I’ll be doing comprehensive scouting reports | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
zhangzk
zhangzk Jun 9 '19

Jacksonville Jaguars draft selections from now up until OTAs.Last week Donte Moncrief Jerseys Stitched , I spotlighted Kentucky defensive end and linebacker Josh Allen. ..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsWhat are the Jaguars getting in Jawaan Taylor?New,15commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareWhat are the Jaguars getting in Jawaan Taylor?I’ll be doing comprehensive scouting reports on each of the Jacksonville Jaguars draft selections from now up until OTAs.Last week, I spotlighted Kentucky defensive end and linebacker Josh Allen. This week, I break down new Jaguars right tackle Jawaan Taylor.Background and charactergets walked back into the lap of his quarterback. Even if he gets surprised by a strong initial surge, he does well to re-center and plant into the ground to wane the rusher’s advance. Taylor has heavy hands and packs a punch, but must consolidate his initial stab to not telegraph it to opposing pass rushers who can exploit this on film. Luckily for Taylor, he possesses the quick footwork to recover and get back in the path of the rusher and do his job, but he will need to refine this at the NFL level. Once Taylor gets his vice grips on a defender Womens Landry Jones Jersey , he is very difficult to disengage from due to his arm length and spirited hand fighting to combat counter moves. Taylor actually looks like he has Velcro attached to his gloves on some reps.In this rep, Taylor will gives too much cushion and respect to Josh Allen, dropping too far back in his kick slide and allowing Allen an inside lane off a counter spin to the quarterback where Taylor has to resort to grabbing. To be fair, it’s a great effort by Allen, but these are the caliber pass rushers Taylor will be going up against week-in and week-out.Fortunately for Taylor, he’s a quick study. Here is Allen trying to beat Taylor inside later in the game in the third quarter, and Taylor suffocates the space with urgency in his footwork to seal off Allen from his pursuit.In the run game, Taylor’s best asset is not necessarily his leg drive and “mauler mentality Donte Moncrief Jersey ,” but rather his ability to maintain upfield control and the ability to “pivot” out defenders to create clear rushing lanes for his runner. This usually requires tremendous core strength and upper body/hip flexibility to be able to dictate where you’re going to spindle the run of play.Taylor may not have the athletic profile of a Lane Johnson, but he has enough athleticism to be a factor on pulls. Look here as gets all the way to the opposite C gap to plow the way for his runner.Taylor can also expediently get out in space to block on screens – something he will likely be asked to do often in John DeFilippo’s offense this year.That’s not to say he’s not good at using his leg drive to push defenders off the line and impose his will. While Taylor has shown ability to finish blocks (as seen directly above), I’d like to see him do this more consistently and make it more of a mentality staple. Perhaps I’m affected from having to study the Oklahoma offensive lines and Dalton Risner from my Big 12 review (Risner, Ben Powers, Cody Ford, Dru Samia all looked to bury guys every other play), but maybe Taylor can unlock some of that pent up rage from being passed over in the first round on some divisional opponents.Taylor needs more mental refinement and discipline in his game as early movement/false starts could be a potential issue, and with that being one of Cam Robinson’s issues as a rookie http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-a.j.-bouye-jersey , this could be a less than an ideal pairing in this regard.ProjectionNFL teams have discussed moving Taylor to guard, and the Baltimore Ravens were reportedly split 50/50 between Taylor and Marquise Brown, with Ravens beat reporter Jeff Zrebiec revealing the Ravens would have moved Taylor inside to guard if selected. In Jacksonville, Taylor will compete with Will Richardson (and Cedric Ogbuehi) at right tackle with the Taylor/Richardson loser being kicked inside to right guard after the sun sets on A.J. Cann’s eventual boot from Jacksonville. I don’t expect Taylor to lose that battle, which means Will Richardson better show some urgency in OTAs and training camp to prove his long-term value to the team with some positional versatility.Outside of medical, the concern for Taylor would be whether he would fall back to his old eating habits after having life-changing money and becoming too comfortable as a professional, but his focus seems to have shifted to make the most of his opportunity and try to earn a second contract with the team. If you’ve perused through the background/character section of this report, you’ll know that backslide is unlikely with Taylor’s renewed dedication to being great and proving the other 31 teams that they were wrong. After a thorough evaluation of Taylor Womens Leonard Fournette Jersey , I see the right tackle position to be, at the minimum, as productive for the Jaguars in 2019 as it was with Jermey Parnell even with Taylor being an inexperienced rookie. The ceiling is quite high for Taylor to grow in 2020 and beyond and it will ultimately be up to him how good he wants to be since he has the physical tools and athleticism to be a top five right tackle in the NFL if he develops. Ultimately, the Jaguars front office was ecstatic with Taylor being selected in the second round.Fans should be too. The Jacksonville Jaguars signed former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Alex McGough to a future contract on Tuesday.McGough was a seventh-round pick of Seattle last May out of Florida International and spent the entire season on the team’s practice squad. He was only the second quarterback the Seahawks have drafted since Pete Carroll and John Schneider took control of the team in 2010 with Russell Wilson being the first. McGough was the only member of Seattle’s 10-man practice squad not to sign a future contract with the Seahawks after the season. When his practice squad deal expired on Monday, McGough quickly reached a deal to return to Florida with the Jaguars.McGough completed 36 of 62 passes for 416 yards with three touchdowns and an interception in four preseason games for the Seahawks.He may have a better chance cracking a 53-man roster and finding playing time with the Jaguars as they likely move on from Blake Bortles this offseason.

Share: