the Red Bull teenager.It would be good if we | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 19 '19
ALAMEDA, Calif. Nike Air Jordan 1 Clearance . -- The Oakland Raiders released Pro Bowl fullback Marcel Reece on Monday after his four-game suspension for violating the leagues policy on performance-enhancing drugs was completed.Reece was suspended late last season and missed the final game of 2015 and the first three this season.With the Raiders running game thriving so far, the team decided it was time to cut ties with its longest-tenured position player.I dont know that the suspension played a big part in the decision, coach Jack Del Rio said.Other than to allow the guys that played, the backfield that we have, were using all those guys and theyre all doing a nice job in the roles that they have. We feel like its a good group and we dont want to disrupt it.Jamize Olawale has filled Reeces role as the fullback and is better suited as a lead blocker than the more versatile Reece.With the additions of rookies DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard for depth behind starter Latavius Murray, there were few available opportunities for another back.Oakland (2-1) is averaging 148.3 yards rushing for the second-best mark in the NFL and a league-leading 5.9 yards per carry through three games.Despite that production, Del Rio said it was a difficult decision to let Reece go.We have a lot of admiration for the young man and a lot respect for what he brought to this organization for a number of years, Del Rio said. We feel like we have a really good group there so were making this decision.Reece was selected to his fourth Pro Bowl last season before the suspension came down.In eight seasons, he had 205 receptions for 2,015 yards with 12 touchdowns. He also ran for 844 yards on 183 carries with three touchdowns.What he has meant to the organization and to me over the past few years is hard to put into words, but his actions, both on and off the field, speak louder than any words can, general manager Reggie McKenzie said. This was a tough decision. Not enough can be said about Marcels commitment to his teammates and his pride in the Raiders, and we wish him and his family nothing but the best.The former college wide receiver who made himself into a successful NFL fullback often was a difficult matchup for opponents and was at times one of the few bright spots on some ineffective Oakland offenses.With his release, there are only three players on the Raiders roster who were brought into the organization by late owner Al Davis, who died in 2011.Kicker Sebastian Janikowski and long snapper Jon Condo pre-dated Reeces arrival in Oakland and special teams standout Taiwan Jones was part of Davis last draft class.Reece usually wore a T-shirt honoring Davis during pregame warmups.Owner Mark Davis, who took over the team after his fathers death, called this a sad day for the Raiders. He also said there will be a place in the organization for Reece after he retires.My father once said that I would have a tough time running this organization because I was too close to the players, and that rings true today, Mark Davis said. Marcel Reece has been a pillar of the organization for nine years and was the glue that held us together during a tough transition after my fathers passing. He helped put us on the upward path we are on today and his leadership will be sorely missed. The motto, `Once a Raider, Always a Raider, has never been more appropriate.Game notes The Raiders still have one open roster spot since they havent filled the 53rd spot created when DL Mario Edwards Jr. was placed on IR three weeks ago. ... Del Rio had no update on the status of RT Menelik Watson, who left Sundays game with a strained calf.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Air Jordan 1 For Sale Uk . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Nike Air Jordan 1 Uk Sale . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. http://www.clearanceairjordan1uk.com/ . Blackwood, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League.FIA race director Charlie Whiting has explained Lewis Hamilton was not punished for going off track at the Mexican GP because the Mercedes driver did not gain a lasting advantage. The decision not to penalise Hamilton at the start of the last race was challenged by Red Bull after Max Verstappen was hit by a five-second penalty for, like Hamilton, missing the circuits first corner.However, as Whiting revealed immediately after the race to Sky F1s Martin Brundle, data showed from Hamiltons car showed that the Mercedes driver immediately slowed upon returning to the track. Verstappen, on the other hand, was defending from Sebastian Vettel when he lost control of his Red Bull car under braking. Whitings explanation was provided in full during a captivating but highly unusual briefing at the end of the traditional pre-event drivers press conference for this weekends Brazilian GP when Whiting joined Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Daniel Ricciardo and Williams Felipe Massa to talk through the incidents.Hours after Whitings appearance, Ferrari announced they would appeal against Vettels demotion, stating that a number of new elements had come to light after the decision that make the decison reviewable. Its understood the appeal was lodged on Wednesday - the night before Whitings appearance.  Vettel unhappy with his Mexico penaltyThe conference provided Vettel with his first public opportunity to discuss his penalty in Mexico after the Ferrari driver was stripped of his podium finish over three hours after the race had finished.In an incident which was analysed in depth by Whiting in front of the assembled media and the drivers, Vettel was found guilty of moving in the braking zone when trying to hold off Ricciardo on the penultimate lap of the race. Ironically, Vettel was one of the strongest advocates for the rules surrounding such manoeuvres being tightened up in the wake of sustained criticism of Verstappen for similar perceived offences.But Vettel remained adamant he had done nothing wrong.I dont agree with the decision made, said the Ferrari driver. I gave enough room on the inside, l kept the car straight for the majority of the braking and in my opinion Daniel locked up so badly because there was no grip on the inside. I think it looked worse than it actually was. Whiting accepts Vettel apologyWhiting was himself speaking publicly for the first time since Vettel launched a foul-mouthed outburst aimed directly at the FIA race director after the four-time world champion became exasperated with Verstappens refusal to yield.Its not the first time that bad language has been used and the fact it was directed at me was unfortunate, said Whiting. There were a number of mitigating factors which built up to Sebastians frustrations but the fact he sought me out to apologise...for me, that was enough. I am prepared just to forget it and move on.The FIA investigated the outburst but decided not to levy a further penalty against Vettel after the Ferrari driver wrote a letter of apology to the governing body. I am sorry for what l said, conceded Vettel. I regret what l said, I didnt mean it and I am happy Charlie has accepted the apology. Sebastian Vettel says he doesnt agree with his penalty in Mexico Verstappens lasting advantage or double standards?Vettel wasnt alone in expressing his unhappiness with the stewards post-race verdicts in Mexico. Air Jordan 1 Wholesale. Along with Red Bull boss Christian Horner, Verstappen felt he had been the victim of double standards when he was demoted from third place for cutting the first corner following Hamiltons let-off.But according to Whiting, the telemetry from Hamiltons W07 showed the Mercedes driver had backed off to 80 per cent throttle between turns three and four to give back his advantage. Charlie Whiting joins the drivers press conference to explain the two incidents in Mexico where Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen missed the first corner Turning to the Verstappen incident, Whiting then added: If Max had done the same thing between turns three and four, he would have certainly have lost his place. So the stewards felt he deserved a penalty because he had gained a lasting advantage. Thats the fundamental difference.With Whiting sitting directly in front of him, Verstappen responded: Of course I dont agree with the decision. If you give penalties, give it to both or dont give any penalties. A second Verstappen rule in the future?But Verstappen also argued that a blanket ban on drivers leaving the track should be imposed to avoid similar future controversy.Maybe what we should change in the future is that once you go off you should be penalised instead of the stewards interfering and giving an opinion, said the Red Bull teenager.It would be good if we could somehow automatically get some sort of slowing down, agreed Mercedes Nico Rosberg. Sky F1 pundit Brundle argued along similar lines in his post-Mexico column for Sky Sports, writing: I have believed for many years that in those situations a driver should be made to go through a penalty box area at pit lane speed limit so that he takes some serious pain for his mistake.The Verstappen rule, which outlaws drivers moving in the braking zone, was also discussed at length with Whiting clarifying the circumstances under which a penalty would be imposed: Firstly, if a driver has to take avoiding action, if a driver makes an abnormal change of direction in the braking zone and if it is potentially dangerous to another driver. If those three conditions are satisfied then the stewards will feel a penalty should be applied.Such complexity is likely to confuse rather than excite Formula 1 fans. But as Whiting reflected, simplicity is never simple in F1.The whole sport has become more complex. There are continued requests to make things clearer, but the clearer things become the longer, and the more detailed, the rules.For example, all the rules around driving could be summed up in one sentence: drivers must drive safely.But when you have a simple rule like that, you are continually asked what does that exactly mean, can we do this? and can we do that?, and the rule becomes longer and longer… Also See: The Formula 1 Gossip column Whens the Brazilian GP on Sky F1? Get a Sky Sports weekend pass Red Bull: Vettels demotion right ' ' ' 
Share: