the time? That kithe time? That ki | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jun 19 '19
ANN ARBOR, Mich. Wayne Gretzky Jersey . -- Jim Harbaugh is still mad about a call that went against Michigan during a blowout win of Illinois over the weekend.Harbaugh challenged the spot of a 7-yard pass on a third-and-9 from the Illinois 41 with 2:04 left in a game the second-ranked Wolverines were winning 41-8. After it wasnt overturned by video review, Harbaugh brought up the decision following his postgame news conference on Saturday.Two days later, Harbaugh was still stewing about it. Asked Monday about star player Jabrill Peppers, Harbaugh instead brought up what he calls the worst call in the game of football.A reporter suggested perhaps the call wasnt reversed because of the score.Harbaugh responded: Is that in the rulebook?Michigan plays Saturday at Michigan State.---Online: AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.org Dmitrij Jaskin Jersey . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Oskar Sundqvist Jersey . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. http://www.wholesalebluesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-tony-twist-jersey .ca. Kerry,  Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count?  All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. This is an online exclusive story from ESPN The Magazines Body Issue 2016. Subscribe today!?And for more from the 2016 Body Issue, check out espn.com/bodyissue,?and pick up a copy on newsstands starting July 8.Eight-time AMA Supercross and Motocross champion Ryan Dungey is not afraid of hurtling through the air atop a 220-pound machine. He is also apparently not afraid to pose for the world in his birthday suit. But roller coasters? Thats where he draws the line. Dungey is currently on the mend after suffering a cracked vertebra in a crash at the Thunder Valley National in June. But before that, Dungey talked to Body Issue reporter Morty Ain about his training regimen, being a perfectionist ... and that nagging fear of roller coasters.ON BUILDING THE PERFECT MOTOCROSS BODY We use our legs a lot; our legs are always acting as our suspension. If you think about riding a dirt bike, you are hanging on to the handlebars, but you have your core and your lats trying to control the side-to-side and up-and-down movement of the rear. Meanwhile, your legs are working to push the bike to the ground and to grip the bike tight and squeeze. Its multiple areas and its full body. I dont think theres a muscle that I dont use.I definitely think the physicality of the sport is overlooked and underappreciated. Anybody who gets on a dirt bike would be quick to find out that its a very hard workout. Nobody can see our faces underneath [our helmets]; our faces are beet red. Picture running up a steep incline at 5 or 10 percent grade for 35 minutes at a pace where youre dang near about to quit -- youre at your max and you cant take no more. Thats what were feeling when were on a dirt bike. It takes a lot of suffering.We get a break at the end of the season for five weeks where we dont ride at all and we let the body recharge. Well cycle and all that, but then I hop on the dirt bike and Im sore from head to toe. It blows my mind. I think we underestimate how much muscle in certain areas we use. Its really full body.ON TRAINING At the end of the day, Ive been fortunate to race a dirt bike for a living. But its a lot of hard work. Well put in about 10 to 15 hours a week in training, and if youre not training, youre resting. And if youre not resting, youre training. So its a 24-hour job.Our outdoor races are 70 minutes, and usually those races are in the summertime, so you can bet that its going to be hot. It will get close to 100 degrees out there. We have a lot of gear too. The bike might be 220 pounds, but then we have another 15 pounds of gear on average between your helmet and boots and everything. So you sweat a lot.On our heaviest day out, I would say were consuming anywhere from 6,000 to 7,500 calories. In one moto race, were burning 750 to 800 calories. So in one race day, were burning about 1,500 calories just racing.Fitness is very key. These days, everybody is training, where before in our sport, everybody just rode. We spend probably on average 120 to 150 miles a week on the bicycle -- a road bike. We do a little bit of cardio every day before we go riding. Like today, we put on 30 miles outside in the morning. We do a lot of cycling because its not a lot of impact on your knees as much as running would be, but you still get that good base endurance. I enjoy cycling. Growing up, I enjoyed watching the Tour de France and stuff like that. For me, Ive always worked out and enjoyed fitness -- aside from all the racing and the riding. If I didnt do this for a living, I still would be active, I still would be involved in health and wellness and exercise. I like to be fit and lean and strong.ON HIS FEAR OF ROLLER COASTERS Roller coasters? Oh dude, Im not a fan. I think its a control thing [laughs]. On the dirt bike, I feel like Im in control. But when it comes to all that stuff, my mind gets thinking too much. I will go on them. Ill go on a ride with my wife, but Im not pumping about it. Ill put myself through it, but yeah, Im scared out of my mind in those photos, and here she is with a big ol smile on her face [laughs]. Its uncomfortable. But Ill take one for the team.ON BEING A PUDGY KID As a young kid, I got a littlle pudgy. Vladimir Sobotka Jersey. I didnt like that; I think I felt a little insecure. I grew up in Minnesota. You cant ride a dirt bike up there in the snow unless you put studs in the tires and go out on the frozen lakes. Between the cold and being inside all the time, you get bored, so youre probably eating. Wed go snowboarding and snowmobiling a little bit, but youre not burning as many calories as you would be during the summer riding around, swimming in the lakes, jumping in the pool. Yeah, I got a little pudgy [laughs].ON BEING A PERFECTIONIST I used to beat myself up a little bit. If Im going to do something, I want to do it right. I dont want to half-ass it. I put in way too much hard work to just go out there and get second and third. I dont think its a bad thing. I enjoy that, trying to get the best results and giving it my best.Early in my career, I didnt know how to handle the stresses. How do I be there every single weekend? Then I started trying to control things and the expectations of all this stuff. That wore on me early in my career. But now its like, My best is my best. I put in the hours, so I know when I get to the race Ive done everything I could. Im prepared. What we practiced, apply it to the race. Have a plan of attack and go for it. Learning how to manage that was probably the biggest mental challenge for me.ON KEEPING IT LOOSE My biggest body challenge is trying to keep it flexible and loose. Riding a dirt bike, you tense up. You are squeezing that bike real tight the whole time, whether you know it or not. Squeezing the bike all the time makes your groin really tight, so thats one of the things that gets overlooked in our sport. People think they can ride, they can cycle, they can run, they can do all these things and they dont have to stretch. Well, over time that starts to catch up to you; your body starts to get tight, you get sore and youre more likely to pull something. Ive learned that a body that is loose and nimble and flexible -- whether you get massages or [do] stretching or yoga -- it will perform better.Ive been very thankful that I havent had to go through a lot of injuries. There was a point where I was training and riding so much -- it was a good thing because I found the limits of what I could and couldnt handle. I was pushing my body to the limits. I was thinking that more was better. It hit a point where it just stopped, where I just said, I cant do this anymore. That was my fault. I wasnt resting. I was overtraining.Usually when injuries happen its because people get fatigued at the end of a race. Thats when mistakes happen, the mind starts to fade. So all this preparation is very important. Sometimes being stronger, healthy and more fit can be the difference. When you hit the ground and youre stronger, you can take more. Thats why its important to be in shape.Ive had some collarbone injuries -- broken collarbones and broken wrists and stuff like that. People think, Oh, its all fun and games. Yeah, a 450 bike has over 60 horsepower; if you disrespect it, you are going to find yourself on the ground. Theres a lot of respect youve got to have for the bike and for the sport. Youve got to be smart and put yourself in good positions and know what you can and cant handle.ON RETIREMENT Back in the day, all these guys at the professional level were older guys. Now its like they are all kids. Theres a lot of talent. The younger kids coming up, they almost bring the next level to the sport. They come into my class -- the 450 class -- where they bring more intensity, they bring more fire. Youve got to understand that I have to rise above that every single time, constantly trying to bring kid energy. You know when you are a kid you just always have that energy all the time? That kind of starts to go away as you get older. I dont want that to happen, so I train hard. Theres just more up-and-coming guys, theres more talent, theres more competition. I want to do this as long as I can be on top. But the second that I cant, then its time to walk away. ' ' ' 
Share: