LHP Tyler Anderson (5-5, 3.35) is scheduled to start the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 19 '19
NEW YORK -- The Toronto Blue Jays are squandering opportunities in their series at Yankee Stadium. Discount Nike Shoes Uk .Every time the Blue Jays miss a chance to add runs, the New York Yankees exhale.After two dramatic games, the American League East rivals conclude their three-game series Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium, when New York will be looking for complete a sweep.The Blue Jays (77-61) have dropped four of five and are tied with the Boston Red Sox for first place in the division. The Blue Jays have held at least a share of the lead every day since Aug. 16, and this is the fifth time they have been tied.The Yankees (72-65) have won three straight and nine of 13 to stay 3 1/2 games behind the Baltimore Orioles for the second AL wild card. New York also is within 4 1/2 games of the division lead -- its smallest deficit since April 28.We have been playing good baseball, Yankees left fielder Brett Gardner said. Im sure teams in front of us have taken notice.This series has featured two close games with late-inning dramatics.On Monday, Toronto cut a four-run deficit in half on Edwin Encarnacions bases-loaded, seventh-inning single. However, Russell Martin lined out to end the inning, and the Yankees held on to win 5-3.On Tuesday, Kevin Pilars two-run double gave the Jays a short-lived, 4-3 lead in the top of the eighth. The Yankees responded with three runs in the bottom half of the inning, and Chase Headleys two-run homer gave New York a 7-4 lead.After Toronto scored twice in the ninth off Dellin Betances to climb within 7-6, and the bases were loaded when Blake Parker replaced the New York closer with two outs. Pillar struck out Justin Smoak was robbed of a go-ahead extra-base hit by Gardners leaping catch in front of the left field wall.A lot of lost opportunities along the way, no doubt about that, Toronto manager John Gibbons said.Betances is unlikely to be available Wednesday after pitching for the third consecutive game. Normally he would have been unavailable Tuesday, but September circumstances are different, especially in the situation the Yankees are in.As for the starting-pitching matchup for the series finale, Toronto right-hander Marcus Stroman (9-6, 4.58 ERA) gets the call, while the Yankees may employ Bryan Mitchell. Before Tuesdays game, the Yankees were leaning toward using the 25-year-old right-hander, but after the game, their starting pitcher was listed as TBA.Stroman will pitch nearly a year after returning from an ACL injury and throwing five innings in Torontos 10-7 victory Sept. 12, 2015, at New York. He allowed two runs and three hits in eight innings April 14 against the Yankees in Toronto.Stroman has pitched eight innings five times this season but has not done so since July 20 in Arizona. He has a 3.65 ERA in his past seven starts, and he allowed four runs and five hits in six innings Friday during an 8-3 loss at Tampa Bay.My stuff feels as sharp as its been all year, Stroman said. Its just frustrating not getting the results I want to get.Whoever starts for the Yankees will be taking the place of Chad Green, who is out for the season with an elbow injury.Mitchell would be making his season debut after missing most of the year due to a toe injury sustained in the final week of spring training.Mitchell made six rehab starts, including two with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes Barre. In two starts for the Yankees top farm club, he threw a total of nine innings and allowed two runs (one earned) while striking out 14. He threw 91 pitches on Friday.Its crazy, Mitchell said. It feels weird to be coming back at this point, but its exciting. Im ready, Im excited.So are the Yankees, who are still in a playoff race a month after deciding to rebuild and jettison veterans following four months of maddening inconsistency following a 9-17 start.Bottom line is that we hadnt played up to our capability, general manager Brian Cashman said. When you dont do that and underperform, it can bite you in the (rear), so we had to dig ourselves out of a deep hole, but in the last month, weve given ourselves a chance. Hopefully we can take advantage of it. Our guys are having fun competing on a daily basis, and the hope is that we can keep that up. Nike Shoes Outlet Uk Online . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Cheap Nike Shoes Online .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. http://www.discountnikeshoesuk.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. SAN DIEGO -- After having surgery on his left hand on Aug. 15, there was some doubt whether Mark Reynolds would play again this season.Not only did he come back on Aug. 31, but on Sunday, he hit a milestone, game-winning homer.Reynolds connected leading off the 10th inning and the Colorado Rockies beat the San Diego Padres 3-2 to salvage a split of a four-game series.It was the 250th homer of his career and 13th of the season.Its special. I never thought Id have one homer in the big leagues, let alone 250, Reynolds said. Its a pretty cool accomplishment. Itll be pretty neat to tell my grandkids one day: `Grandpa did something cool in the major leagues. Ive got another record, too, but I dont want to tell them about that one.Reynolds holds the big league record for strikeouts in a season, 223 in 2009.His homer came on a 2-2 pitch from Kevin Quackenbush (7-6).I played an 18-inning game here one time one time a couple years ago and that was no fun, he said. This one had all the makings of it. I was able to get a pitch there and barely get it out of here.Reynolds homered on a slider.I think he spun his slider middle up in the zone, and it doesnt matter who does that, that ball gets hit, especially Mark Reynolds, Padres manager Andy Green said.Sunday was his seventh game back after the surgery.I worked hard to get back. It depends on how much pain I can tolerate when I play, managing that and just doing what I can, whether its late-inning defense or pinch-hitting here or there, or playing, Reynolds said.Charlie Blackmon also homered for the Rockies, his 25th, and hit an RBI single.Jake McGee (2-3) pitched the ninth for the win. Addam Ottavino pitched the 10th for his fourth save in eight chances. Cheap Nike Shoes For Sale Online. Blackmon gave the Rockies a 2-0 lead with his homer leading off the fourth and an RBI single with two outs in the fifth. His home run came after San Diegos Edwin Jackson retired the first nine batters.Nick Hundley hit a leadoff double in the fifth and scored on Blackmons single. Blackmon got caught in a rundown to end the inning.Rockies right-hander Chad Bettis was cruising with a one-hit shutout before the Padres tied it at 2 in the sixth. Travis Jankowski doubled to left-center and scored on Wil Myers triple that rolled to the fence in right-center. Yangervis Solarte brought in Myers with a sacrifice fly.Jackson allowed two runs and five hits in six innings, struck out four and walked one.I didnt necessarily feel like I had my best stuff, as far as strength-wise, Jackson said. I think I couldve went out there for another inning, but its a two-nothing game. We have guys on the bench trying to come out and produce runs. Its a pitchers duel.Bettis went seven, allowing two runs and four hits, with five strikeouts and one walk.UP NEXTRockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (5-5, 3.35) is scheduled to start the opener of a three-game series at Arizona that starts Monday night. Shelby Miller (2-11, 6.89) is scheduled to start for Arizona.Padres: RHP Paul Clemens (2-5, 5.44) is scheduled to start the opener of a three-game series at San Francisco starting Monday night. The Giants are scheduled to counter with Jeff Samardzija (11-9, 4.00). ' ' ' 
Share: