just under 10 minutes. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 20 '17
MELBOURNE, Australia - Friends off the court — Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki — face tough tests on Thursday when they play unseeded but potentially dangerous players in the second round at the Australian Open. Eric Tomlinson Jersey .No. 1-ranked Williams, attempting to win her sixth Australian Open title and 19th major, takes on former No. 2-ranked Vera Zvonareva in a day match on Rod Laver Arena day. Wozniacki plays two-time former Australian titleholder Victoria Azarenka in a night encounter on Margaret Court Arena.We have both pretty intense second-round matches, players who have been to the finals and one who has won Grand Slams, Williams says. Its going to be tricky for her and for me as well just to stay focused.Here are some things to watch on Thursday:___HOLDING THE EDGE: Despite winning seven of her nine matches against Zvonareva, Williams is aware of how good a player the 30-year-old Russian was in 2010 when she made it to the Wimbledon and U.S. Open finals and rose to No. 2 in the rankings. That was before a right shoulder injury and subsequent surgery forced Zvonareva off the tour for more than a year. Zvonarevas official ranking now is 203. Its going to be tough, she does so many things well, Williams says. Shes on the way back. I know shes been fighting and playing really hard.___DJOKOVIC, NISHIKORI RETURN: Two players in the top half of the mens draw who could meet in the semifinals — top-seeded and four-time champion Novak Djokovic and U.S. Open runner-up Kei Nishikori — are in action in the second round. Two men who could upset that scenario — Canadian Milos Raonic and defending champion Stan Wawrinka — are also playing Thursday. Djokovic plays Andrey Kuznetsov of Russia and Nishikori takes on Ivan Dodig of Croatia. Eighth-seeded Raonic, in Djokovics quarter of the draw, takes on American Donald Young, while Wawrinka, who could meet Nishikori in the quarterfinals, is up against Marius Copil of Romania.___ANOTHER TOUGH ONE: Wozniacki leads Azarenka 4-3 in their seven meetings. Wozniacki won four in a row before Azarenka, the 2012 and 2013 Australian Open champion, beat Wozniacki in their last meeting at Cincinnati in 2013. Not the easiest on paper (but) honestly, whether you have to beat her in the second round or fourth round, whatever, doesnt matter if you want to win the tournament, says Wozniacki. Azarenka, whose ranking slipped late last year after foot and knee injuries restricted her to just nine tournaments, said shes just happy to be here: Thats my key word for this tournament: Compete.___JUNIOR MEMORIES: Raonics match against Young, the 25-year-old American, brings up a lot of recollections for his opponent from north of the border. A former No. 1-ranked junior and once featured in a weekly newsmagazine article entitled Whos Next? Young was touted to be the next big American player when he began playing professionally at age 15. Hes never quite achieved that potential. He was sort of the poster boy of the way everybody sort of wanted their junior career to go, says Raonic. I definitely followed because there were a lot of tags and labels on him, (I) was aware of sort of what happened, then what he went through. Theres always been a big spotlight on him. Raonic, 24, didnt have a stellar junior career — never getting past the second round of any junior Grand Slam tournament — but hes blossomed into a bona fide top-10 player and considered to have Grand Slam championship potential.__Follow Dennis Passa on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DennisPassa ;Will Tye Jersey .Cullen scored the go-ahead goal at 13:47 of the third period and Nashville beat the slumping Dallas Stars 3-2 on Thursday in a game that wasnt decided until the last shot of the night. Bruce Carter Jersey . They kicked off the still-going trend of host cities winning the Grey Cup and sent Hall of Fame head coach Wally Buono to the front office a champion.I am incredibly lucky in life - fabulous wife, four awesome sons and a great job. Every once in awhile, it seems like life lets dreams become real - and that is a gift. I had one of those moments in Detroit on Tuesday. My son, Landon, played his first NHL game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, his favourite boyhood team. When he phoned me to say he had been called up, I had so many visions of him as a little boy, pretending to be Mats Sundin, the joy we shared in going to the rink and the disappointments along the way. As all parents know, nothing deflates you like a tough day for your child, nothing makes you happier than their success. I happened to be flying to Toronto anyways - for a TSN game the next day - so when I got off the plane, I looked for a text from Landon whether he was in the lineup or not. He knew he would be in wwarm-up and that was enough for me to hop on another flight. Joe Klecko Jersey. And when I got there for warm-up, I saw he was on a line and knew his dream (and mine) was about to become reality. My last game in the NHL - in May of 2002 - was in Detroit. Now Landons first game was going to be in the same arena. I can see the post where Landon and his brother, Matt were waiting for me post-game; we all knew my career was done. Full circle stuff. When the Wings came out of the tunnel, I was looking for that familiar skating stride and there he was. An NHL player. I have to say, the tears came pretty quickly. He played well, just under 10 minutes. I will never forget this night. What an incredible night for our family, and in particular, for Landon. Im so proud. Share you thoughts with Ray Ferraro on Twitter at @rayferrarotsn. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: