Dan Carcillo was banned for 10 games for jos | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 14 '17
PARIS – Milos Raonic almost seemed offended by the question. Tom Jackson Jersey . On Wednesday, Raonic was asked about the challenges that will come facing Frenchman Gilles Simon at the French Open on Friday with a partisan Parisian crowd likely looking to influence the outcome of the third-round match. "The lines are the same, courts are the same, go out there and play tennis," Raonic said describing his approach. So, a hostile crowd doesnt bother the eighth seed at all? "I hope not," Raonic quipped. The Thornhill, Ont. native is used to playing in enemy territory. Last year he beat Frenchman Michael Llodra, ranked 55th at the time, in four sets in the second round at Roland Garros. He beat James Blake in straight sets in the third round of the US Open in 2012 although the American did enter the match ranked 114th.  Raonic has fallen victim to the hometown hero at a slam, though, losing to former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt in four sets at the Australian Open two years ago. But Raonic insists the Australian fans had no impact on him.  "I think the only thing it really brought out was the best in Lleyton. I dont think it really got down on me. I have been in situations since then, I have played James in New York, so I have been in similar situations and I cant really predict, assume, or worry too much about whats going to be happening and whats going to be said. Ive got to focus really on just playing." Most recently, Raonic posted an impressive five-set marathon win over Janko Tipsarevic during Davis Cup play in Belgrade last year. He lost to Novak Djokovic in straight sets a couple days later although the opening set went to a tiebreak. "Its never easy playing Novak with a Serbian crowd. There are many situations I have already been in. I have learned from them and I just keep it within myself. I just focus on myself," the 23-year-old said. Simon and Raonic played just once before with Raonic triumphing in a tight three-set battle in Portugal (Estoril) three years ago.  "I played him on clay there," Raonic said. "I think Im a much better player than I was back then, but at the same time I believe he plays much better here than he does throughout the rest of the clay events." Simon, the 29th seed, has cruised through his first two matches of this years French Open dropping just 11 games. In contrast, Raonic has lost 23. "Its going to be a difficult match," Raonic said. "But I think I will have my opportunities to take control and dictate and thats going to be the most important thing." Raonic has run into some rough patches early in his two matches in the French capital. He was forced into a tiebreaker in the opening set against Jiri Vesely on Wednesday ultimately besting the 81st-ranked Czech 7-6(4), 6-4, 6-1. "I felt like in the beginning I was just missing a little bit of intensity and I was letting him dictate a little bit too much. Then in the important moments I played the right way," Raonic explained. "At the beginning of the second, I sort of fell into the same slump a little bit with intensity, but then I feel like I did the right thing for the rest of the match and I gave myself plenty of opportunities." Raonic was asked why, at times, intensity is an issue early in these matches. "Sometimes you go in maybe sort of calculating, because it is three out of five, which youre a little bit unused to because [most tournaments are best of three]. I think thats really the only thing. And, also, at the beginning of matches you sort of try to find your way into it. You cant go out trying to hit close to the line, because thats never going to really work. Maybe once in a while it will, but you sort of have to find your way in. I just wasnt gradually picking it up the way I needed to during the first." In general, though, Raonic is happy with how his tournament is progressing. He beat Australian wildcard Nick Kyrgios 6-3, 7-6, 6-3 in the first round on Sunday. "I feel like Im playing better and I think I dealt a little bit better with it when I got things figured out as far as intensity. I held it on a little bit better where I struggled a little bit with my match three days ago." Adam Gotsis Jersey .C. -- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe is resigning after 13 seasons at the school. Todd Davis Jersey .  Go to turbozone.ca to see more of his epic work and you can follow him on twitter (@Turbo_Zone). Gaurav Shastri - A tribute to the amazing fan base who stand outside during games at "Jurassic Park" and an unbelievable shot of Paul Pierce fearing a Raptor.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said early Wednesday that theres no need for supplemental discipline for New York defenceman John Moore in the wake of his punishing hit on Montreal forward Dale Weise in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final. "It doesnt meet the league standard as far as a late hit," Vigneault told reporters at a Wednesday morning availability in Montreal the day after the Habs 7-4 win. "It was a hit that Johnny caught him a little high in the chest, (the) player didnt see it coming. "It probably warrants the penalty that was given on the ice. Other than that, I dont see what else it could warrant, but Ive been surprised before. Well see what happens." Moore was suspended two games later on Wednesday for an illegal check to the head. Moore was given a major penalty and ejected from Tuesday nights game at Montreals Bell Centre when, at 10:41 of the third period, he nailed Weise with a blindside open-ice hit that was almost identical to Montreal forward Brandon Prusts unpenalized hit on Derek Stepan in Game 3. Prust, who had been suspended once before by the league, was subsequently given a two-game ban for the late check, which the NHL deemed as interference. Vigneault said the two cases were different. "Well, the player didnt see him coming, obviously, but the guy (Weise) was admiring his pass a little bit at the same time. Unfortunately, it was a hit and because of the force of the hit, the head seemed to snap back a litttle bit. Carlos Henderson Jersey. But as far as what I know about league standards and from what I heard from the Prust hit where the dynamics of the hit changed because Stepan was hurt, I dont see that at this time right now." Stepans jaw was broken by Prusts hit but the Rangers centre returned to action Tuesday after undergoing surgery, and scored two goals while wearing a chin guard. Weises helmet was knocked off after Tuesday nights hit and he was wobbly when he got up, with teammate P.K. Subban grabbing him in a bear hug for support. He left for treatment but returned to the bench late in the period. Montreal coach Michel Therrien did not take umbrage at Vigneaults assessment of the play. "What Alain is saying its normal. Hes there to protect his players with his comments, and any coach is going to say those types of things. But we all saw the hit. Its in the leagues hands and Im sure theyre going to take the good decision, so thats the way we see it." Moore plays on New Yorks third defensive pairing with Kevin Klein. Tuesdays win staved off elimination for Montreal, narrowing the Rangers lead in the series to three games to two. Game 6 is Thursday at Madison Square Garden. The series has already seen two suspensions — New Yorks Dan Carcillo was banned for 10 games for jostling a linesman in the wake of the Prust hit. Asked if Raphael Diaz would be the replacement for Moore if suspended, Vigneault replied: "Were not there yet. I dont expect anything." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: