ceded 78 percent of posssession but | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 21 '19
HOMESTEAD, Fla. Under Armour Outlet Uk . -- Theres a changing of the guard occurring in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and Joey Logano is leading the charge.The 26-year-old Connecticut native has qualified among the final four drivers to compete for the Sprint Cup title in two of three years since NASCAR adopted an elimination playoff-style format to determine its annual champion.Logano is the youngest driver to reach the final four, and he is in position to become NASCARs youngest Cup Series champion since Jeff Gordon took the honors in 1995 at age 24. The only obstacle standing in his way is the Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, where he needs to beat six-time Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards and defending Cup Series titlist Kyle Busch in a straight fight.In a sport where longtime star Gordon retired (theoretically) at the end of the 2015 season and three-time champion Tony Stewart is ready to exit the big stage, the younger generation is taking over. Johnson and other top Cup stars like Kevin Harvick and Matt Kenseth are all over 40 and likely soon to be thinking about following Gordons and Stewarts lead.Meanwhile, Logano and a band of rising twenty-somethings who are trying to become NASCARs future champions and stars are trying to capitalize.For Logano, the time is now. Although hes just 26, hes wrapping up his eighth full season in the Cup Series and making his second serious run at the championship.No driver has won more Chase races (seven) than Logano in the elimination format era, and he knows that based on what has transpired the last two years at Homestead, he will probably need to take his first win at the Florida track if he wants to secure the crown.Coming off a crucial victory at Phoenix International Raceway certainly helps.Weve got momentum, he said.?Theres a lot of excitement.?I remember when we got through a couple years ago to Miami, I wasnt as excited. I was immediately nervous right after the race [at Phoenix]. This time the feeling is, Hey, weve got confidence. I know we can do it. I dont feel like its a long shot like it was last time because weve been here before.?Weve been in these situations.The fact that Logano ended up fourth among the four title contestants at Homestead in 2014 after a slow pit stop led to a disappointing finish doesnt faze the Team Penske driver.Everyone told me Youve got to lose one to win one, and I thought that was the biggest crock of crap Ive ever heard in my life, Logano related. But you know what, its not the fact that you have to lose one to win one, its the fact that maybe it really helped me to just live through it once. Since then, weve been in those situations where we had to win a race to stay in the championship. And Homestead [in 2014] was the first time we ever had to do that.?I think were approaching it like its a normal weekend, he added. We race to win every week; why should we race differently for a championship, right?? Were racing to win that race, and thats ultimately going to have a championship attached to that.?Weve got momentum. Weve won multiple races. Weve got on rolls before where youve got that momentum and that confidence and it just keeps stacking up like it did last year, and were in good position to do that again.As a backdrop to Loganos championship aspirations, team owner Roger Penske is celebrating his 50th anniversary in racing as a team owner. Simon Pagenaud already won the IndyCar Series championship for Penske in what has been a very successful season for the most successful team owner in American motorsports history. But he only has one Sprint Cup title on the list, 2012 with Brad Keselowski.With Logano, Penske has found the perfect blend of youth and experience that is necessary to contend in the sport today.I can tell you that hes a quality young man, Penske said.?He listens. He motivates his team. I mean, hes there at the shop day in and day out, and theres never been a time weve asked him to do something on or off the track he hasnt done it with a smile.?You look at how tight hes been running here the last year and a half or two years, he really pretty much stayed out of trouble, and I think hes earned a reputation in the garage area that you can race hard with him. To me, thats important.But more important, I think the person himself, he represents us in a first-class manner, and he can be with us a long time, working together with Brad, Penske added. Hes matured, and you have to say that if you go up and down the garage area, at his age, weve got a real winner.Crew chief Todd Gordon likes what he has seen from Logano throughout this season, and especially when the pressure has increased in the Chase.I think the peace that weve had success and weve had speed through the last five races kind of builds your confidence to feel like we just need to go forward and do the things that weve done, and we can be successful, Gordon said.?Hes focused on that and focused on making sure our weekend runs the way weve run our weekends and doesnt change anything up.???????????I feel a lot of calm from his feedback and what hes saying and what hes doing and the mannerisms, he continued.?Hes all over just making this another race, and I think in a great position.Any of the four drivers in Sundays championship finale would make a worthy 2016 champion for NASCAR. But Logano has the opportunity to make his mark on the sport at a much younger age than the others.For him and for the Cup Series, the future starts Sunday. Under Armour Shoes Uk Sale . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Under Armour Sale Clearance Uk . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. http://www.wholesaleunderarmouruk.com/ . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. LIVERPOOL, England -- Liverpool overcame the loss of Philippe Coutinho to an ankle injury in the first half to beat Sunderland 2-0 and keep up its title challenge in the English Premier League on Saturday.Coutinho was carried off on a stretcher in the 34th minute with his right leg in a brace after a challenge with Sunderland midfielder Didier Ndong.Divock Origi came on as Coutinhos replacement and put Liverpool ahead in the 75th minute with a curling shot into the far corner. James Milner converted a penalty in stoppage time to seal victory after Ndong tripped Sadio Mane.Liverpool, which started the 13th round of games in second place, has lost only once this season.Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp wasnt immediately sure what Coutinhos injury was, but said the playmaker had pain, but (the) pain gets better.The loss put an end to Sunderlands mini-revival, after back-to-back wins lifted the team off the bottom of the standings. Sunderland manager David Moyes poor record at Anfield continued -- including his spells at Everton and Manchester United, Moyes hasnt won in 14 games.The visitors conceded 78 percent of posssession but managed to limit Liverpool to a handful of half-chances in the first half. Under Armour Uk Stores. Part of Sunderlands success in negating the threat of Liverpool, which scored 17 times in five previous home league matches, was Jason Denayers man-marking job on Coutinho.The one occasion that the on-loan Manchester City defender lost his man resulted in Coutinhos injury, as Ndongs follow-through caught the right foot of the Brazilian, who was trying to jink past him.Sunderlands one chance before the break fell to former Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar but goalkeeper Loris Karius just got out quick enough to block.Liverpools frustration finally ended 15 minutes from time when Jordan Henderson picked out Origi on the left of the penalty area and the striker threaded a shot across a crowded box and inside the far post.After Milner stepped up to score his fifth goal of the season, Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp had the luxury of handing 17-year-old academy graduate Ben Woodburn a debut. ' ' '
Share: