knowing all three positions gives me kind of like a whole | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Mar 11 '19
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Adidas Sam Steel Jersey . --?Denver Broncos rookie quarterback Paxton Lynch will get his second NFL start Sunday in Jacksonville.Broncos coach Gary Kubiak formally ruled Trevor Siemian out against the Jaguars due to a left foot injury he suffered in overtime in Sundays loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Siemian has spent the week with his foot in a walking boot and did not practice.On Friday, Siemian removed the walking boot and did some brief work on the field with head trainer Steve Antonopulos, so the Broncos could determine if the quarterback should try to practice. After the short workout, the Broncos decided that Lynch will start against the Jaguars.The plan was to take the boot off of him this morning, do a few things with [Antonopulos] and see where were at, Kubiak said Friday. After doing that, we made a decision to put [the boot] back on him.The Broncos, at 7-4, are in a tight race for an AFC playoff spot, and many players have labeled their remaining games as must-wins.Siemian will travel with the team Saturday to Jacksonville and continue to receive treatment. Kubiak said he hoped Siemian could test the foot again with some additional on-field work Monday, after the team returns to Denver.The second-year quarterback is expected to spend the game in the coaches box with offensive coordinator Rick Dennison.Kubiak said Thursday that Siemian had been fitted for an orthotic insert he will wear in his shoe when he does return to the practice field or play in a game. On Wednesday, Kubiak called the injury a foot sprain, which Siemian is believed to have suffered when Chiefs linebacker?Justin Houston?tackled him from behind on a 1-yard run in the Broncos first possession of overtime.Lynch, the Broncos first-round pick in April, took most of the work with the starting offense through the week. Backup quarterback?Austin Davis has taken a smattering of plays with the first-team offense as well.I feel like Ive come a long way from first getting here and seeing the playbook for the first time, Lynch said. Its a little easier. ... Youre not thinking as much. Youre getting out there and playing.Lynch started the Broncos loss to the Atlanta Falcons in Week 5, when Siemian was sidelined with a left shoulder injury.I think for both starts, I think theyve tried to make it more comfortable for me, kind of move the pocket, let me run around a little bit. Lynch said. And also some of their stuff with the dropbacks and throw it down the field.Lynch finished that game 23-of-35, passing for 223 yards with a touchdown and an interception. He was sacked six times against the Falcons.Its been a good week for him, Kubiak said. Paxtons working really hard. Im really proud of how far hes come, how hard hes worked. Adidas Hampus Lindholm Jersey . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Adidas Corey Perry Jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. http://www.cheapducksjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-josh-manson-jersey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars rookie Myles Jack can finally settle into a position, maybe even a starting role.After spending all of training camp learning the nuances of playing middle linebacker, Jack moved to weak-side linebacker for the preseason finale. He spent a month there and then switched to strong-side linebacker two weeks ago, before the Jaguars (1-3) beat Indianapolis in London.Now, coach Gus Bradley expects him to stay there for a while. The Jaguars, coming off a bye week, play at Chicago (1-4) on Sunday.I just have to answer the call and continue to keep up with my studies, Jack said Wednesday. Im going to try to make the most out of the opportunity and make the most of the position.Jack will officially play the Otto spot in Jacksonvilles 4-3 defense. Its a strong-side linebacker who hovers near the line scrimmage and is mainly responsible for setting the edge against the run.Its not the ideal position for Jack, a second-round draft pick from UCLA who is expected to eventually replace veteran middle linebacker Paul Posluszny. But it will get him on the field more often this season.He definitely has a big upside as we knew that when we drafted him, defensive coordinator Todd Wash said.Jack might even supplant Dan Skuta in the starting lineup. Skuta sat out the victory against the Colts with a sore hip, but was not on the injury report this week.Jack has six tackles and a pass defense in limited action. He played well against the Colts, especially considering he had just picked up the position.Hes had to learn a lot, thats for sure, Posluszny said. When its all said and done, hes going to have a great understanding of the defense because hes learned multiple positions. The good thing with this newest move, him being on the outside, his job will be very specific, so it shouldnt be an issue for him. Adidas Korbinian Holzer Jersey. He has the physical skills. Its about taking the time and learning the techniques hes going to have to use.The Jags believe Jack is the franchises future middle linebacker. But since Posluszny has been better than anticipated in pass coverage, the team has been working to find other ways of getting him on the field.Jack was considered one of the best coverage linebackers in the draft, but slipped to the second round because of uncertainty about his right knee. He tore a meniscus last September and missed the remainder of his junior season. He left school in early October to rehab in Phoenix.The Jaguars checked his knee three times before the draft, and general manager Dave Caldwell felt comfortable enough to trade up two spots to grab him with the 36th overall pick when he starting falling.Jack missed most of the teams offseason conditioning program because of NFL rules regarding college graduations, so he had a lot of catching up to do before training camp to get in better shape .Getting a grasp on all three linebacker positions has been his problem since.At the end of the day, this is what I signed up for, Jack said. I feel like knowing all three positions gives me kind of like a whole perspective of the defense. It allows me to really see where everybodys at and kind of feel the space in and things like that. I think its very beneficial. It just comes down to me applying myself.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '
Share: