has been an amazing year, I cant ask for a | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 13 '17
ALLEN PARK, Mich. Cheap Oilers Jerseys China . -- Matthew Stafford started playing quarterback back in the fourth grade when his father also put him at linebacker in six-on-six tackle football.He played both ways over the next two years before moving onto middle school and sticking to taking snaps and throwing spirals.As Stafford enters the 100th game of his career with the Detroit Lions on Sunday at home against the Washington Redskins, his first coach fondly recalls his hard-hitting start in the game.What Matthew loved more than anything else was playing middle linebacker because he just loved to tackle, John Stafford said Wednesday. And, he still loves to hit even when he shouldnt.The latest example was after the final snap in Sundays win over the Los Angeles Rams. Stafford was startled, and clearly upset, when one of his linemen was pushed back into him on the first of two kneel-down plays in the final minutes. So after going down on a knee the second time, Stafford charged into the lines and started shouting at the Rams.Sometimes, his old linebacker mentality does come to the surface.I used to love, still kind of do, the physical part of the game, he said. We dont get to block or run over people, or do a whole bunch of stuff that tough guys get to do at quarterback.Staffords toughness was questioned early in his career. After Detroit drafted him No. 1 overall in 2009, he missed six games as a rookie and 13 his second season because of injuries. Since the 2011 season, though, he has not missed a game and that durability has quickly added up to 99 games overall.Certain days, it feels like a blink of the eye, Stafford said. Other days, physically, it feels like eight years.But I feel good.He has been playing better than good this season, carrying over his performance from the second half of last season when he and new offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter began to click.Stafford has career highs in completion rate (69 percent) and quarterback rating (106) and has 14 touchdown passes, ranking among the NFLs top three in each category. He has thrown just four interceptions in six games.In Detroits past two wins against Philadelphia and Los Angeles , he completed three-fourths of his passes with seven TDs, no interceptions and set up game-winning kicks within the last 2 minutes.Hes got the arm to make all the throws, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. The touch throws, the launch throws, the drive-it-between-two-or-three-defender-type throws.For the first time in his career, Stafford doesnt have Calvin Johnson to throw to and it isnt slowing him down. And to make Staffords start even more impressive, he has won games with the teams top three running backs and top two tight ends unavailable because of injury.With Johnson the previous seven years and receivers such as Marvin Jones and Golden Tate this season, Stafford will be at the top of some lists for NFL quarterbacks when he hits the century mark for games played Sunday.He already has thrown for more yards (27,624) than anyone else through 100 games, putting him ahead of Dan Marino, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.He also has more completions (2,392) than anyone in league history through 100 games, leading a list that includes Matt Ryan, Manning, Drew Brees, Marino and Warner. His total number of games (18) with 350 yards passing also surpasses any quarterback through 100 games, just ahead of Marino and Warner.Matt Millen, the man who selected Stafford, pumped the breaks on comparisons between Stafford and all-time greats.The thing I would temper when you look at the company hes with in those categories is that the game has changed so much, said Millen, the former Lions president and general manager. You cant put your hands on receivers after 5 yards.Stafford said he cares most about wins. He has fewer of those than he has losses, giving him a career record of 45-54 with a franchise that has been historically bad since winning the 1957 NFL title.The talent base wasnt really good when he got there the year after they were 0-16, his father said.Game notes TE Eric Ebron (ankle, knee) didnt practice, but was able to run without a limp. ... WR Corey Fuller, who has been on the physically unable to perform list since Aug. 30, did participate in practice. ... LB DeAndre Levy (knee, quadriceps), DT Haloti Ngata (shoulder) and RB Theo Riddick (ankle) were held out of practice while DE Ezekiel Ansah (ankle), OG Larry Warford (groin) and RB Dwayne Washington (ankle) were limited. ... S Glover Quin said he was fined significantly, for hitting the head and neck area of Los Angeles Rams WR Tavon Austin on a play that drew a penalty for unnecessary toughness in Sundays win. Quin said he will appeal.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Larry Lage at http://www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage ;Cheap Oilers Jerseys Authentic . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Cheap Adidas Oilers Jerseys . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. http://www.cheapedmontonoilersjerseys.com/ . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Sania Mirza is unperturbed at the prospect of losing her number one individual doubles ranking as she prepares to begin her campaign at the WTA Finals in Singapore. Mirza, who has been ranked number one for 80 weeks, a stretch extending back to April 2015, can be displaced if she fails to win the event. Three players - top seeds Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic besides Bethanie Mattek-Sands, who is paired with Lucie Safarova - can potentially overtake her at the end of the tournament.Nobody remains number one forever, Mirza told ESPN from Singapore. When I got to number one last year in April it was huge, it was a dream come true and honestly I didnt really think I would stay there for 80 weeks. It has been an amazing journey to be at the top for this long. But even if I lose the number one ranking, thats not going to change anything. I will just be inspired to come back and work harder because I try and win every tournament that I play, thats how I have looked at my whole career. I dont look at the numbers, I think they just take care of themselves.Ready or not - here we come ???????? @WTA @mhingis #SanTina pic.twitter.com/6sRrna02BG- Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) 25 October 2016Mirza will be rejoining forces with Martina Hingis in Singapore after having split with her following an early exit at Montreal in July. The pair had already assured themselves of a spot in this elite field of eight teams by continuing their sparkling run from 2015 into the early phase of this year. They won their first four tournaments of the year including the Australian Open, their third consecutive Grand Slam title. However, once their streak of 41-straight match wins - the third best run in the history of womens doubles - was ended in Doha in February, the pairing endured a slump of sorts.Team SanTina, as they came to be called, won only one of their next ten tournaments and took the decision to part ways. Mirza teamed up with Barbora Strycova and has enjoyed an upswing in fortunes towards the latter half of the season, collecting titles in Cincinnati and Tokyo besides another one with Romanian Monica Niculescu in New Haven. However, Mirza insists combining forces once again with Hingis hasnt been awkward or difficult in any way. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys. e got here a few days earlier deliberately because we wanted to practice and feel that chemistry again and it has been really good, she said. We have been practicing together and its been going really well. We are looking forward to playing together, the chemistry doesnt really go anywhere, if you have it you just have it.Mirza and Hingis will start the tournament as defending champions, having scorched the field last year on their way to the crown. Mirza, in fact, won the season ending championships, regarded as the biggest tournament on the circuit outside of the four Grand Slams, in 2014 as well, with Zimbabwes Cara Black. Like the previous couple of years, she expects support from the large Indian diaspora in Singapore, though Mirza says playing conditions this time around are slightly different.This year the court seems slightly slower and the ball is bouncing quite low, she said. The last couple of years too it was slow but it was bouncing a bit more. But being indoors there is no wind to deal with and it isnt too hot or too cold. I like playing indoors.Unlike the singles that is played in a round-robin format with the eight players divided into groups of four, the doubles draw is a knockout competition. Mirza and Hingis open up against the Chan sisters from Taipei, a team Mirza describes as very tough, having encountered them several times over her career. She insists however that the prospect of a hat-trick of titles in Singapore isnt burdening her with any additional pressure.You are going to win matches and you are going to lose, she says. I like playing in Singapore, I have had such good results here. The format is different to last year so the margin of error is obviously lesser. This is the best of the best, literally if you look at the draw any team can win the tournament. Thats good for tennis, but every match is going to be tough.It has been an amazing year, I cant ask for a better year. I won a Grand Slam, won eight tournaments and I am back at the WTA finals and I have been number one all year. Eight tournaments is a lot by any standards. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: