.Olympic champion Kjetil Jansrud and teammate Aleksander Aamodt Kilde finished 1-2 in a super-G on Friday to extend Norways recent dominance in Val Gardena -- and in the World Cup speed events.It could have been another podium sweep for the Attacking Vikings but Svindal wasted a fast start to his run with two major mistakes, ultimately skiing through a gate and not finishing.Team Norway likes Val Gardena, Kilde said. Unfortunately we didnt get Aksel with us this time but hell for sure be back. Its always fun to ski the Saslong and the snow is always good.When Jansrud crossed the finish line and came to a stop he pointed toward Kilde in the leaders spot.Everything flows pretty well for us these days, Jansrud said.Jansrud finished 0.06 seconds ahead of Kilde, and 0.13 in front of third-place Canadian veteran Erik Guay.Olympic downhill champion Matthias Mayer of Austria finished fourth, 0.48 behind, as he returned to the site of a horrific crash a year ago which ended his season.Olympic combined champion Sandro Viletta was airlifted off the course by helicopter to a local hospital after crashing and sliding into the safety netting backward. Race organizers said Viletta injured his right knee.Jansrud has won all three speed races this season. He swept a super-G and downhill in Val dIsere, France, this month.Its humbling to be able to pull it off, Jansrud said. I dont know how long it can continue but Ill try as long as possible.Last year in Val Gardena, Svindal, Jansrud, and Kilde finished 1-2-3 for Norway in the super-G.Norwegians have won the Val Gardena super-G five consecutive times, with Svindal posting three victories and Jansrud two. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys China. s a team were always working good with each other and pushing each other, said Kilde, who edged older teammates Jansrud and Svindal to take the season-long super-G title last season. Having guys like Aksel and Kjetil is an advantage for me.Since the start of the 2012-13 season, Norwegian skiers have won 16 of the 27 World Cup super-Gs. No other country has more than four wins in this span.It was the 17th career World Cup victory for Jansrud, who won the super-G at the 2014 Sochi Games.The 100 points earned moved Jansrud up to second in the overall standings, 140 points behind five-time defending champion Marcel Hirscher of Austria, who does not race downhill.Adrian Smiseth Sejersted, another young Norwegian, posted his best career result in 11th, in just the fourth World Cup super-G of his career.Including his downhill victory three years ago, it was Guays fourth podium result in Val Gardena.Val Gardena has always been good to me, said Guay, who is regaining his form following his sixth knee surgery. A lot of times when I ski super-G I dont push as hard to the limits as I should but today I skied to the edge, no mistakes, clean run, and Im very happy.Conditions were perfect, with the temperature below freezing level, visibility good and the snow hard and compact.On Saturday, American skier Steven Nyman, who finished 25th, will be aiming to match Austrian great Franz Klammer and Italian skier Kristian Ghedina with his fourth Val Gardena downhill win -- although the Norwegians are also favored.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: