y take issue with the point of view that they are e | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Mar 12 '19
LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers unleashed a motivational ploy before the start of Thursdays Game 5 in the National League Division Series, unveiling retired broadcaster Vin Scully from the suite level at Dodger Stadium. Jerseys NFL Wholesale .Scully announced his famous pregame catchphrase, Its time for Dodger baseball, sending the home crowd into a frenzy before the Dodgers took the field for the first inning.The Dodgers tradition is to have a pregame guest announce the Scully catchphrase before every game. It appeared that former Dodgers first basemen Eric Karros and Steve Garvey would have the honors Thursday, before Karros and Garvey directed the crowds attention upstairs.Scully promptly said his five famous words before waving to the crowd.Scully retired at the end of the regular season, ending a 67-year run as the teams radio and television broadcaster. His last broadcast was on Oct. 2, during the Dodgers final regular-season game at San Francisco. The Giants honored the occasion by recognizing Scully with a bronze plaque in the visitors broadcast booth.Scullys last home game came Sept. 25, when the Dodgers won on Charlie Culbersons game-ending home run, clinching a fourth consecutive National League West title in the process.Thursday was the first time Scully was at Dodger Stadium this postseason.The Dodgers and Cubs are currently tied in the National League Championship Series at two games apiece. China Jerseys Cheap .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. China NFL Jerseys . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. http://www.cheapjerseyschina.us/ . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not a believer in protesting by sitting or kneeling during the national anthem.Speaking to Yahoo! on Monday morning, Ginsburg had some harsh words for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other players who have decided to kneel during the national anthem in protest of racial inequality.I think its really dumb of them, Ginsburg said. Would I arrest them for doing it? No. I think its dumb and disrespectful. I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think its a terrible thing to do, but I wouldnt lock a person up for doing it.I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act. But its dangerous to arrest people for conduct that doesnt jeopardize the health or well-being of other people. Its a symbol theyre engaged in.Kaepernick began his protest in August by sitting during the national anthem before the first three preseason games. After a meeting with Army Green Beret Nate Boyer, Kaepernick decided to kneel in an effort to make the protest more respectful.Safety Eric Reid joined Kaepernick then and linebacker Eli Harold has also begun kneeling in the past few weeks. Other NFL players have also joined in kneeling or by raising their right fists during the playing of The Star-Spangled Banner.Kaepernick repeatedly has said that he respects tthe military but hes trying to use his platform to speak up for those who dont have a voice and send a message that substantive change needs to take place in order to quell racial oppression in the United States. Cheap Jerseys For Sale. It came from America and seeing the things that we do here and how we treat people and the oppression and injustices that go on, Kaepernick said in late September. Its something Ive seen for a long time, its something I have studied up on and its something that needs to be addressed because its affecting thousands, if not millions, of lives.Kaepernick has also committed to donating $1 million to communities in need by offering $100,000 each week during the first 10 weeks of the season. Kaepernick also has said he will donate profits from the sales of his No. 7 jersey to those same causes.Ginsburg, 83, told Yahoo! she didnt feel Kaepernick and other players should be punished for their protests but made it clear that she would disagree with their stance.If they want to be stupid, theres no law that should be preventive, Ginsburg said. If they want to be arrogant, theres no law that prevents them from that. What I would do is strongly take issue with the point of view that they are expressing when they do that. ' ' 'wo World Series titles, somehow steered the Indians around danger for months. He got the most out of this team, mostly unknowns to the rest of the country, but now one worth watching for years to come.Well be back, Kipnis said. ' ' '
Share: