may return at some point is "definitely a huge | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 17 '17
NEW YORK, N. William Gay Jersey .Y. - Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel helped the Philadelphia 76ers put a stylish end to their losing streak against the Brooklyn Nets.Carter-Williams passed to Noel for a tiebreaking dunk with 3 seconds left, sending Philadelphia to a 90-88 victory over Brooklyn on Friday night.A lot of credit to Michael for creating, Noel said. He got by his defender and I saw him driving my way. I found an open spot and he was able to find me and I finished.It was the 76ers first win against the Nets since a 121-120 overtime victory on Dec. 20, 2013. The Sixers had lost four in a row against the Nets, and their last five in Brooklyn.Brook Lopez made a tying jumper for the Nets with 25 seconds to go. After Philadelphia took a timeout, Carter-Williams ran off some of the clock before driving and dishing to Noel for the winning jam.I knew I wanted to penetrate the defence and either see if I could get a shot at the basket or a pull-up, Carter-Williams said. But once I saw the defence coming to help on me — and Nerlens made a great play by finding the open area — I knew hed have a good chance of scoring.Lopez, who led the Nets with 18 points, missed on a desperation 3-point attempt at the buzzer.Robert Covington scored 20 points for Philadelphia, and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute had 16. Noel finished with 12.Five of the Sixers six wins this season have come on the road.Mason Plumlee had 15 points and a career-high 15 rebounds for Brooklyn, which has dropped four in a row. Jarret Jack had 14 points and 10 assists, and Joe Johnson scored 13 points.The Nets played without Deron Williams and Kevin Garnett. Williams is out with a fractured rib, and the 38-year-old Garnett got the night off to rest.We may have played the score a bit, playing not to lose instead of playing to win, Jack said. We may have lost that aggressive edge that we had throughout the majority of the game.Philadelphia trailed by as many as 13 points in the second half, but grabbed its first lead since midway through the first quarter when Tony Wrotens three-point play made it 88-86 with 2:41 to go.Wroten finished with 12 points.We got down by 13 but give them credit, Sixers coach Brett Brown. They find a way to compete. They represent the city of Philadelphia and they represent themselves with a level of spirit and toughness most nights, and Im proud of them for that.The Nets opened a 68-55 lead on Bojan Bogdanovics basket with 2:19 left in the third quarter. They carried a 71-64 advantage into the final period.Nobody played well in the fourth. We had 17 points, Brooklyn coach Lionel Hollins said.QUOTABLEThis is tough. Were in a bad rut right now and we got to find some way to get out of it, Johnson said. We had a double-digit lead and it never seems to be safe. Its like we always let a team back in it with our mistakes.OFF TARGETBrooklyn went 19 for 27 from the free-throw line and 3 for 16 from 3-point range.TIP-INS76ers: Philadelphia went 10 for 17 at the line. ... Carter-Williams finished with eight points, eight assists and seven rebounds.Nets: Brooklyn shot 45 per cent (33 for 73) from the field.UP NEXT76ers: Host Indiana on Saturday.Nets: Visit Detroit on Saturday. Jesse James Jersey .com) - The Los Angeles Kings werent playing their best hockey before the league went on break during the Winter Olympics. Darrius Heyward-Bey Jersey . Henrik Samuelsson and Luke Bertolucci also scored for the Oil Kings, who are now 9-0 on home ice in the playoffs to cut Portlands series lead to 2-1. Chase De Leo and Mathew Dumba responded for the Winterhawks, who suffered just their fourth loss in their last 46 games, a string of success running all the way back to Jan.The latest on injured Avalanche forward Matt Duchene remains a mystery. On Sunday, head coach Patrick Roy said the teams leading scorer will skate at Mondays morning practice and the club will make a decision on his status for Game 6 at that point. Duchene has been out since damaging the MCL in his left knee when he ran into a teammate againstt San Jose on March 29. Mike Wagner Jersey. . Hes been skating on his own all week, before joining the team Saturday hours before a pivotal game in a series tied at 2. Rookie Nathan MacKinnon says that knowing Duchene may return at some point is "definitely a huge momentum boost for us." Duchene had 70 points in the regular season.Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: