y either.The criticism is always going | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 11 '19
GREEN BAY, Wis. Wholesale Nike Shoes Online . -- An athletic tight end added to the passing game. Deep balls turned into game-changing plays.And in the backfield, a former receiver has turned into a breakaway threat on the ground.The Green Bay Packers have found offensive balance and more options for quarterback Aaron Rodgers on the teams late-season surge back into the playoff picture.That run the table comment that Rodgers made when the Packers were 4-6 -- referring to Green Bay needing to win its final six regular-season games -- isnt such a far-fetched idea after all.Obviously its a leap of faith, but also a feeling based on seeing these guys every single day, understanding how close I felt like we were to being a better offense, Rodgers said Tuesday.The passing game was already the strong point for the Packers (8-6), even before their current four-game win streak. The Packers relied on a quick-passing attack to receivers Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Randall Cobb to help compensate for an injury-riddled backfield and a foot injury to tight end Jared Cook.Slowly but surely, more threats are emerging, just in time for a game against Minnesotas tough defense coming up Christmas Eve at Lambeau Field.The Packers now have at least a couple of avenues to return to the playoffs for an eighth straight season, though the most direct road involves beating the Vikings to set up a winner-take-all showdown in Detroit for the NFC North on New Years Day against the Lions.If something else happens, then thats great, but were worried about this week and trying to get one more win and put ourselves in position to win the division, Nelson said.The Packers have hit on deep balls the last two weeks, with Adams snaring a 66-yard touchdown catch against Seattle before the Rodgers-to-Nelson bomb against the Bears that set up the winning field goal.The 6-foot-4 Cook is a matchup problem in coverage, as evidenced by his six catches for 85 yards on eight targets against Chicago.Ive talked about it since I got here, the fastest way to the end zone is through the middle of the field, so the bigger target you have going down the field the better it is for your quarterback, coach Mike McCarthy said.In the backfield, after losing Eddie Lacy to a season-ending ankle injury in October, the Packers finally seemed to have found a lead back in the most unconventional of ways.Former receiver Ty Montgomery erased any lingering doubt that he was just a novelty after rushing for a career-high 162 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries against Chicago. McCarthy disclosed last week that Montgomery was now a full-time running back, and the Bears treated him as such in coverage -- a first for an opposing defense this year, Rodgers said.Behind Montgomery, Christine Michael also appears to be settling in with Green Bay after being claimed off waivers from Seattle last month. Montgomery and Michael provided a one-two backfield punch against Chicago that the Packers havent had since Lacy and James Starks were healthy at the start of the season.The added diversity on offense comes at just the right time, too, with Rodgers working through calf and hamstring injuries.Even then, Rodgers arm remains sharp, even if his mobility might be limited.I felt like regardless of how our defense was playing, if we could set the tone offensively ... it would help out the defense, Rodgers said about his run the table comment. Give them a little confidence when they took they field that theyre not behind or against the field position every single time, as they were many times in that four-game stretch.Game notes The Packers didnt practice Tuesday. Rodgers said he expected to be limited when practice resumed Wednesday. ... McCarthy was hopeful that LB Nick Perry (hand) could practice on Wednesday. Perry, who leads the team with eight sacks, has missed the last two games.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Nike Shoes China Free Shipping . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Authentic Wholesale Nike Shoes . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. http://www.wholesaleshoesnike.com/ . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Star playmaker Moses Mbye has refuted suggestions internal strife was to blame for Canterburys meek exit from the NRL premiership race.The Bulldogs slipped out the finals back door on Sunday in their elimination-final defeat to Penrith - their fourth-successive loss.And on-field frustration boiled over, not for the first time this year, when Mbye colourfully remonstrated with hooker Michael Lichaa as the Dogs desperately pressed for a late comeback.It was the second time this year Lichaa had been involved in a heated on-field debate. Mbyes halves partner Josh Reynolds also found himself in the headlines for the wrong reasons after wildly gesticulating at Lichaa earlier this year in a match against the Warriors.But Moses is adamant everything is OK at Belmore.Its all sweet, he told AAPMy spray at Lichaa was just a bit of frustration coming out. We were down , the window to win that game was getting smaller and smaller obviously and I wanted the pill and didnt get it.It was just something in the heat of the moment.But me and Lichaa are best mates. We are fine now. It was just one of those things.Coach Des Hasler, who has been invoolved in the last 12 finals series, has copped plenty of heat for the Dogs late-season slide. Wholesale Nike Shoes For Sale. But Mbye said the players were behind Hasler.If you are not winning games, people are going to say what you are doing is wrong, Mbye said.We put all our trust in Des. His resume speaks for itself. He is a quality coach and the boys are really happy with him.But if he wants to tinker around in the off-season with how we play, that is what he will do.Mbye, who was selected midweek in Mal Meningas PMs XIII, wasnt worried by the avalanche of criticism that had come his way either.The criticism is always going to be there, he said.I am in a position where you are responsible for a lot of the game and, when we are dropping games, I am going to get criticised. I expected that and it was something that didnt really faze me.Overall, I thought my year was good - I really enjoyed my football. I learned a lot out of the year I didnt know last year and I am really excited about moving forward into next season. ' ' ' 
Share: