nce Im able to check that box, the next two goals are to get back to competitive racing and, hopefully, make the World Team this summer fo | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jun 29 '19
TORONTO -- The Boston Red Sox can make sure they will return home with the American League East lead with one more win at Rogers Centre this weekend. Tae Davis Jersey .They can also open up some daylight in the division with a win Saturday in the middle encounter of a three-game series with the second-place Toronto Blue Jays.The Red Sox opened a two-game lead over the Blue Jays Friday with a 13-3 romp at Rogers Centre.The Baltimore Orioles also lost Friday and are three games behind the Red Sox.The Red Sox return to Fenway Park Monday to open a three-game series with the Orioles.In any series you play, the first game is pivotal, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. We were able to do it tonight. Were all sitting here with 22 games to play. Every team is the team to beat right now.The Blue Jays offered little resistance in losing their fourth game in a row, committing two errors that did not give a real indication of how poorly they played in the field.Overall it was a blah, not a very well-played game, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. It was uncharacteristic and well just put it behind us. We havent played good baseball over the last week.The game Friday was the opener of a six-game homestand for the Blue Jays, who completed a 3-6 road trip to Baltimore, Tampa Bay and New York, where they were swept in three games by the Yankees.Marco Estrada, who allowed four runs (three earned) in 2 1/3 innings in his shortest start of the season, needed all the defensive help he could get and got none.Nothing went our way today and obviously it started with me, Estrada said. When your starting pitcher is out there making a bunch of pitches like that, it brings everybody down a little bit. Ive got to get quick outs, this cant keep happening. Were in a tight race.The Red Sox got another good start from Rick Porcello, who held Toronto to two runs in seven innings to become the first 20-game winner in the majors this season.The teams appear to be going in different directions.We had some good fortune on our side and were able to take advantage of some miscues on their part, Farrell said. You give a team extra outs and its probably going to come back to haunt you a little bit.The Blue Jays play has been alarming to their fans and J.A. Happ (17-4, 3.44 ERA) will try to turn things around Saturday when he goes for his 18th win of the season and his first since Aug. 17.Happ is 0-1 with a 6.43 earned-run average in three starts since his last win.He did not factor into the decision Sunday in a 5-3 Toronto win over the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. Happ allowed six hits and three runs in 2 2/3 innings in that outing, his shortest since May 16.In 11 career games, including 10 starts, Happ is 4-3 with a 3.81 ERA against the Red Sox. This season the left-hander is 1-0 with a 1.29 ERA in one start against them.The Red Sox will counter with left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez (2-6, 4.83 ERA).In nine starts since the All-Star break, Rodriguez has an ERA of 2.73 and has allowed three or fewer earned runs in eight of those outings. In his past five starts, he is 0-2 with a 2.83 ERA. He allowed five runs, four hits and three walks against the Blue Jays on June 5. Saquon Barkley Jersey . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Austin Droogsma Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http:///...m-akinmoladun-jersey . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. Run Mama Run is a film series created for the espnW Film Fellowship, presented by Walmart. The five-episode digital series, introduced in Summer 2016,?follows elite runner Sarah Brown, who was training to make the 2016 U.S. Olympic track team while pregnant.Director Daniele Anastasion caught up with Sarah Brown and her husband/coach Darren Brown to learn about life and training after the Olympic trials.Daniele Anastasion: What did you learn from this entire year?Sarah Brown: I learned that you can always handle more than you think you can. You always rise to the occasion when youre faced with the fire.Knowing what you know now, would you go through it all over again?SB: Everything that I could control and every decision I made, I would not take back. Every time we faced a roadblock, we never gave up and we made the decision to keep moving forward. In life in general, thats all you can ask of yourself. To face the difficult moments, the adversity, and keep moving forward.If you look at it at face value, in black and white terms, I failed. I didnt make the Olympic team. Its not even one of those things like, oh, you learn from your failures and try harder next time. No, I did everything I could, and I still failed. But I grew as a person from that failure. And so on a whole other level, it was a major gain.Darren Brown: I hope what comes out of it for people who watch the series is that this transcends athletics. We just did everything we could, with what was in our control. You have to be happy with what life gives you back. That transcends sports. All you can do is the best that you can, and at the end of the day, youre not going to have any what ifs.Did you watch the Olympic running events?SB: You cheer really hard for the Americans, and I was rooting especially hard for my New Balance teammates.DB: This Olympic Games, both Emma [Coburn] and Jenny [Simpson] won bronze medals and they were the first Olympic medals for the U.S. in those events. Abbey DAgostino fell, severely injured her knee, yet still helped another woman up who had also fallen, and finished the race despite the injury and adversity. She embodied the Olympic spirit. Im not officially a part of Team New Balance, but I felt pride knowing that those women represented the New Balance team Sarah competes for.After not making the team, how did you channel all of that energy? Are you training again?SB: After everything that happened, I just needed a moment to breathe. Jon Halapio Jersey. It was a whirlwind, and it was physically and emotionally draining. Afterward, it was kind of a moment where Darren and I could let our breath out. With the Achilles injury being the last blow, I think we both just needed a moment to gather our breath and relax.I did have to take a good amount of time off from running, but returned to cross-training after a short break. My Achilles was really banged up after the Trials and Im trying to rehab back from that. I recently added running back into my routine. While Im still battling some of those issues, Im making progress. I was able to get my long run back up to 10 miles this weekend and, while being cautious, we are taking steps forward every day.Whats a typical day like for the family now?SB: I get to stay home with my daughter and raise her, but I still have a daily rehab and workout routine. Darren has a full-time job, so we still have to get creative in terms of finding ways for me to do workouts in the morning. Im doing stuff on the ElliptiGO inside while Abigail naps in the pack and play next to me -- she loves the sound of the ElliptiGO! When I do have really long sessions -- over 2 hours -- I have a little iPad situation set up so she can watch cartoons to keep her engaged when shes not napping.DB: At nine months we can start using Abigails bugaboo running stroller, and were looking forward to being able to go out for a run together as a family.Whats next? Is there another goal on the horizon?SB: Darren is a big believer in making me vocalize and write down my goals each year. That said, we are both aligned that the highest priority goal right now is to get back to 100 percent health and 100 percent training load. Given some of the complications postpartum, weve known that this would take time, so we are staying focused on that.Once Im able to check that box, the next two goals are to get back to competitive racing and, hopefully, make the World Team this summer for London 2017. We are taking it one step at a time, but without losing focus on the big picture. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: