ely and have played well. We have a nice streak going, so hopefully that contin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jun 30 '19
After beating ranked opponents Michigan and Syracuse last week, No. Wendell Smallwood Jersey . 20 South Carolina has stepped down in competition this week.But Gamecocks coach Frank Martin -- and his teams leaders -- want nothing to do with any letdown, as they prepare to host Florida International on Sunday.South Carolina handled Vermont rather easily, 68-50, on Thursday to improve to 7-0.However, Martin wasnt pleased with his teams focus in the first half. He warned his players in post-game press conference to be ready to go in practice and in Sundays game.If they dont, I feel bad for them, Martin said. Not because of me, but Sindarius (Thornwell), Duane (Notice), all of those guys.Someone is going get destroyed in practice, if they come out and dont come in here tomorrow ready to work. Thats the beauty of where were at as a program.When Martin arrived at South Carolina four years ago, player-driven discipline wasnt part of the programs makeup. It was something the intense veteran coach had to instill.Martin believes its ingrained in his program now.That had to be me four years ago (getting on players), Martin told reporters. Thats why I got suspended. I had guys that didnt understand that. That had to be me. Now, it doesnt have to be me. Ive got guys that have been through it. Theyre going to go out and practice and theyre going to demand that things be done a certain way.Whenever they see me getting mad, because they see one or two or three guys who arent doing what theyre asked to do, theyve got to deal with internal peer pressure, and its not from the 50-year-old. Its from the guy that lives in the dorm with them. Weve created that, and our leadership is real good.South Carolina and No. 1 Kentucky are the only two unbeaten teams left in the SEC.Thornwell, a versatile 6-5 senior guard, is a big reason the Gamecocks have been so impressive to start the season. He leads the team with 18.7 points per game, 6.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists, ranks in the top 10 in program history in assists and steals.Florida International, under coach Anthony Evans, comes into Sundays game at 3-5, with four of the Golden Panthers losses coming by six points or fewer.Senior forward Michael Kessens set a school record with 23 rebounds in Florida Internationals 84-81 overtime loss to Elon on Thursday. It was the third overtime loss of the season for the Panthers.Senior guard Donte McGill is FIUs primary scoring threat. Hes averaging 19.1 points per game.Kessens is averaging 14.9 points and 12.1 rebounds. The two seniors are the Panthers catalysts for a program in need of a turnaround.Florida International hasnt experienced a winning season since 2012-13 and is coming off a 13-19 campaign.Evans is in his fourth year at Florida International. He has a close relationship with Martin.Anthony (Evans) and I are friends, Martin told reporters after the Vermont game. Anthony and I have known each other for a while. His video guy is like a little brother to me. His dad played for me in high school. ... Its one of those things, it just made sense. Theyre pretty good. Carson Wentz Jersey . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. Nate Sudfeld Jersey . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. DETROIT -- After being activated from the DL earlier in the day,?Tigers?right fielder J.D. Martinez entered Wednesdays game in the eighth inning as a pinch hitter and pounced on the first pitch he saw from?White Sox?pitcher?Chris Sale, sending it into the shrubs above the center-field fence.I saw the pitch coming, and it looked nice and slow, and I just knew, he said.Martinezs solo shot would prove to be the deciding run as Detroit held on for the 2-1 win and extended its winning streak to eight games.?That was like a movie, Detroit infielder Ian Kinsler said. That was something Ive never seen before. It is certainly good to have him back.Martinez, 28, received a long standing ovation when he made his way to the plate to hit for James McCann, and it only got louder as he launched Sales fastball an estimated 434 feet.That was probably the coolest moment of my career, Martinez said. I tried to go up there with a plan, but it was so crazy that I just decided to see the ball and hit the ball.The crowd of 32,526 roared again during the musical tribute until Martinez took a curtain call.If I could thank every fan individually, I would, he said. I didnt know what to do. I wasnt expecting any of that.After playing a double-header with Triple-A Toledo the day before, Martinez didnt start Wednesday but was available to pinch hit if necessary. He is expected to start Thursday.?Martinez had been sidelined since mid-June with a fractured elbow. According to Tigers manager Brad Ausmus, Martinez has been throwing from 290 feet, so throwing from the outfield is not expected to be an issue when he takes the field again.?When I read it, too, I was like, Is this a typo? Ausmus said. But I double-checked. He said he was throwing basically from the outfield wall to home plate.Said Martinez: I threw it hard, threw good, so I dont have any doubt about my throwing.Martinez, who led the team with 38 home runs last season, said the time misssed has been frustrating, though the teams recent success has made it a little less mind-numbing. Greg Ward Jersey. Its definitely been hard, Martinez told reporters of his time away. Its been easier because weve been playing pretty well. I was down there, and Im like, This is sweet. Were gaining ground right now. Everythings good right now. Me and [Jordan Zimmermann] are on the verge of coming back now, and it was just exciting down there watching the games and watching the guys play so well.The Tigers are in the thick of the race for the American League Central, sitting two games behind the Cleveland Indians, who fell 13-5 to the?Twins?on Wednesday. Thats a stark contrast from last season, when the team had essentially waved the white flag, jettisoning a trio of key players at the?trade deadline with the clubs playoff chances looking bleak.Martinez said he is excited to rejoin the team just as the playoff race heats up.Thats what helps teams get through August and September, he said. Its a long last couple months if youre out of it. Youre kind of just grinding through, and the clubhouse is miserable. Last year thats kind of how it felt. Its tough to go out there and play, but you know when youre in it and youve got a shot to get to the playoffs, theres nothing like it.Zimmermann, who was recently activated from the disabled list after being out with a neck strain, will take the mound Thursday in his first appearance since July 4.These guys have been playing great with J.D. down and myself, Zimmermann told reporters. Guys stepped up nicely and have played well. We have a nice streak going, so hopefully that continues [Wednesday] and I can do my part [Thursday] and keep it going. I am just excited to get back.Information from ESPNs Katie Strang and The Associated Press was used in this report.? Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: