ity of Shkoder, near the border with Monteneg | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Mar 19 '19
Rory McIlroy has hinted that he will put the BMW PGA Championship back on his schedule next year, but Turkey is set to remain off the menu for the world No. Cheap Eddie Murray Jersey . 2.McIlroy had missed the cut in three of his six appearances at Wentworth before tasting victory in 2014, and also made an early exit in defence of his title 12 months later.The four-time major winner did not play this year but is set to feature in 2017, when the event will be part of the European Tours new Rolex Series, a group of seven tournaments with a minimum prize fund of $7 million (£5.6 million).I wouldnt be surprised to see me back at Wentworth next year, said McIlroy, who also welcomed the inclusion of the Irish Open -- hosted by his own foundation -- in the Rolex Series.The European Tour and Rolex will make up the £10 million total shortfall in funding for the BMW PGA Championship, Irish Open and Scottish Open, with the Italian Open, Turkish Airlines Open, Nedbank Golf Challenge and DP World Tour Championship already meeting the prize-fund requirements.However, even the riches on offer in Turkey seem unlikely to tempt McIlroy back to the country following his withdrawal from this years event because of security concerns.McIlroy was not alone in pulling out, but as the star attraction his absence was keenly felt and the manner of his withdrawal drew criticism from Turkish Golf Federation president Ahmet Agaoglu, who heard about it via the media.The 27-year-old also missed the Olympics in Rio after citing concerns over the Zika virus but does not feel his reputation has suffered as a result.I think I do enough good things on the golf course and off the golf course in terms of what I do charity-wise and how I try to carry myself, McIlroy said ahead of the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai. Pulling out of a couple of golf tournaments I dont think is going to damage that.Id rather go to Turkey wanting to win the golf tournament than go to Turkey and not want to be there and finish 40th. What good does that do for the tournament? That does nothing for them.The biggest way they can promote golf in Turkey -- OK, they can have my face everywhere on posters -- is me lifting that trophy at the end of the week. If I dont feel comfortable being there Im not going to win the golf tournament.Asked if he was likely to play next year, McIlroy added: After what I read, maybe not.At least McIlroys schedule at the start of 2017 will be busy, the Northern Irishman fulfilling a promise to Ernie Els to play the South African Open in January -- My last IOU from the 2015 Irish Open -- before tournaments in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Los Angeles, Florida (two), Mexico and Texas.After that comes his third attempt to complete the career Grand Slam by winning the Masters, a task he admits was hampered this year by being too proud to seek help with his inconsistent putting.I was stubborn and wanted to figure it out on my own, but I really needed a second opinion, added McIlroy, who eventually sought help from putting expert Phil Kenyon and went on to win the Tour Championship and FedEx Cup.I always figured that if you figure something out on your own, you take ownership of it and its yours. Whereas I felt like my putting was sometimes what other people were telling me what to do, and it was never really mine.But sometimes you need a little bit of help, and I went and got that in August and it really turned the season around for me. Cheap Roberto Alomar Jersey . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Cheap MLB Jerseys . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. http://www.cheaporiolesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-frank-robinson-jersey . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. TIRANA, Albania -- The religious leader of Albanias Muslim community has welcomed the Israel soccer team for a World Cup qualifier later Saturday.Grand Mufti Skender Brucaj used his Facebook page on Saturday to wish sportsmen and guests from Israel a calm and peaceful stay in the Albanian land!Some 2,000 police have surrounded the stadium, with extensive checks on supporters going to the Group G match.Albanian police say they have taken extreme steps to secure the qualifier. Small shops, coffee bars, and other businesses near the stadium have been closed. The main road between the match venue Elbasan and the capital Tirana was closed three hours ahead of the match.Fans were advised not to bring fireworks, bottles, big or racist banners and anything metal, including home or car keys.Brucaj said he was proud of Albanias high human values, that of generosity, and religious tolerance and harmmony. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic. roud of our predecessors, Albanian Muslims, believers and generous ones who sheltered thousands of Israelis at their homes during World War II, turning into the only country in Europe with more Israelis after the war than before it started, he said.Mergim Mavraj, playing for Albania and a Muslim, also welcomed Israel in the country of religious tolerance and harmony. We do not need extreme security when we go out of our house, he said.The venue was changed for security reasons from the northern city of Shkoder, near the border with Montenegro, to Elbasan, much nearer to the capital Tirana.The decision followed media reports that an alleged terror group of 15 persons, arrested in Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia, planned an attack during the match. ' ' '
Share: